The Student Room Group

Are there any decent guys anymore that value marriage/commitment

and aren't religious? Do they even exist? I'm 23, a virgin, don't drink etc. After I get my degree, I just want to settle down and have a family with a decent guy, but where to find them?

Scroll to see replies

do you have any guy friends? the ones that don't go clubbing or whatever? Because it would probably be one of those.
Nah, they're like unicorns. It's cute that you believe in love still, good luck with that!
ye loads of people like that lol.
Reply 4
Of course. You just don't notice them because they often don't put themselves out there because they aren't "lads"
Yes but hard to find

Posted from TSR Mobile
They are often quite shy (myself included).
They are generally more like yourself, timid. This isn't always true though. Watch out for people whom aren't afraid of disagreeing with the populist views. People who speak the truth even when others don't like it.

We do still exist, we are also easy to find. You girls just have too open your eyes and take a proper look.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
and aren't religious? Do they even exist? I'm 23, a virgin, don't drink etc. After I get my degree, I just want to settle down and have a family with a decent guy, but where to find them?

I value commitment but I do not value marriage.
Original post by Anonymous

I'm a "decent" guy (agnostic) who values commitment and marriage. It's something I would love to have someday. So yes, we do exist. :smile:
We don't usually advertise details like that. :biggrin:

We're usually the withdrawn, observant type who aren't likely engage with you immediately. It will take a couple of meetings before we are sure you are someone we can talk to sincerely.

Out of interest, why would you want to get married? What's wrong with cohabitation?
(edited 9 years ago)
The only men who should get married are those who have nothing to loose and everything to gain. The law is so heavily weighted against men that it is no wonder that marriage is going out of fashion. The number of guys i know whos wives have bled them dry, walked out,divorced them and then came back to take them to the cleaners financially..and some have left because they have been having secret affairs behind theirs husbands back.

Many women are simply control freaks. They know once they have the ring, the children and the house that they hold the whip hand and the man can hardly move without explaining himself.

My best advice to the OP is to look for a guy at least five years older than herself.
Original post by Limpopo
The only men who should get married are those who have nothing to loose and everything to gain. The law is so heavily weighted against men that it is no wonder that marriage is going out of fashion. The number of guys i know whos wives have bled them dry, walked out,divorced them and then came back to take them to the cleaners financially..and some have left because they have been having secret affairs behind theirs husbands back.

Many women are simply control freaks. They know once they have the ring, the children and the house that they hold the whip hand and the man can hardly move without explaining himself.

This.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
Often they tend to be a bit older OP, although some people in their early twenties may feel they same its not usually the case.
i hope so :frown:
I'd rather do something meaningful with my life, personally.
It depends whether you want a virgin willing to wait till marriage or not.
I know quite a few guys who want to have a committed relationship and eventually marriage. However, I don't know any non-religious people who would stay a virgin till marriage or want a partner who would abstain.

My advice is not to go looking for this in guys straight away, it will just end badly. But if you see how it goes and when the relationship has matured a bit bring it up, then you might be surprised. Potential partners may be worried about going into a relationship with such high expectations and may be afraid of committing so early.

Good luck with your search :smile:
Marriage, betting half your stuff that you are going to love someone for ever. Doesn't sound like fun to me. I quite like my money, because it is mine.
Original post by DiddyDec
Marriage, betting half your stuff that you are going to love someone for ever. Doesn't sound like fun to me. I quite like my money, because it is mine.

I love what a hopeless romantic you are:love:
Original post by miscounted_time
I love what a hopeless romantic you are:love:

I have seen what happens in divorce and it is not pretty. Also I may have trust issues.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending