The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Horny Cabbage
Would you date a girl who was 6 foot 3 ? Same applies to men being shallow. I would never think about dating a girl noticeably taller than me, same as women rarely date guys smaller, yes it's shallow but it's how it is unfortunately for short guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

My first GF was taller than me, didn't really gave it much thought.
Original post by xoflower
haha thats cool :smile: and I'm Yoruba and I'm guessing your Igbo lol since you spelt Hausa wrong

Wow.. Yeah, my spelling needs work xD
But yep, I'm Igbo :tongue:
Original post by daisychain_
Really? I thought that being Asian was actually a preference for some girls

Mostly only other Asians, very rarely a preference for girls of other races :tongue:

Original post by BarBaBaBaBarBaBaBa
21 "bitches" said they'd date him, including me, and I'm a tall girl. So no not all of us are.

Original post by kate113855
Bitches aren't shallow. I wouldn't date a 5ft 3" guy because I'm not attracted to short guys, and wouldn't feel comfortable since I'm 5ft 10". Would you date a 6ft 5" girl? If not, you're shallow by your own logic.

I like smaller girls but not really bothered about height. So if she has all the other qualities that I like in a girl then why not? :tongue:
Original post by Changing Skies

would you date a midget?
Original post by TheGuyReturns
This seems to be coming up a lot. OP's question was if you would DATE a 5'3 guy, not whether or not you could LIKE a 5'3 guy. In race threads it was clear guys had no problem dating black girls, some guys simply said that they don't usually LIKE black girls, but if the attraction was there, then of course they would. Here, there are girls just throwing out other, shallow reasons they wouldn't DATE a 5'3 guy. Of course there will be girls who outright would not feel any attraction to any 5'3 guy, that's obviously fine... but by the way the answers are worded here, a number of girls here wouldn't date a 5'3 guy just because he was 5'3, regardless of attraction. So yeah, it's shallow.

I've seen plenty of posts on social media where some girls say something along the lines of "This guy was sooo hot, but he was short :thumbdown:".

Also, I question how many people here actually know how to use a tape measure, a disproportionate number of girls are saying they are above 5'4.5...

I agree, I don't think people know their height. I got measured by a doctor and I am definitely 5ft7.

''In race threads it was clear guys had no problem dating black girls, some guys simply said that they don't usually LIKE black girls, but if the attraction was there, then of course they would.''
I'm sorry but WHAT? Clearly you haven't seem them. These threads bash our features and claim we all wear weaves (which is ridiculous since all women artificially alter their looks).
Also, the majority of guys said they don't like black girls and would never date one. I even once asked if they would rather date an average white girl or a pretty black and they chose white.
Also these threads are 10x more common than short guy threads. Also, on short guy threads people stick up to the short men. On black girl threads its usually pure bashing.
Wouldn't bother me, so yeah. I'm only about 5'2 myself :P
Original post by signyourname
would you date a midget?

What counts as a midget? :lol:
Original post by WelshBluebird
Out of curiosity to those saying no, would you seriously turn someone down if everything else was perfect?
As a short guy I always thought I'd hate being with a girl taller than me. Guess what, my ex was taller than me.

Probably not tbh I would get over it.I wouldn't even care if he was a bit shorter than me but 5"3 would make me feel like a freakish giant. Who knows though, I'd still love my partner if he was small so I'd get over it.
Original post by Maker
My first GF was taller than me, didn't really gave it much thought.

really ?? surely that's the first thing you noticed is that she was taller than you ? it's cool that you were fine with it, but still most guys would find it a problem, as they wouldn't feel like the protector of their girl walking the streets if they were smaller than the girl they were with if you know what I mean, silly but it's how most guys including myself would think.
Original post by TSA
Is it also wrong to not date someone because you don't find them physically attractive. Yes personality has a part to play but as does physical attraction.

but the point is like if a guy turned down a girl because she was slightly overweight **** would hit the fan but girls can do the same based on a mans height and it's fine.

You can control some things not others so the double standards are ridiculous
Original post by danni182
but the point is like if a guy turned down a girl because she was slightly overweight **** would hit the fan but girls can do the same based on a mans height and it's fine.

You can control some things not others so the double standards are ridiculous

I'm pretty sure most girls wouldn't mind if there was a slight height difference. My girlfriend is slightly taller than me.
Reply 151
I'm 5'7" so most likely no. Even if they have attractive features/nice personality. Simply because it'll look and feel strange.
I wouldn't. I'm 5ft 6" and always wear some sort of heel, so I'd end up feeling like I was towering above him... Plus I can't really help finding taller guys attractive :erm:
Original post by Harrie Lyons
because below 5'6 and you no longer look like a boy in the first place. sad but true. hurtful truth hurts.

This is a retarded comment. What the hell are you on?
Original post by Bulbasaur
This is a retarded comment. What the hell are you on?

are you below 5'8?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 156
Original post by Horny Cabbage
really ?? surely that's the first thing you noticed is that she was taller than you ? it's cool that you were fine with it, but still most guys would find it a problem, as they wouldn't feel like the protector of their girl walking the streets if they were smaller than the girl they were with if you know what I mean, silly but it's how most guys including myself would think.

I find this protection thing to be complete nonsense.

If a guy is say 5' 3" he would be capable of protecting his girl who is 5' 1" but not if she is 5' 6"? That just makes no sense. If a girl really needs protection, she needs a body guard, not a taller bf or be less paranoid.

Anyway, I'm quite a fit person so I can protect a gf of any height.

I think its really about status. A taller man is considered superior to a shorter one so a girl with a taller man is seen as being with a better man and increase her status just as a man with an attractive woman would increase his status.
Original post by snailsareslimy
I wouldn't. I'm 5ft 6" and always wear some sort of heel, so I'd end up feeling like I was towering above him... Plus I can't really help finding taller guys attractive :erm:

You could always you know err not wear heels...:confused:
Original post by TSA
You could always you know err not wear heels...:confused:

Even then I'd still be taller and although I've gone out with a shorter guy before, it doesn't do it for me anymore.
I'm quite sure there are lots of girls who are shorter than you out there. Some of them are much prettier than taller girls.

Just ignore taller girls, dude. They can be just your sweet dreams.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending