The Student Room Group

C4: how difficult is vectors??

Students say it is very difficult :frown:
Did you find it difficult?
And is A2 maths so much more difficult than AS maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's subjective- how did you find AS level?
I liked vectors but some questions can be quite tricky you just have to do a lot of practice. I found A2 to be a lot harder than AS, almost as big as the jump from gcse to as. It may be different for others though depending on how good you are at maths :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by MathMeister
It's subjective- how did you find AS level?

I still haven't finished AS completely ( I am a private candidate studying on my own for A level maths )
But I find it fine till now
I have finished studying M1 and I struggled with vectors , now I am scared of A2 vectors because it is going to be much harder compared to M1 vector ( from what students say)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fatemah4
I still haven't finished AS completely ( I am a private candidate studying on my own for A level maths )
But I find it fine till now
I have finished studying M1 and I struggled with vectors , now I am scared of A2 vectors because it is going to be much harder compared to M1 vector ( from what students say)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't understand why vectors seem to trouble many people. Is it harder than what you find on examsolutions? It surely must be.
Don't worry I couldn't do vectors at all from Mechanics 1 and still got 95 in year 12, In c4 it depends on the questions you get. some questions were basically free marks if you understood the concepts, others I couldn't even attempt...
Original post by Fatemah4
Students say it is very difficult :frown:
Did you find it difficult?
And is A2 maths so much more difficult than AS maths?

tbh vectors is the chapter and the question that I like best

As the exams improve and more questions are requiring thinking skills the vectors questions stand out less
It's pretty much just logic. It means that under exam pressure, people overthink and tend to miss out on the simpler stuff. They aren't that hard at all if you get a good amount of practice (And not like me who learnt them the day before).
I'm probably doing a different exam board than you, but it's pretty straightforward. Our class did struggle to initially get to grips with it because one of our teachers over complicated it. But once you get into the questions you find they're fairly repetitive and predictable. You can learn it. Most important thing with maths is to have confidence in yourself - so keep practicing with your exercises and it'll end up just coming naturally :smile:
Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest