The Student Room Group

Applying to Dame Alice Owens

Hey everyone, next year I'll be applying to sixth forms. I done some research and Dame Alice Owens seems really good. I live about an hour away however I'm not sure that my predicted grades are high enough to get in.

My grades are currently 8 A's and 2 B's. The B's are in Spanish and History, two subject which I do not plan on continuing at A level.

I just want to know what the average predicted grades are for students who get in. Any idea what your predicted grades need to be to get an offer?

Also I'm going to be applying for Maths, Further Maths and two sciences. Probably Physics and Chemistry. If that changes anything
Original post by dbkt
Hey everyone, next year I'll be applying to sixth forms. I done some research and Dame Alice Owens seems really good. I live about an hour away however I'm not sure that my predicted grades are high enough to get in.

My grades are currently 8 A's and 2 B's. The B's are in Spanish and History, two subject which I do not plan on continuing at A level.

I just want to know what the average predicted grades are for students who get in. Any idea what your predicted grades need to be to get an offer?

Also I'm going to be applying for Maths, Further Maths and two sciences. Probably Physics and Chemistry. If that changes anything

I don't know the answer to all of your questions, but I do have the following pieces of information. Firstly, you need an A* at GCSE Maths to study Further Maths at DAO. Secondly, if you are applying to study Further Maths, you need to choose 5 A Level options, not 4. Personally, I think that's absurd but that's their policy.
i am hoping to apply to D.A.O next year too , my predicted grades are all A's and i would expect most people will have amazing grades but i dont think yours are anything to worry about

Quick Reply

Latest