The Student Room Group

Age differences in Relationships?

I know some of the younger members views on here are still a little green, when it comes to the subject of relationships and significant age differences (4 years plus, for example).

I'd like to see, what the majority of the more emotionally mature TSR'ians views are when it comes to relationships in which there is a significant age difference between the two individuals involved.

What do you believe to be too big of a difference?

Is there such a thing as too big a difference in age, when it comes to love?

Inb4 somebody starts being stupid with using the idea of a person under 16. This thread will not include the prospect of people being in a relationship with a minor. Nor any other form of boyfriend/girlfriend interaction with a minor.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I say about 25 years maximum in terms of age gap, anything above that is creepy!
Reply 2
Original post by simplylldxo
I say about 25 years maximum in terms of age gap, anything above that is creepy!

lol! id say anything more than 10 years is kinda creepy
When I'm older... I probably wouldn't go anywhere older than 10 years age difference. Me being younger though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
I'm 16. Right now i'd say 4 years.
When i'm older. It'll increase probs.
Divide your age by 2 and add 7. That is the lowest you can go. So an 18 year old can got for a 16 year old. A 22 year old can go for an 18 year old etc. etc.

(A rule I learnt off here :wink: )
Original post by Dinaa
I'm 16. Right now i'd say 4 years.
When i'm older. It'll increase probs.

Hey, I didn't know you were 16. I always thought you were much older than me xD
Reply 7
Original post by thechemistress
Hey, I didn't know you were 16. I always thought you were much older than me xD

How comes? From my pictures or my post? I think my posts make me look real dumb BUT i'm not. So SMD (to those who think that) - :lol: that was childish too.

I had a feeling you was gnna diss me :')
Reply 8
There's an 8 year difference between my partner and I (he's older - I'm 21, he's 29), I wouldn't go much older than that. For dating someone younger than me I'd cap it at maybe 3/4 years younger - it would feel odd to date someone any younger than that!
Original post by Dinaa
How comes :smile:? From my pictures or my post? I think my posts make me look real dumb -.- BUT i'm not. So smd (to those who think that) - :lol: that was childish too.

I had a feeling you was gnna diss me :')

Both really xD I don't know, I just assumed you were older :tongue: Nah, your posts don't make you look dumb :lol:
I'm 18 and I don't see much of a problem with age differences in relationships. As you get older you meet more people and maturity and compatibility become more important.

As long as it's legal, it's fine.
Reply 11
Both really xD I don't know, I just assumed you were older :tongue: Nah, your posts don't make you look dumb :lol:

Cool babs, so you like chemistry? I <3 it :')
In fact, i love all sciences. Really sad i'm not going to do Physics and Chemistry ever again :'(
It makes a difference depending on what age you are. Teens are gonna have more of a problem with age differences because of school and stuff.

I wouldn't date someone more than a year younger than me, and, at the moment, more than three/four ish years older.

25 years?! Wow, that is extreme.
what I have learned from these types of threads is that not many people go younger

not bothered at all though

brb, dying inside :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dinaa
Cool babs, so you like chemistry? I <3 it :')
In fact, i love all sciences. Really sad i'm not going to do Physics and Chemistry ever again :'(

Yeah, Chemistry is awesome :biggrin:
What, why?! If you love it, why aren't you taking it?! :O
Reply 16
Yeah, Chemistry is awesome :biggrin:
What, why?! If you love it, why aren't you taking it?! :O

Wnna be a midwife, so i chose : Bio, Psycho, Math, Health and Social care.
Original post by Dinaa
Wnna be a midwife, so i chose : Bio, Psycho, Math, Health and Social care.

Ah, right :/ Aw, that kind of sucks :/
Divide your age by 2 and add 7. That is the lowest you can go. So an 18 year old can got for a 16 year old. A 22 year old can go for an 18 year old etc. etc.

(A rule I learnt off here :wink: )

That actually works pretty well xD

So it's okay if i'm dating someone who is negative 6 years old? NOICE

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending