The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am 5'7 and I wouldn't mind dating a girl taller then me. (Ex was taller) in terms of guys, I would date someone shorter then me but then I would be a bit :erm: below 5 ft initially.
Reply 161
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
No. I'm 5"8 and wear heels most of the time, so I wouldn't

You know what you are? You're an anti-shortite! Oh, it starts with a few jokes and some slurs. "Hey, shorty!" Next thing you know you're saying they should have their own schools.
Original post by StevieA
You know what you are? You're an anti-shortite! Oh, it starts with a few jokes and some slurs. "Hey, shorty!" Next thing you know you're saying they should have their own schools.

Because I don't want to date a man shorter than me?
Original post by Changing Skies
What counts as a midget? :lol:

Dwarfism is defined as being 4' 10" or lower in adulthood.
As a proud short guy I really wish everybody would stop complaining. Preferences are a two-way street, you can just expect everybody you're attracted to to be attracted to you.
Original post by Maker
I find this protection thing to be complete nonsense.

If a guy is say 5' 3" he would be capable of protecting his girl who is 5' 1" but not if she is 5' 6"? That just makes no sense. If a girl really needs protection, she needs a body guard, not a taller bf or be less paranoid.

Anyway, I'm quite a fit person so I can protect a gf of any height.

I think its really about status. A taller man is considered superior to a shorter one so a girl with a taller man is seen as being with a better man and increase her status just as a man with an attractive woman would increase his status.

Ye it is all about status tbh.
Original post by Changing Skies
What counts as a midget? :lol:

i dont mean midget as an insult i mean a midget in medial terms. would you date one?
Original post by xoflower
I know :frown: Its also annoying how we are constantly reminded how unattractive we are, whether it be by the media... even the tsr has multiple threads stating how 'ugly' we are

Most of my ex's have been black and im white *shrugs* Black women are beautiful.
Original post by Anonymous
Most of my ex's have been black and im white *shrugs* Black women are beautiful.

Youre clearly a minority :smile:
bump
Don’t understand why people get so angry when girls say they don’t want to date short men. Get taller or shut up
Original post by Jheinexx
Don’t understand why people get so angry when girls say they don’t want to date short men. Get taller or shut up

lol!
mainly due to the fact it is a factor that they can't change
I feel that most of the short guys have to be very outgoing/talkitive to make up for their lack in height from my observations
I would date a guy the same height or taller but I have dated someone smaller, and I know I don’t want to sound shallow but I felt a little bit uncomfortable. I am 5’9 though so... Ik it is bad but you need to have the first physical attraction to then want to find out more about their personality. Their personality may not be the first thing that catches your eye... it’s either the smile or the eye contact.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
lol!
mainly due to the fact it is a factor that they can't change
I feel that most of the short guys have to be very outgoing/talkitive to make up for their lack in height from my observations

Yeah its pretty sad for them but a guy being shorter than you makes me the man in the relationship
Original post by ChickenMadness
Manlets detected.

How tall are you captain?
Yeah its pretty sad for them but a guy being shorter than you makes me the man in the relationship

fair enough
just sucks that Im 5'10 lol
those girls with 6'0 or above only :rolleyes: aint worth my time :smug: they are the one that are missing out 🤗
Original post by toonervoustotalk
fair enough
just sucks that Im 5'10 lol
those girls with 6'0 or above only :rolleyes: aint worth my time :smug: they are the one that are missing out 🤗

5’10 is literally the perfect height for a guy. PERFECT. Totally missing out👍🏽
5’10 is literally the perfect height for a guy. PERFECT. Totally missing out👍🏽

PRSOM
Original post by HighFructose
How tall are you captain?

5'11" lel
Your preference is driven by insecurities. You preferred to look normal because people thinks tall man and short woman look normal and you don't look normal the other way around. Insecure of the latter, hence you preferred tall man.

Latest

Trending

Trending