The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryJellyfish
I've seen it. :yes: I thought it was one of the best series of its year overall, though it doesn't end very well - the manga is still ongoing, though I hear it's due to end soon, so I'm hoping they'll adapt it to give the anime a sequel and proper closure eventually. :smile:

ooo in that case i think i might actually go for it. It's a short series as well which is helpful. I don't mind going onto the manga once i;ve finished with it, sometimes i do that anyway.

I'm wondering how many people here have watched NHK, i cant remember the full name tho but it's basically about a guy who's too scared to leave his flat because of anxiety and how a girl helps him to get over it. It was enjoyably depressing at times.
Original post by Scienceisgood
Guys, i need to ask, the new season of Black Butler (Book of circus) that aired last week, is it set before or after the events of Season 2?

It's set immediately after the curry contest arc part way through Series 1. The rest of Series 1 and all of the second series is anime-original material, so in Book of Circus they're pretending none of that ever happened and continuing with the manga plot.

[EDIT] It's worth noting that the first episode of Book of Circus is also anime-orignal, however, and just serves to re-introduce the characters since it's been a few years.

Original post by brownsugar-xx
ooo in that case i think i might actually go for it. It's a short series as well which is helpful. I don't mind going onto the manga once i;ve finished with it, sometimes i do that anyway.

I'm wondering how many people here have watched NHK, i cant remember the full name tho but it's basically about a guy who's too scared to leave his flat because of anxiety and how a girl helps him to get over it. It was enjoyably depressing at times.

That'd be Welcome to the NHK - again, I've seen it at the very least. :p: It's actually one of my favourite series ever. :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)

That'd be Welcome to the NHK - again, I've seen it at the very least. :p: It's actually one of my favourite series ever. :biggrin:

Yep, that's it! I only just watched it a few weeks ago as well and i'm forgetting already :laugh: That's cool, i still listen to that depressing/melancholy-ish song that was played throughout it and it's just so beautiful ;_; actually that's reminded me to read the manga! I've read that it's different in a few aspects to the anime so that should keep it interesting. So many things to watch and read :frown:
Heeeey. I'm new here, be gentle. And I don't appear to be into the same genres as everyone else who's posted on this page of the thread, at least.

Oh dear.

I've just finished freaking out over the latest episode of Free! Eternal Summer....
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
Heeeey. I'm new here, be gentle. And I don't appear to be into the same genres as everyone else who's posted on this page of the thread, at least.

Oh dear.

I've just finished freaking out over the latest episode of Free! Eternal Summer....

Welcome to the society! :smile: What genres are you interested in, out of curiosity? There's not much I don't watch, to be honest. :p:

I've also picked up Free! Eternal Summer, but since it's been a busy week I've only seen the first episode so far. I'm hoping to catch up with that and some of the season's other offerings tonight. :biggrin:
Welcome to the society! :smile: What genres are you interested in, out of curiosity? There's not much I don't watch, to be honest. :p:

I've also picked up Free! Eternal Summer, but since it's been a busy week I've only seen the first episode so far. I'm hoping to catch up with that and some of the season's other offerings tonight. :biggrin:

I tend to stick towards shoujo. (Shojo? Spelling is hard, haha) Stuff that's aimed specifically to girls, I guess. I haven't watched a huge number of series even though I started watching anime like... 6 years ago, maybe? I tend to get really intense about one or two series and watch all the episodes ASAP or just follow one to completion and then not watch much more for a couple of months. The stuff I have seen is a liiiittle all over the place but the majority seems to go down the aimed-to-girls or magical girl sort of route. I'll probably make a list on myanimelist at some point, haha.

I mean, I watched SAO, though. And that's fantastic. But I damn near threw up at having to watch Attack on Titan at the anime society at uni. I mean we only watched a couple of episodes and some of an abridged series but just... ugh. Something about it made me feel really ill. (I have major squick about characters in any medium being eaten or whatever, so that was a big issue).

Also you win life for watching Free *nodnod*. Third episode came out today and woahmygod.
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
I tend to stick towards shoujo. (Shojo? Spelling is hard, haha) Stuff that's aimed specifically to girls, I guess. I haven't watched a huge number of series even though I started watching anime like... 6 years ago, maybe? I tend to get really intense about one or two series and watch all the episodes ASAP or just follow one to completion and then not watch much more for a couple of months. The stuff I have seen is a liiiittle all over the place but the majority seems to go down the aimed-to-girls or magical girl sort of route. I'll probably make a list on myanimelist at some point, haha.

I mean, I watched SAO, though. And that's fantastic.

I like mahou shoujo styles ^#^ obviously sailor moon xD and I'm planning to watch madoka magica :3

My boyfriend thinks it's essential that I watch SAO xD
Original post by Furandesu
I like mahou shoujo styles ^#^ obviously sailor moon xD and I'm planning to watch madoka magica :3

My boyfriend thinks it's essential that I watch SAO xD

SAO is fantastic. It really is. I would highly, highly recommend it. :smile:

I've had Madoka Magica recommended to me, but I don't know if I'll get around to watching it or not tbh.
Zankyou no terror looks promising. I was waiting for one of the characters to be called eleven :teehee:
Original post by brownsugar-xx
I've tried watching FMA but like you said the start is kinda slow so i ended up leaving it. I need to get motivated to watch it because i'm sure i'll like it.

Black Lagoon is one of my favourite animes :sogood: i love it! Speaking of which does anyone know any anime similar to Black Lagoon? I watched Jormungand recently which is similar and it's a brilliant anime, so sad there's no more :frown:

I'm currently in the middle of watching the Rebirth of Evangelion but i get so lazy. I'm on the 2nd movie.

Anyone still keeping up with Naruto manga?

The start is the most off putting part. The story/characters aren't great (yet) but it is needed :frown: if you can get to the 15/20 episode mark it gets a lot better.
Original post by Tai Ga
Zankyou no terror looks promising. I was waiting for one of the characters to be called eleven :teehee:
Is this another one of them yaoi series you love so much? :afraid:

:tongue:
Original post by Keoje

Nah it's the Shinichiro Watanabe / Yoko Kanno collaboration with the phenomenal budget and interesting take on terrorism. Most hyped show of the season and off to an impressive start!

There is a lot of gay this season though.......I'm having a lot of fun :biggrin:
So, Anime-Planet's new look just rolled out. Thoughts, from those who use it?

Personally, I'm struggling with the fact that the graphs are now vertical. :zomg: And it's a bit blindingly white. It'll certainly take some getting used to... it seems faster, though. :yes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Keoje

No :wink: But there's lots of fujoshi material out right now, so I'm pretty satisfied :colone:

Have you taken up any new series this season?
Original post by caraniel
Nah it's the Shinichiro Watanabe / Yoko Kanno collaboration with the phenomenal budget and interesting take on terrorism. Most hyped show of the season and off to an impressive start!

There is a lot of gay this season though.......I'm having a lot of fun :biggrin:

Cowboy Bebop :teeth: I'll have to give it a try then. My first steps :colondollar:

Reason why I said yaoi is because Tai Gai has mentioned questionable things before :mmm:

Original post by Tai Ga
No :wink: But there's lots of fujoshi material out right now, so I'm pretty satisfied :colone:

Have you taken up any new series this season?

I don't wanna know what fujoshi material means :indiff:

SAO2 so far. I've yet to go back to my old habits...

Personally, I'm struggling with the fact that the graphs are now vertical. :zomg: And it's a bit blindingly white. It'll certainly take some getting used to... it seems faster, though. :yes:

Looks quite nice and gives the whole site a new fresh look to it. I prefer this over the old one :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)

I think it looks really cool. A lot more professional looking :biggrin:.
Reply 7096
Original post by Dilzo999
I think it looks really cool. A lot more professional looking :biggrin:.

Its a good look, though the old signature with the pic isnt there. :frown: Oh well I guess the header pic serves the same purpose. I think the main site page could do with just a bit more of personalisation to make the site stand out a bit.:beard: They used to have that long pic based on your theme.
Original post by vin
Its a good look, though the old signature with the pic isnt there. :frown: Oh well I guess the header pic serves the same purpose. I think the main site page could do with just a bit more of personalisation to make the site stand out a bit.:beard: They used to have that long pic based on your theme.

I've read in the forum notes about the new look that they're not planning on introducing series/character themes any more. :frown: Though they are planning to let users change colour settings eventually, which is better than nothing I guess.
I've read in the forum notes about the new look that they're not planning on introducing series/character themes any more. :frown: Though they are planning to let users change colour settings eventually, which is better than nothing I guess.

Holy crap, what have they done to AP? Its disgusting :lol: It looks like a bunch of ten year old anime fans got together and made a website. In all honesty i've been annoyed at maintaining two lists (AP and MAL) so I think i'll switch solely to MAL for good now. Even more so considering the forums are active.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Holy crap, what have they done to AP? Its disgusting :lol: It looks like a bunch of ten year old anime fans got together and made a website. In all honesty i've been annoyed at maintaining two lists (AP and MAL) so I think i'll switch solely to MAL for good now. Even more so considering the forums are active.

I think that my main complaint would be that it doesn't look all that different from any other site anymore, the header and avatar placement in particular just scream Facebook. Plus the anime entries themselves are now using the same 'official' images as sites like MAL and AniDB, when they always used to use member-submitted screenshots for the main images (TBH they probably weren't getting enough for the new shows, I've not submitted any screenshots since at least 2011). It's lost some of its originality. :frown:

I won't be leaving though. I'm not overly keen on the looks of any of the rival sites either, and chances are I'll get used to the changes soon (especially once the promised extras/improvements materialize). Plus, I am not copying 1,500 entries to another site manually. :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending