The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Accommodation at Swansea

Scroll to see replies

One double bedroom available in a 4 bedroom house located on Cromwell Street. 3 other female housemates, two second years and one first year, all of which are lovely and easy to get on with! £260 per month without bills. Just a short walk from all university campuses so it is ideal! Message me for any more information or if you have any questions.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Has anyone else received a room offer today? I'll be on the eighth floor of Penmaen.
Reply 302
got my offer today and it says hsv 142/03, is this floor 3 room 142? poverty student village is the only place for me
Original post by deeyel
got my offer today and it says hsv 142/03, is this floor 3 room 142? poverty student village is the only place for me

I recently had an offer for 142/06, whatever that means. Looks like we're pretty close. People I know have been calling it the 'gypsy village' haha!
Reply 304
Original post by Hollienwilliams
I recently had an offer for 142/06, whatever that means. Looks like we're pretty close. People I know have been calling it the 'gypsy village' haha!

think it'd be the same block but the next floor along... probably
if by gypsy village they mean party village then yeah sweet
Original post by deeyel

The first number states the block/house and the second number denotes the room. Good luck with your results! :smile:
Original post by deeyel

I hope so, party village sounds good to me!
Reply 307
I'm on the eight floor Presili. Anybody else?
Original post by deeyel

I've just finished my first year in the student village and lived in 140/02 (flat 140) in the same block but downstairs from your flat 142. You'll both be flatmates in 142 and your room number is the number after 142. The village is amazing for socializing and partying especially during freshers. I got to know so many people and you'll know everyone from the block quite quickly. You've got a reputation to live up to in that block guys, we had great parties and some crazy antics last year :biggrin: Had so much fun in first year and will definitely be back to pay your flats a visit when term starts!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 309
Original post by MattBarnes
I've just finished my first year in the student village and lived in 140/02 (flat 140) in the same block but downstairs from your flat 142. You'll both be flatmates in 142 and your room number is the number after 142. The village is amazing for socializing and partying especially during freshers. I got to know so many people and you'll know everyone from the block quite quickly. You've got a reputation to live up to in that block guys, we had great parties and some crazy antics last year :biggrin: Had so much fun in first year and will definitely be back to pay your flats a visit when term starts!

sweet, do you know of anywhere indoors I can keep a motorbike nearby? I'd rather not fork out a load of money for a decent cover to make sure it doesn't rust apart, when I could just garage it somewhere near.
you'd definitely be welcome to come back and pay us a visit, the banter bus is never too full :cool:
Original post by deeyel
sweet, do you know of anywhere indoors I can keep a motorbike nearby? I'd rather not fork out a load of money for a decent cover to make sure it doesn't rust apart, when I could just garage it somewhere near.
you'd definitely be welcome to come back and pay us a visit, the banter bus is never too full :cool:

Not too sure if there's anywhere indoors for a motorbike, the only parking for vehicles in the village is outside unfortunately. There is room for push bikes under the stairs inside but i doubt you'd be able to get a motorbike in there. Best bet is to ask student services :smile:
Reply 311
Anyone else in Penmaen? :smile:
Reply 312
Original post by ReedViper
Has anyone else received a room offer today? I'll be on the eighth floor of Penmaen.

I'm in Penmaen too :smile:
I need to decide which accommodation to apply for tonight, any recommendations? Thinking the village looks better right now, all help greatly appreciated!
Oops wrong year! Sorry!! :biggrin:
Reply 315
Rhossili anyone? I don't know my floor or anything, all I know is 'RHN009' so if anyone can work that out, then thanks
Original post by 123peachtree
Hello

I'll be in HSV075/06...bit unsure about where this is exactly ?
and is the /06 my bedroom number ?

also how much is a bus pass and how much time does it cover ( a year or just terms )

sorry for so many questions

If my memory serves me well you will be in the designated quiet area, where no loud noise is allowed after 11pm. Your room will be on the first floor.
I'm in HOR407, anyone nearby? :smile:
Reply 318
Any idea what HSV 015/02 is like?
Hi guys, I'm thinking about applying to Swansea for Sept 2015 :smile: My choice of course is Geography and Geo-informatics. I'm strongly considering campus accomodation but as an international student I'm concerned about financial issues. So could anyone tell me
- is the village really that far from the campus? The page says it's 15 minute bus ride but I've heard it's even up to 40 minutes ride!
- will my geography course be held in the new Bay campus?
- if yes, how far is the Bay campus from the village? if no, how far is the Bay campus from the 'old' campus?
Somebody please help me out, I'm really confused and I got excited about the uni already! :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest