The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Ask me questions - 2nd Year Student

Hey Guys,

Last year when I finished my 1st year at Brunel I decided to create on of these threads for you guys to ask me questions. Thread

I have now completed my 2nd year at Brunel and so I've decided to start a new thread, so if any of you have questions about the uni then feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer them all :smile:

Note: Ask appropriate and relevant questions. No silly questions please.
Reply 1
What are societies like at Brunel? How often do you meet?
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, does Brunel have many mature undergraduate students? Also are their many in halls??
Reply 3
Original post by Mav455
What are societies like at Brunel? How often do you meet?

Each society is different therefore I can't really say how often you'd meet. Generally at a minimum there will be one meeting a week, with sports clubs obviously there may be more. Overall the societies are all really good and there are opportunities for you to create a new society if you see space to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Sunny_321
Hi, does Brunel have many mature undergraduate students? Also are their many in halls??

Yes there are quiet a few mature undergraduates, in my course we have around 10 out of 150 which doesn't sound like a lot but there are mature students who are also around the uni (doing post grads)

Please could you refine your question on halls as I don't quiet understand what you mean

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Bubble_10
Hey Guys,

Last year when I finished my 1st year at Brunel I decided to create on of these threads for you guys to ask me questions. Thread

I have now completed my 2nd year at Brunel and so I've decided to start a new thread, so if any of you have questions about the uni then feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer them all :smile:

Note: Ask appropriate and relevant questions. No silly questions please.
Is Brunel diverse in terms of the student population? Also, how is teaching at the uni?
Reply 6
Original post by Bubble_10
Yes there are quiet a few mature undergraduates, in my course we have around 10 out of 150 which doesn't sound like a lot but there are mature students who are also around the uni (doing post grads)

Please could you refine your question on halls as I don't quiet understand what you mean

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi
Reply 7
Hi

Hi sorry,

What I meant was are their many mature students living with younger students in halls, or do they tend to be separated. I'm 23 years old by the way!
Reply 8
Hi :smile: Thanks for doing this. I am starting at Brunel in Sept. I am doing Psych. Which halls are best for undergrads? Is Uxbridge a nice area to be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Mav455
Is Brunel diverse in terms of the student population? Also, how is teaching at the uni?

I personally believe brunel is very diverse. There are many societies for different cultures and religions which is really good. Teaching is pretty good, each school differs so I can't speak for all but for my school (sport and education) it is pretty decent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hi sorry,

What I meant was are their many mature students living with younger students in halls, or do they tend to be separated. I'm 23 years old by the way!

If you are doing an undergraduate you are likely to be put within the freshers accommodation which means you'll be in flats with students as young as 18. You could apply for the other halls which has older students but it's not likely that you'll get those because they are given to 3rd years and above students

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by bokkie96
Hi :smile: Thanks for doing this. I am starting at Brunel in Sept. I am doing Psych. Which halls are best for undergrads? Is Uxbridge a nice area to be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, no problem. It depends on whether you want an en-suite or not. During my 1st year I lived in the bishops complex which I absolutely loved (en-suite rooms). Uxbridge is a quiet area and pretty nice compared to other parts of London.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending