The Student Room Group

Why I, as a Muslim, am launching a campaign to ban the burka in Britain

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
A man forcing a woman to not wear something and it's not labelled "oppression".

The irony...
I don't see how him being a Muslim is really relevant. Forcing people to wear or not wear something is just wrong.

Before people label me as PC or whatever... frankly if it were up to me people would be allowed to walk around naked or wear Chewbacca masks in public for all I care.
Reply 4
Stopped reading at "daily mail".
To be honest, banning people from wearing what they want is just as bad as forcing them to wear something they don't want to.....:closedeyes::curious:
No problem when hundreds of football hooligans run around destroying things in 80s and 90s in balaclavas but when a few Muslims decide to wear a burka, it turns into an issue of public safety.
(edited 9 years ago)
Daily mail.

Good work
If I was a girl I'd wear a burka as a political statement for the rejection of our society.

I'm not entirely sure of where I stand on the Burqa. Out of interest though, how many of those who support it also support the right to wear nothing in public?
Original post by DaveSmith99
I'm not entirely sure of where I stand on the Burqa. Out of interest though, how many of those who support it also support the right to wear nothing in public?

Sure. Both are currently legal and I can see no serious issues caused by either.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Sure. Both are currently legal and I can see no serious issues caused by either.

Public nudity isn't legal.
Wait what? "It has nothing to do with Islam"- direct quote. Well this could not be more wrong, in fact it's written in the Quran that covering the body is WAJIB, Dr Taj Hargey clearly hasn't studied the quran, the fact that he thinks niqab has nothing to do with Islam is a ridiculous claim.

I also love how the title is "Why I, as a muslim...", I don't think he knows the full concept of the word muslim and just watching the video ( of the Aljazeera news clip) he doesn't exactly look like a muslim either.

Besides this is the Daily Fail, what thrash.

Great news.

The veil is incredibly rude and has no place in our society.
His ideology is absolute trash and I doubt he's even able to understand the Koran, but however he is right in one thing, the burka is tradition as opposed to religion, as are many other items of clothing that Muslims wear everyday. The Quran says to conceal certain parts of the body. Whether or not people choose to follow this is up to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why does he seem to think his opinion carries more weight because he is a Muslim?
Original post by DaveSmith99
Public nudity isn't legal.

Except it is.

You are not arrested for public nudity.

You are arrested if you use nudity " to harass, alarm or distress others" And etc.
Original post by ArabianPhoenix
Wait what? "It has nothing to do with Islam"- direct quote. Well this could not be more wrong, in fact it's written in the Quran that covering the body is WAJIB, Dr Taj Hargey clearly hasn't studied the quran, the fact that he thinks niqab has nothing to do with Islam is a ridiculous claim.

I also love how the title is "Why I, as a muslim...", I don't think he knows the full concept of the word muslim and just watching the video ( of the Aljazeera news clip) he doesn't exactly look like a muslim either.

Besides this is the Daily Fail, what thrash.

Classic. A Muslim disagrees with your version of Islam so he's not a true Muslim.

And, pray tell, what does a Muslim look like?
Forcing someone to not wear something is ridiculous.
A muslim? In the Daily Mail? I hope he wasn't a gay muslim, and a liberal minded NHS supporing gay muslim at that.

Lord Rothermere better not hear about this, he'd be livid!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending