The Student Room Group

Are you a morning person?

If you are, you're more likely to be 'unethical' at night, and vice-versa if you're a 'night-owl'.

Does this apply to you? It's never something that I've known...

Scroll to see replies

Why do mornings exist :frown:
It makes sense, as morning people will be tired at night and so are less likely to evaluate their behaviour so they're more likely to behave in ways which are different to their usual selves. It's like at sleepovers when everyone starts to get tired all the secrets come out. :wink: It doesn't necessarily mean you'll be unethical but rather you'll have less of a 'filter' on your behaviour.
Absolutely and categorically not. Every time my alarm goes off in the morning I die a little inside.
Reply 4
Definitely. I can't lie-in past 9:30 and if I did I'd feel like I'm wasting the day. I like to wake up at around 8 even if I'm on holiday.
Reply 5
I like to sleep. Morning is the end of sleepy time. Ergo, morning is death.
As long as I'm not at work or in a lecture then I can do mornings as I can go at my own speed.

My colleagues will tell you very quickly that at this point in my life, I am not a morning person.
Reply 7
No. I'm a night owl.
im in the middle not an early bird or a night owl
Reply 9
Not at all. I'm trying to train myself to get up early so I don't sleep through my second year of uni. It's quite painful :frown:
Love the name 'Prof. Sah'... that'd just be too much fun to pronounce in full. :tongue:

I don't think I really fit either category - rather, I vary wildly between the two depending on the time of the week. I am, at the moment, getting up at 06:00 on weekdays. As for weekends? Alarms are banned, I will get up when I'm ready, damn it! :mad:
I learnt to cope with them. My method was buying a coffee machine. It's in my bedroom.
I'm always an early morning person. I'm an organized person so I have a routine to follow, if I fail to follow the routine then it annoys me (The only time the routine is adjusted is when holidays are over).
I do tend to have a better day if I've woken up early, however...

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends. I am fine with mornings during the weekday, when I know I need to wake up at a certain time to be someplace at a certain time. Waking up then is very.. robotic for me. I'm up, and done with certain tasks at a specific time, and get very pissy when I'm interrupted or behind schedule.

On weekends or holidays, however, when I have no goals... I have been known to sleep until 3 pm and almost always wake up with a headache, no matter how long I sleep (*shrug*)..

So no.. not quite a morning person but I can deal with mornings.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm a nightowl :tongue:
It depends. I'm at my best during mid morning I think.
No.

Having to get up at 4am to start at 5:30am 3-4 times a week does not suit or overjoy me at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Noooo I am not. I have problems sleeping which means I'm often awake at 4/5am and then I never want to get out of bed at a normal time. I get more done in the evening though, which means it's not really a problem unless I have lectures...

Just had a month of getting up at 6am and it was hell :eek:
I've started to hate sleep because i just end up lying in my bed for hours doing bugger all because my mind refuses to go to bed lol.

So i wake with a mood in the Mornings :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest