The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thechemistress
Yeah. Why do they assume that we're stupid/lacking an education?
Oh my word, the angry black woman thing is so true. It's so incredibly annoying. If I even show the tiniest bit of annoyance, I'm stereotyped. I just want to be able to engage in a heated debate with somebody without somebody going 'oh, there goes another one of those agressive black women'

YES! If another race of women got into a debate then no one would care! but if you're a black woman you are seen as angry and masculine.

Also, are you dark skin? I find it annoying how the only black women in the media are light skin with the majority having 'white' facial features such as rihanna and beyonce. How is that meant to uplift black women, its literally a reminder that the only way for society to find you attractive is to fit into the European beauty standard!

Another thing I've noticed on a few forums and youtube comments is white men usually/black men saying ''Shes only attractive because she has white features'' or ''I don't usually like black/dark girls but...'', it basically shows how most men are ashamed to find a black woman attractive.
Original post by Tai Ga
No. I don't understand how it's shallow either. When it's race it's "preference", now suddenly since you're being affected it's shallow? :rolleyes: Please.

Original post by xoflower
Also people are such hypocrites! Not liking black girls is preference (even though we have no control over our race) but not liking a short guy is shallow... lol what?

This seems to be coming up a lot. OP's question was if you would DATE a 5'3 guy, not whether or not you could LIKE a 5'3 guy. In race threads it was clear guys had no problem dating black girls, some guys simply said that they don't usually LIKE black girls, but if the attraction was there, then of course they would. Here, there are girls just throwing out other, shallow reasons they wouldn't DATE a 5'3 guy. Of course there will be girls who outright would not feel any attraction to any 5'3 guy, that's obviously fine... but by the way the answers are worded here, a number of girls here wouldn't date a 5'3 guy just because he was 5'3, regardless of attraction. So yeah, it's shallow.

I've seen plenty of posts on social media where some girls say something along the lines of "This guy was sooo hot, but he was short :thumbdown:".

Also, I question how many people here actually know how to use a tape measure, a disproportionate number of girls are saying they are above 5'4.5...

(edited 9 years ago)
Thats good :smile:

I think its sad how black guys don't like black girls
Fortunately I'm not under the same stifling impression. People like whomever they like and black guys, like black girls.
YES! If another race of women got into a debate then no one would care! but if you're a black woman you are seen as angry and masculine.

Also, are you dark skin? I find it annoying how the only black women in the media are light skin with the majority having 'white' facial features such as rihanna and beyonce. How is that meant to uplift black women, its literally a reminder that the only way for society to find you attractive is to fit into the European beauty standard!

Another thing I've noticed on a few forums and youtube comments is white men usually/black men saying ''Shes only attractive because she has white features'' or ''I don't usually like black/dark girls but...'', it basically shows how most men are ashamed to find a black woman attractive.

Yep, dark-skinned :/ And exactly! You're saying exactly what I think! It's just awful.

Where are you from?
How many guys would date a woman that was 6ft4?

Can't be mad at girls for preferring taller.
for me its probably 60% important when it comes to appearance, then 20% decent face, 20% healthy body.

You've got to be trolling? What the hell.

I think its sad how black guys don't like black girls

The hundreds of black babies being born everyday says your statement is bull****.
Original post by Yawn11
The hundreds of black babies being born everyday says your statement is bull****.

What I meant is its sad how most are falling for euro centric beauty standards, not standing up for their women and choosing not to date us due to what people think
Yep, dark-skinned :/ And exactly! You're saying exactly what I think! It's just awful.

Where are you from?

I'm from Kent, but have lived in London.

And my background is Nigeria, you?
Original post by TheGuyReturns
You've got to be trolling? What the hell.

Why is that so shocking?
Why is that so shocking?

Only 20% (1/5th) of physical attraction being down to the face is pretty amazing.
Yeah. Why not. I love pint-sized people. Plus, would be more practical. I imagine tall people are hard to kiss.
for me its probably 60% important when it comes to appearance, then 20% decent face, 20% healthy body.

I'm sorry but how can you not realise that this is hilariously insane? how tall are you exactly as a girl? 6'0? why is height then more important than looks by over an overall 20% margin?! :lol:

Awesome. I'm from Oxford and also have a Nigerian background :wink: Igbo, Housa or Uruba? (My spelling may be wayyyy off, apologies)
Original post by zippity.doodah
I'm sorry but how can you not realise that this is hilariously insane? how tall are you exactly as a girl? 6'0? why is height then more important than looks by over an overall 20% margin?! :lol:

I just like tall guys, jesus. I'm 5ft7, above average so I want an above average man.

Also, face is only 20% as I'm not exactly stereotypically pretty.
Awesome. I'm from Oxford and also have a Nigerian background :wink: Igbo, Housa or Uruba? (My spelling may be wayyyy off, apologies)

haha thats cool :smile: and I'm Yoruba and I'm guessing your Igbo lol since you spelt Hausa wrong
Original post by TheGuyReturns
Only 20% (1/5th) of physical attraction being down to the face is pretty amazing.

I know, I don't care about mens faces, not ugly and average is good enough for me :smile:
I just like tall guys, jesus. I'm 5ft7, above average so I want an above average man.

Also, face is only 20% as I'm not exactly stereotypically pretty.

yeah I get why you think it's attractive for a guy to be tall, but why is it *that* much important than everything else? that's actually laughable, why do you feel so strongly about something so random?
Original post by Yawn11
How many guys would date a woman that was 6ft4?

Can't be mad at girls for preferring taller.

well, actually, a 5'3 man is the equivalent of a 5'11 woman, so I don't what kind of mathematics you're doing there...
What I meant is its sad how most are falling for euro centric beauty standards, not standing up for their women and choosing not to date us due to what people think

Why do you need them to stand up for you? I'm an Oriental guy who likes white girls and we have a lot of stereotypes that make us undesirable to them. But I couldn't give a damn if Oriental girls don't "stick up" for us.

Latest

Trending

Trending