The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IdeasForLife

Atleast some countries have some decency.

Countries? theyre all holding the same flag.............
Why is it that there are never rocket attacks or airstrikes in the West Bank. Could it be because Hamas is not in charge there?
Original post by Chindits
Israel declares humanitarian truce

A humanitarian truce by Israel has been declared to allow for aid/food etc.

Let's hope that Hamas stop firing rockets for that period of time.

Awww how nice of you
I'm sure the families of the blown up children are very thankful for your "humanity"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GrapeLeaves
The Egyptians had proposed a ceasefire, endorsed by both the UN and the Arab League.

Seeing as Hamas has rejected both ceasefires, while Israel accepted both of them, I think its clear who we should blame more deaths on. Its already a double war crime to shoot rockets at Israeli civilians, while hiding behind Palestinian civilians.

Hamas is under no obligation to accept a ceasefire to which they see no benefit.
Hamas had no part to play in the negotiations for the ceasefire, and they made that clear.
As the initial ceasefire was a unilateral negotiation, so Hamas set its own terms for ceasefire. They were extremely reasonable, even pathetic, terms, which Israel refused to accept: http://mondoweiss.net/2014/07/report-israel-conditions.html

The blame for deaths is on those who pull the trigger only. No reasonable person would blame the past 200+ Palestinian deaths on Hamas. This is a war, and the main aggressor is Israel. If you want to decide who to blame, just count the dead bodies.
The only person who would have the gall to blame those deaths on Hamas would be the same person who would always question any Israeli involvement in crimes, notwithstanding Israel's past heavily laden with crimes and illegal activities, even its immoral and illegal origins.
Original post by ambitious6831
What exactly are Israel supposed to do? Sit there and take it?

Every time an Israeli representative asks this, the reporter always ignores them completely and diverts the discussion off track.

People ask why Israel attack Palestine when they're not evenly matched at all. Maybe because the elected Palestinian government is constantly firing missiles at them?!

It feels like the 'little guy' is always the victim.

The poor oppressor and occupier is understanding that the occupied have the right to resist under international law.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Countries? theyre all holding the same flag.............

Shoots in *Iran* *Jordan*

There ya go, its now countries.
Original post by DeemzBeamz
Awww how nice of you
I'm sure the families of the blown up children are very thankful for your "humanity"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Asinine nonsense.

The parents of the two Arab girls shredded by rocket fire yesterday in Israel and currently in intensive care, are probably angry too.
The poor oppressor and occupier is understanding that the occupied have the right to resist under international law.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nowhere in international law, is firing 1,300 rockets at civilian towns and cities recognised as being a legitimate form of warfare.

In fact, the 'palestinians' are committing war crimes which is why they're afraid of taking Israel to court (despite threatening to) because they know they'll be the first in the dock for their brutality over the decades.

In fact the 'palestinain' representative to the UNHCR has warned of taking legal measures against Israel because (and I quote) "Israel warns civilians before they strike, we don't"
Original post by james22
It doesn't matter how densely populated it is, what matters is that Hamas is firing rockets from gaza into Israel, and have ignored all requests for a ceasefire, so israel has every right to strike back.

It is idle to claim that Hamas ignored all requests for ceasefire. The only 'requests' Hamas refused to comply with were the requests that were taken for granted to happen, even though Hamas was not consulted during negotiations.
I also refuse to believe that you genuinely believe with all your heart that 'it doesn't matter how densely populated' the Gaza strip is. It actually matters immensely if Israel is so concerns as it purports to be about civilian deaths.

What you are effectively saying is that Mike Tyson (Israel in this case) is perfectly justified in punching a toddler (Hamas in this case) that has unfortunately chanced to spit in his face, Hamas having taken the latter course of action in this case as a sign of resistance. It is is something Hamas has been doing for a long, long time, ineffectively, and entirely harmlessly, so it is certainly not the reason, no matter how much Israel claims it is, for Israel's currently ongoing killing spree in Gaza. May I suggest a read: http://www.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2014/jul/09/israel-war-gaza-palestine-natural-gas-energy-crisis

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most of the Israelis they're firing at have nothing to do with the events of more than half a century ago, they're born into a country and attacked constantly for it.

They screwed up all those years ago, for sure, but you can't use something that happened so long ago in an argument today. Are the Native Americans allowed to start shooting up the US and claim it as an act of war? Until people accept that, this conflict will never end.

Probably time to stop blaming the Israelis of today for something their grandparents did.
(edited 9 years ago)
Astounding amount of utterly insensible guff that I suspect you're genuinely earnest about.

Nowhere in international law, is firing 1,300 rockets at civilian towns and cities recognised as being a legitimate form of warfare.

No? Israel seems to be an exception, though? It invariably gets away with such crimes. No wonder its conscience over the past 60 years has become as tender as a sun-burnt neck.

In fact, the 'palestinians' are committing war crimes which is why they're afraid of taking Israel to court (despite threatening to) because they know they'll be the first in the dock for their brutality over the decades.

You are putting the world Palestinian, a perfectly legitimate English word, in apostrophes to denote that no such thing exists. It very much does exist. Palestinians very much do exist, whether or not you like that, and they are being brutally killed when they are not being brutally oppressed, and you are perfectly happy with that.
Perhaps nobody has taken Israel to court because courts are the very reason Israel can get away with its crimes against humanity and illegal activities without being dismantled from the core and being heavily sanctioned, and therefore it is clear that the courts of the world are complicit with Israeli crrimes?

In fact the 'palestinain' representative to the UNHCR has warned of taking legal measures against Israel because (and I quote) "Israel warns civilians before they strike, we don't"

You are living under a delusion if you think that Israel is an angel. A delusion, unfortunately, that plenty of Israelis entertain and indulge in, and indeed a delusion which is the core reason why Israel even exists as an even remotely recognised nation state today.
Israel has blood on its hands. It cannot be helped if you choose to live under delusion and deny that.

It is astounding how Zionism represses common sense and common humanity in unfortunately all too sane human beings.
Original post by intheTSRspirit
Hamas is under no obligation to accept a ceasefire to which they see no benefit.
Hamas had no part to play in the negotiations for the ceasefire, and they made that clear.
As the initial ceasefire was a unilateral negotiation, so Hamas set its own terms for ceasefire. They were extremely reasonable, even pathetic, terms, which Israel refused to accept: http://mondoweiss.net/2014/07/report-israel-conditions.html

The blame for deaths is on those who pull the trigger only. No reasonable person would blame the past 200+ Palestinian deaths on Hamas. This is a war, and the main aggressor is Israel. If you want to decide who to blame, just count the dead bodies.
The only person who would have the gall to blame those deaths on Hamas would be the same person who would always question any Israeli involvement in crimes, notwithstanding Israel's past heavily laden with crimes and illegal activities, even its immoral and illegal origins.

Oh look, a Hamas supporter. I'll pretend not to be disgusted as much as id be at someone justifying ISIS or Al Qaeda.

1) We know Hamas is under no obligation to stop firing Iranian supplied rockets at Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, their existence is to kill Jews as written in their charter. Oh, and no obligation either to stop using the Palestinian people as HUMAN SHIELDS. A Palestinian child being killed is good headlines for them, nothing more.

2) This ceasefire was not some chit chat on twitter. It was a formal proposal endorsed by the Arab League, the U.S. and the UN.

3) A loser does not set terms. Have you watched the movie "Downfall" which is about the Soviets going into Berlin in 1945? the soviet general almost laughed when the Germans asked for a conditional ceasefire.

3) Between 2005-2007 when the PA had Gaza under their control, there was no blockade by Israel and Egypt. The blockade came because Hamas came to power and imported missiles, turning Gaza into an Iranian launching pad for rockets. What kind of country would allow a terrorist group to have free movement and smuggle more weapons in? their terms are reasonable if you hate Israel.

4) The main aggressor is not Israel when Hamas started this by firing 350 rockets at Israeli cities, 3 weeks prior to the Israel finally reacting. Hamas is an aggressor against both Israel and the Palestinians.

Israel uses weapons to defend its civilians. Hamas uses its civilians to defend its weapons.

You are living under a delusion if you think that Israel is an angel. A delusion, unfortunately, that plenty of Israelis entertain and indulge in, and indeed a delusion which is the core reason why Israel even exists as an even remotely recognised nation state today.
Israel has blood on its hands. It cannot be helped if you choose to live under delusion and deny that.

Would you like me to hunt out the video of the 'palestinain' representatives who says 'palestinians' are guilty of war crimes and that Israel warns civilians whilst Hamas don't?

I've been doing some number crunching.

The death toll is around 200 in Gaza.

Israel has conducted around 1,100 strikes from the air, land and sea.

Going by this, which is obviously from sources hostile to Israel
http://www.aaj.tv/2014/07/30-of-gazans-killed-by-israel-are-women-kids-report/

30% of casualties are civilians.

That comes out at 60 dead for 1,100 strikes.

I make that 0.05 civilian deaths per Israeli strike.

So for every strike carried out (1100) that means 0.05 civilians dead per strike.

Given that Hamas is using civilians as human shields, given that Hamas is ordering Gazans NOT to leave their homes despite Israeli warnings and given that Gaza is so densely populated - that is a STUNNINGLY accurate display of fire power.

In fact, I make that the most accurate air campaign in the history of modern warfare (Israel holds the previous record)

Of course civilian casualties are all regrettable, but in the context of Israel's diligence and accuracy - that is utterly stunning considering all the circumstances I've already mentioned.

Something to think about.
Original post by ambitious6831
Most of the Israelis they're firing at have nothing to do with the events of more than half a century ago, they're born into a country and attacked constantly for it.

They screwed up all those years ago, for sure, but you can't use something that happened so long ago in an argument today. Are the Native Americans allowed to start shooting up the US and claim it as an act of war? Until people accept that, this conflict will never end.

Probably time to stop blaming the Israelis of today for something their grandparents did.

The majority of today's Israelis would do what their grandparents did again today. What do you think is going on in Palestine/Israel at the moment? There is an occupation, and there is a massacre. The vast majority of Israelis are happy with their government killing their Palestinian neighbours. The vast majority of Israelis do not even recognise the existence of Palestinians or Palestine, nor do they recognise that Palestine even ever once existed, nor do they recognise that the homes they are currently living in were built by the hands of not their grandparents but the grandparents of Palestinians who are now displaced all over the world, or even long dead at the hands of their lovely, caring government. The vast majority of Israelis deny the Nakba ever happened; and who can blame them when that it what is drilled into their heads from day 1 of Israeli education? The overwhelming majority of Israelis today are certainly not innocent, and I reiterate, would do today what their grandparents did with the help of colonial Britain and newly emerging imperialist America back in the mid-20th century, if only they were unchecked by the savvy populace of the world.

That is an extremely simplistic argument, and cheapens the 20th century struggle of Palestinians, as it undermines today's Palestinian struggle.
That is exactly what the Zionists wish for: for Zionist crimes, and the Israeli state's origin, to be forgiven and forgot. Obviously as it isn't, they are resorting to other means of erasing all signs of their dark past. That includes brainwashing Israeli children. Like Lia Tarachansky very rightly said, what Israel did will be done to Israel, as what goes around comes around. Israel/Zionists hope fervently that all with forgiven and forgot. No, it will not.
Shoots in *Iran* *Jordan*

There ya go, its now countries.

Iran? hahaha. I know civilized people like the UN, EU countries, U.S. and many others voiced Israel's right to defend itself, but no you got it, I really wanted to give a crap what a country like Iran (or Syria and Venezuela) thinks.
Would you like me to hunt out the video of the 'palestinain' representatives who says 'palestinians' are guilty of war crimes and that Israel warns civilians whilst Hamas don't?

I've been doing some number crunching.

The death toll is around 200 in Gaza.

Israel has conducted around 1,100 strikes from the air, land and sea.

Going by this, which is obviously from sources hostile to Israel
http://www.aaj.tv/2014/07/30-of-gazans-killed-by-israel-are-women-kids-report/

30% of casualties are civilians.

That comes out at 60 dead for 1,100 strikes.

I make that 0.05 civilian deaths per Israeli strike.

So for every strike carried out (1100) that means 0.05 civilians dead per strike.

Given that Hamas is using civilians as human shields, given that Hamas is ordering Gazans NOT to leave their homes despite Israeli warnings and given that Gaza is so densely populated - that is a STUNNINGLY accurate display of fire power.

In fact, I make that the most accurate air campaign in the history of modern warfare (Israel holds the previous record)

Of course civilian casualties are all regrettable, but in the context of Israel's diligence and accuracy - that is utterly stunning considering all the circumstances I've already mentioned.

Something to think about.

Israel has no conceivable right to order civilians out of their homes. Israel has as much right to evacuate homes as Zionists did back in 1948. Like HRW said, just because Israel is ordering civilians out of their homes does not legitimise or legalise Israel's bloody rampage in Gaza.
Hamas is the only Palestinian resistance. Hamas rules Gaza. Hamas is in a position to urge Palestinians to stay in their own homes, and Hamas is right, as Israel, as I have already said, has no right in the world to order Palestinians out of their homes.

I would prefer to use a more reliable source than some random website off the Internet on whose anti-Zionism I should have to take your word. If you'd done your number crunching right, you would know that HRW has made it clear that the civilian casualties are well over 70%.
Even were they 30% that would not be any cause to condemn Israeli any less. Israel has no right to kill any single civilian. Zionist cronies think they're being very liberal when they allow that civilian casualties are regrettable. Not only are they regrettable, they are also unacceptable, and are the reason why Hamas exists and continues to fight.

If you don't mind, I will not reply to any of your incoming posts if you continue to be devotedly and frankly disgustingly biased to Israeli murder by calling Israeli strikes 'stunningly accurate'. If Israeli strikes were stunningly accurate as you hail them, I would have no case.
Iran? hahaha. I know civilized people like the UN, EU countries, U.S. and many others voiced Israel's right to defend itself, but no you got it, I really wanted to give a crap what a country like Iran (or Syria and Venezuela) thinks.

All them names? Hahaha. Civilized? Think the US being in the list says enough.
Hey please stop quoting me btw, I dislike talking to terrorist sympathizers :smile:
Ciao
T
The vast majority of Israelis do not even recognise the existence of Palestinians or Palestine,

Neither does the rest of the world.
All them names? Hahaha. Civilized? Think the US being in the list says enough.
Hey please stop quoting me btw, I dislike talking to terrorist sympathizers :smile:
Ciao

OK. Enjoy your summer in Tehran.
The vast majority of Israelis do not even recognise the existence of Palestinians or Palestine

Walid Shoebat, a former PLO terrorist:

“Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian?”
“We did not particularly mind Jordanian rule. The teaching of the destruction of Israel was a definite part of the curriculum, but we considered ourselves Jordanian until the Jews returned to Jerusalem. Then all of the sudden we were Palestinians - they removed the star from the Jordanian flag and all at once we had a Palestinian flag”.
“When I finally realized the lies and myths I was taught, it is my duty as a righteous person to speak out”.

Latest

Trending

Trending