The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by slade p
black guys preferring white girls may be true, but many will still like black girls.

Perhaps.
I'm 5'7 so it has to be a no.
Nope the height difference would be way too much :lol:. Wouldn't ever really want to be with someone shorter than me.
Reply 63
Original post by slade p
how do you feel being 5'3?

how do girls treat you?

do they think you look cute?

I'm about 185cm, this isn't about me.
Out of curiosity to those saying no, would you seriously turn someone down if everything else was perfect?
As a short guy I always thought I'd hate being with a girl taller than me. Guess what, my ex was taller than me.
Reply 65
Original post by StevieA
Is it a deal breaker or not?

i'm only 5ft so it wouldn't bother me, besides it's not about height if i like you and you have a brilliant personality then i would date someone regardless of height :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by Saleem Aslam
It just shows how stupid people can be who wont date a person based on their height
So your telling me that a guy with the perfect personality would be ejected because he is a couple of inches shorter than you.
People can be so insecure about what people think about them being with a shorter guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because people care about their public appearance, it's sad but we're all like it in some way.

I wouldn't say no to a taller woman than me (I'm 5'7) but I prefer shorter girls.
I would (if that was the only 'problem') and I'm 5"6 and like wearing heels. People can be really silly about this sort of thing - not to say people can't have personal tastes, but I remember my friends being bitchy about this couple because the guy was a little shorter :rolleyes:
Reply 68
the point is if you said it about weight like you wouldn't date a woman cause they were too big you would get ripped into, weight is something that alot of people can control, height isn't
Reply 69
My Mum is taller than my Dad and my mates all call her a MILF so there is hope for you short people yet.
Original post by thechemistress
Yes, exactly. I'm not loud, I have a firm grasp of the english language and I'm not aggressive.

Most black guys prefer white girls. Just saying. And I don't think she's being bitter, just stating a fact.

Exactly, I honestly only think a small minority of black girls fit the stereotype of loud and rude. The thing is, when white girls act in this way which is common in this country for some reason no one cares!

Yeah, I think so as well. Most black men prefer other races. There was an article on online dating and it mentioned how black women got the least replies, it also states how black women messaged black men the most but did not get many replies from black men.
Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH
The difference is you can't change your height, all fat women have to do is eat less and they'll stop being fat.

True man!
At 5 ft-ish myself it would not really be an issue
you only live once :perv:

However

Spoiler

Original post by WelshBluebird
Out of curiosity to those saying no, would you seriously turn someone down if everything else was perfect?
As a short guy I always thought I'd hate being with a girl taller than me. Guess what, my ex was taller than me.

The thing is most girls find tall men attractive. Looks is important in a relationshop.
Original post by xoflower
The thing is most girls find tall men attractive. Looks is important in a relationshop.

I am not saying that isn't the case. But height is just one part of what a person may find attractive. This thread is asking if you would date a 5'3'' guy. I am questioning some of the replies because they are outright no's and seem to be answering a "do you prefer short guys or tall guys" question. I have no doubt most girls prefer taller guys, but is it really such a vital thing for most? I doubt it. As I said, if a guy asked you out and he was almost everything you would want in a guy, except height, would you really say no because of that?

Personally I find tattoos and piercings attractive on a girl. That doesn't mean I wouldn't go out with someone who doesn't have them.
Original post by xoflower
Exactly, I honestly only think a small minority of black girls fit the stereotype of loud and rude. The thing is, when white girls act in this way which is common in this country for some reason no one cares!

Yeah, I think so as well. Most black men prefer other races. There was an article on online dating and it mentioned how black women got the least replies, it also states how black women messaged black men the most but did not get many replies from black men.

Yeah, I saw that on Buzzfeed. It was kind of sad to know that I'm least desirable :/
Original post by TheBBQ
This
Bitches be shallow

+ rep :h: :congrats:
Original post by WelshBluebird
I am not saying that isn't the case. But height is just one part of what a person may find attractive. This thread is asking if you would date a 5'3'' guy. I am questioning some of the replies because they are outright no's and seem to be answering a "do you prefer short guys or tall guys" question. I have no doubt most girls prefer taller guys, but is it really such a vital thing for most? I doubt it. As I said, if a guy asked you out and he was almost everything you would want in a guy, except height, would you really say no because of that?

Personally I find tattoos and piercings attractive on a girl. That doesn't mean I wouldn't go out with someone who doesn't have them.

Sadly, most girls don't want a short guy even if he had a good personality... especially one below the average height for a woman. 5ft6-5ft8 is short for a guy but not bad since they are taller than most girls.

There are loads of reasons: women want to feel feminine, people would comment on height, social norms, plenty of women don't want short kids.

Also, height is something that girls find very important when it comes to finding men attractive, for me its probably 60% important when it comes to appearance, then 20% decent face, 20% healthy body.
It's ridiculous that something like height can be a deal breaker, I'm a 5'5 girl and if I'm completely honest it would be a turn off. I think just because of how it makes the girl feel (less girly, too tall) in most cases.