The Student Room Group

Guys: Would you ever approach a pretty girl who wears a hijab?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cobalion955
I completely agree. Personally that's how I went about it. I thought it would never happen, but then it did. Personally I feel that when the right woman come's into a man's life, that is the moment when his life becomes complete.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck mate. :'D
Original post by Biryani007
Ohman, well you were really young..in college right?
The less you talk about her the quicker you'll get over her properly :redface:

yeah in year 13. the thing is.. i wunna get over her but don't at the same time so yeah.. its a bit weird. i guess when i start uni and life gets busy i'll be fully over her.
Original post by Anonymous
heard ur a road man

Road man/ Nerd / MMA fighter / Medical student (in a few months) / Muslim
Ahsim
x

Yes :sexface:
Original post by FatmanO
feet**
the thing is, looking for a guy will never be my main priority. I see life beyond getting married; so to your question, no. When the time is right, I will find a guy that is like me, strangely religious yet liberal and can make me uncontrollably laugh ect this person cannot be found by asking "mama" and "baba" to see if "walaad" so and so is suitable.

Girl, I agree with you 110% esp the laughing bit and religious&liberal bit.

The perfect guy is unlikely to be found by the parents. Seriously, we should all just live life to the fullest, get our degrees and when the time is right, we'll meet the right person. I never understood girls whose main goal is to find a man. Although a good husband is very important, we don't know when our time to leave the earth will be so we might aswell please our creator and have fun at the same time :biggrin:
yeah in year 13. the thing is.. i wunna get over her but don't at the same time so yeah.. its a bit weird. i guess when i start uni and life gets busy i'll be fully over her.

Yep :smile:
omg how the hell did i misspell feet :frown:. ramadhan is getting to me lol.

fair enough, so basically.. you want to live life a bit before getting married. would it not bother you if you're 30+ and you're not married? would you then actively seek a husband? I mean..i know some ppl say 'oh i dont need a man' but i don't think they literally mean it.

Go and have something for suhoor :tongue:
I see where your coming from, if people younger than me started getting married I guess I would start getting a wee bit concerned, however I would prefer the right man as opposed to some random man my parents pick out for me, if you see what I mean. Im arab, ive been to tones of arab weddings, 99% of the time the bride and groom have this obnoxious poker face on, everything seems stage, the bride hanging softly on the grooms arm. when I get married InshaAllah, I want my husband and I unable to tear our eyes from one other, like we've truly found our other half.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Secretnerd123
Girl, I agree with you 110% esp the laughing bit and religious&liberal bit.

The perfect guy is unlikely to be found by the parents. Seriously, we should all just live life to the fullest, get our degrees and when the time is right, we'll meet the right person. I never understood girls whose main goal is to find a man. Although a good husband is very important, we don't know when our time to leave the earth will be so we might aswell please our creator and have fun at the same time :biggrin:

very few people get me :biggrin:, you do :tongue: .
Original post by FatmanO
very few people get me :biggrin:, you do :tongue: .

I agree with you too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree with you too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

*eyes water* I thought it was just me
Original post by FatmanO
I see where your coming from, if people younger than me started getting married I guess I would start getting a wee bit concerned, however I would prefer the right man as opposed to some random man my parents pick out for me, if you see what I mean. Im arab, ive been to tones of arab weddings, 99% of the time the bride and groom have this obnoxious poker face on, everything seems stage, the bride hanging softly on the grooms arm. when I get married InshaAllah, I want my husband and I unable to tear our eyes from one other, like we've truly found our other half.

Are a lot of Arab marriages arranged? I thought thats just within my culture.. (what country are you from if you don't mind me asking?)

And the last part of your paragraph was rather beautiful, nearly brought a tear to my eye :smile:
Original post by FatmanO

The girl I'm considering marrying is Arab. I really want to get to know the culture better. It's sad that they look unhappy on their wedding. I don't want my wife to be. That's what I feel, I don't want to tear my eyes from her and I hope she doesn't with with me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HaQ_mAn_
Road man/ Nerd / MMA fighter / Medical student (in a few months) / Muslim

Oh swear down G? yeah im a Road Man/ top shotta/ Physics student (in a few months)/ Muslim gangsta.
Are a lot of Arab marriages arranged? I thought thats just within my culture.. (what country are you from if you don't mind me asking?)

And the last part of your paragraph was rather beautiful, nearly brought a tear to my eye :smile:

not always arranged, but they don't appear genuine. Yemeni/msri.
The girl I'm considering marrying is Arab. I really want to get to know the culture better. It's sad that they look unhappy on their wedding. I don't want my wife to be. That's what I feel, I don't want to tear my eyes from her and I hope she doesn't with with me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

so sweet subanAllah :tongue:. not always unhappy just solemn. where's she from, maybe I can help culturewise.
Original post by FatmanO
not always arranged, but they don't appear genuine. Yemeni/msri.

Ohh I see, like they got married for the sake of it and its not 'true love'?
Original post by FatmanO
so sweet subanAllah :tongue:. not always unhappy just solemn. where's she from, maybe I can help culturewise.

Thank you. She's from France, but originally Algeria.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohh I see, like they got married for the sake of it and its not 'true love'?

yeah, and you hear the stories like I remember being at a wedding where my mum told me that the groom met his bride when his sister (whom is a friend of the brides mother) left the brides house after a gathering only come to come back to retrieve her forgotten phone and found the bride cleaning, helping her mother. She recommended her brother to her and within 5 months they were married. I just don't wanna be like that, you know.
Thank you. She's from France, but originally Algeria.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go to country, experience the culture. arab/Asian cultures are not that different but if u truly love her you'll be fine.
Original post by FatmanO
yeah, and you hear the stories like I remember being at a wedding where my mum told me that the groom met his bride when his sister (whom is a friend of the brides mother) left the brides house after a gathering only come to come back to retrieve her forgotten phone and found the bride cleaning, helping her mother. She recommended her brother to her and within 5 months they were married. I just don't wanna be like that, you know.

yeah i get that, u wunna find someone urself and not settle down for the sake of it. im kinda the same but if my mum recommends a girl to me then i won't just discard it, my mum knows her stuff when it comes to girls.

Quick Reply

Latest