The Student Room Group

The Secret Life of Students on Channel 4

Scroll to see replies

How do you know? Anywhere we can follow her on twitter or anything I really want to know if they make it through the whole degree
That physics kid, I forget his name... his dad was amazing. Just like Jay's dad off the Inbetweeners. They even looked the same lol
I've just got back from holiday, is this still going?
i can finally join this conversation- i watched the first two episodes... waiting for the third- i actually like it. is this an accurate representation of what freshers/uni will be like? can't believe some of them actually managed to get into uni tbh *ahem* aiden.
Original post by moonriver96
i can finally join this conversation- i watched the first two episodes... waiting for the third- i actually like it. is this an accurate representation of what freshers/uni will be like? can't believe some of them actually managed to get into uni tbh *ahem* aiden.

I don't think its that accurate tbh as it does seem a little staged but other than that it does give a nice insight to student life and is very addicting to watch to my own surprise :ahee:
Original post by maryamzahid
I don't think its that accurate tbh as it does seem a little staged but other than that it does give a nice insight to student life and is very addicting to watch to my own surprise :ahee:

hmm but i doubt the part where aiden and possibly josie get chlamidyia is staged haha! and i agree it is addicting to watch- especially as i'll be heading to uni myself come september. It's a very nice insight indeed :smile:
can't believe some of them actually managed to get into uni tbh *ahem* aiden.

I know right? :rolleyes: He did some pretty soft A-Level subjects though and he's doing Business though so yeah, explains quite a bit...

As other have said though the show is made to show the uni party life which is why they decide to choose the more 'wild' ones, along with that Lauren girl who was antisocial to even it out.
Original post by yellowcopter
I know right? :rolleyes: He did some pretty soft A-Level subjects though and he's doing Business though so yeah, explains quite a bit...

As other have said though the show is made to show the uni party life which is why they decide to choose the more 'wild' ones, along with that Lauren girl who was antisocial to even it out.

yeah didn't he do a drinking game with raw fish or something? what?! and aww i felt pretty sorry for lauren missing out on everything, especially how daniel sort of ditched her in the end.. she's a bit of an odd case really i mean, i think she over reacted a bit to that nazi picture
Does anyone know what aspect of uni life they'll focus on tonight?
Just watching episode one, Aiden seems a bit of a douche but please can I have his body?
Original post by Kenan and Kel
:rofl:

Just checked it out, pretty sure it's all staged.

I guarantee you that it isn't. I actually know Aiden personally and he is exactly like that. Plus as a friend of his on Facebook, all the stuff I've seen on the show so far was posted throughout the year.
Original post by Lollyx9
Hi, I am a participant in the show, I won't say which one in case you hate me when you watch my story! Lol

The show is a 4 part series airing every Thursday at 10pm.
Each week concentrates on different students experiences at university throughout the first semester. The first episode was freshers week (or fortnight at leicester) and the last episode finishes with January exams.
The contributors were picked for the show before anyone had confirmed their choice of accommodation. The students chose either catered or self catered and the students were split into two flats. 6 in one and 5 in the other. (One student lived at home). As a tv show they picked students who could bring something to the show but were from different backgrounds, different interests and different social standings (the show is about social media and university after all). Everything on the show is real, however a few students may have acted up to the camera abit (towie, Geordie shore influences I'm afraid) or because of embarrassment may have shown bravado! but nothing was actively encouraged (or discouraged) by the production crew.
There are probably two students who were more introvert while the rest were more extrovert. Had the students gone into halls by random selection 'Lauren' may have had someone who was more introvert like herself to pal with instead of being with 4 extreme extroverts, and 'Josie' may have been with slightly calmer girls who could have calmed her down rather then egg her on. The same with the other students you'll meet later on.
Stick with the series, there are students in the show who are more 'mainstream' but they probably picked the three extreme characters to give the shock factor and get ratings. (Again although we are real students, it is an edited tv show!) each student was filmed from early sept until mid march but we each only have around 15 mins worth of air time, so please bare this in mind!

P.s enjoy and please be nice on twitter and Facebook! :smile:

That's so cool! What was it like having the cameras following you around?!
Interesting article from the leicester Mercury on how one of the participants (Josie), didn't feel like they represented her life very fairly
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Armadillo
Interesting article from the tab on how one of the participants (Josie), didn't feel like they represented her life very fairly

This was bound to happen on a reality show though. They only show the bits people would be interested in seeing; we don't want to see scenes of her studying!
Original post by commandant
That physics kid, I forget his name... his dad was amazing. Just like Jay's dad off the Inbetweeners. They even looked the same lol

I thought the same myself

the dad is such a legend and then he pretended he didnt sent that condom text in front of his wife!:biggrin:

found my idol anyways

the physics guy is by far the coolest so far

looking forward to the next epsiode..
Just watched the first episode and as I expected, it was boring as ****.

Uni w@nks
Probably the worst thing I've watched on channel 4 in ages. Its just so cringe and boring. The way they do the texts is so made in chelsea / teen mom / only way is Essex esque it is embarrassing.
That Lauren girl was so annoying I laughed when she started crying, she just made me cringe in general

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah didn't he do a drinking game with raw fish or something? what?! and aww i felt pretty sorry for lauren missing out on everything, especially how daniel sort of ditched her in the end.. she's a bit of an odd case really i mean, i think she over reacted a bit to that nazi picture

Yeah those dumb 'neknominatie' things people have been doing.

I felt sorry for her but I agree Lauren is a bit too sensitive, but this show is trying to portray her as a weirdo when the reality is there are many, many people like her at uni who aren't sociable and actually come to study.
I kinda feel like this show is bias towards the extreme student "types"... The producers seem to have forgotten about the vast majority of students who don't have crazy habits or drink insane amounts or have low self esteem. Not that it isn't funny, it is hilarious, but the title suggests that it'll be about the general student body, not just the extreme measures that we hear about in the news/read in the newspaper... Anyone agree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending