The Student Room Group

are pretty girls that great doe?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonuser999
Average ppl r pretty ugly tho...

Posted from TSR Mobile

No dear - ugly people are ugly
Original post by I'veGotAHadron
If you're that worried about being cheated on then you have no game.

Relationship is over before it even started if you care so much already.

does 'game' mean 'the ability to delude yourself' nowadays?

Dose it frighten you to hear that there are lads out there that could win her over, regardless of whether you're on your A game at the time or not?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MidnightDream
No dear - ugly people are ugly

Average/Above Average/Below Average is a different classification scheme to Attractive/Unattractive/Ugly and the two may overlap.

E.g. If we sent all the world's top models to an island, the "average" on that island is highly attractive. In the UK however, it is very possible that "average" falls into the ugly category.
Original post by Secretnerd123
Yea because below average girls never cheat (!)

please don't destroy my paradime
Original post by dire wolf
does 'game' mean 'the ability to delude yourself' nowadays?

Dose it frighten you to think that there are lads out there that could win her over, regardless of whether you're on your A game or not?

it's slang for confidence

and no it doesn't frighten me
i'll just find another girl
it's slang for confidence

and no it doesn't frighten me
i'll just find another girl

no feelings of inadequacy? you truly are an alphar
no feelings of inadequacy? you truly are an alphar

looooooool

nah you just gotta treat things as if you're borrowing them
don't put a women on a pedastal
you haven't even met the girl and you're already worried ? screams of desperation tbh
looooooool

nah you just gotta treat things as if you're borrowing them
don't put a women on a pedastal
you haven't even met the girl and you're already worried ? screams of desperation tbh

i dont understand your point of view, but i am in the right, so im gonna explain myself again: the amalgamation of your good points gives you a rating out of 100 (deep voice -> +10; likeable parents -> +5; loyal -> +3.5 etc.) in the girls' mind, and a girl will break up with you/cheat on you when she is confronted with a guy that out scores you - fakt!
The only way to keep composure in situations like that is to convince yourself that the girl is somehow stupid or has been misled. This is really hard to do when you love the girl in question because one of the main components of love (IMO!) is admiration and respect; you're then in a position where you have to flip-flop with some important judgments to retain any self love.

i fear loving someone and not being able to satisfy them in every way and rationally so should you!
(edited 9 years ago)
i dont understand your point of view, but i am in the right, so im gonna explain myself again: the amalgamation of your good points gives you a rating out of 100 (deep voice -> +10; likeable parents -> +5; loyal -> +3.5 etc.) in the girls' mind, and a girl will break up with you/cheat on you when she is confronted with a guy that out scores you - fakt!
The only way to keep composure in situations like that is to convince yourself that the girl is somehow stupid or has been misled. This is really hard to do when you love the girl in question because one of the main components of love (IMO!) is admiration and respect; you're then in a position where you have to flip-flop with some important judgments to retain any self love.

i fear loving someone and not being able to satisfy them in every way

another key component of "love" is reciprocation.

if she leaves you for another guy then it was never love, but lust.
another key component of "love" is reciprocation.

if she leaves you for another guy then it was never love, but lust.

or maybe just a watered down version of the thing that she has with the new guy
or maybe just a watered down version of the thing that she has with the new guy

if it bothers you so badly then spend your time improving yourself? gym, hobbies, go to societies etc.
This is so sad to watch :sigh:
Ugly people cheat too, look at the people on Jeremy Kyle for example

Posted from TSR Mobile
From my experience it's much better to bang 8-10s but date 7s. I don't have the patience for high maintenance girls for longer than a few hours at a time.

Much better than someone who is expensive and constantly sh*t testing you all of the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
It varies a lot, but generally speaking the prettier she is, the more likely to have ego issues or a princess complex. But there are exceptions.
Original post by miser
It varies a lot, but generally speaking the prettier she is, the more likely to have ego issues or a princess complex. But there are exceptions.

What are you defining as ego issues or a princess complex? This whole thread just seems like guys bashing pretty girls :/
Reply 36
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
What are you defining as ego issues or a princess complex? This whole thread just seems like guys bashing pretty girls :/

I'm referring to having expectations of being treated in a deferential way, or of behaving in a way that suggests superiority, etc.

I think the way people get treated in life affects their learnt behaviours, and if you are pretty such that guys are always treating you in a certain way (e.g., not calling you out, always buying drinks for you, etc.), I think that will shape how you treat them. Generally speaking, the hotter the girl, the more **** she'll throw at the guy (I think to subconsciously see if he can handle it).

I don't want to speculate too much about why things are the way they are, but the prettier the girl is, the more likely people will have built up her ego, and the bigger her ego, the more likely she'll be "high maintenance".
Original post by miser
I'm referring to having expectations of being treated in a deferential way, or of behaving in a way that suggests superiority, etc.

I think the way people get treated in life affects their learnt behaviours, and if you are pretty such that guys are always treating you in a certain way (e.g., not calling you out, always buying drinks for you, etc.), I think that will shape how you treat them. Generally speaking, the hotter the girl, the more **** she'll throw at the guy (I think to subconsciously see if he can handle it).

I don't want to speculate too much about why things are the way they are, but the prettier the girl is, the more likely people will have built up her ego, and the bigger her ego, the more likely she'll be "high maintenance".

So you'd say "high maintenance" is what you're referring to? I wouldn't have thought that was necessarily a bad thing depending on the guy either. I'm "high maintenance" but my boyfriend doesn't mind :dontknow: He's high maintenance too.

However I'm not sure that necessarily comes from looks, more so personality
Reply 38
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
So you'd say "high maintenance" is what you're referring to? I wouldn't have thought that was necessarily a bad thing depending on the guy either. I'm "high maintenance" but my boyfriend doesn't mind :dontknow: He's high maintenance too.

However I'm not sure that necessarily comes from looks, more so personality

Sort of. I think there are different ways girls can be 'high maintenance' and for different reasons.

Whether it's a bad thing depends on how much it bothers you I suppose. I'm a pretty patient guy so I can handle it to a certain extent (I tend to take the view that being with a girl you're super turned on by is worth the trade off), but it doesn't always work out that way, for example my ex was on another level with it.

It's a good point that guys can be high maintenance too, though I would've thought that would be a turn off to most girls.
Reply 39
Umm.. why are you so insecure.. Hopefully she'll love you too.. Stay positive.. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest