The Student Room Group

transferring to universities in Netherlands from Webster

Hey,

I am currently going for webster (Geneva-Switzerland campus) as they have accepted me. I have done IB so the program there will take me 3 years (instead of 4) to complete. I however am thinking of transferring to unis like Utrecht, Maastricht, or any other dutch uni, from next year. I have little to no knowledge about the accreditation system. Do you think they'll accept the modules taught by a private university like Webster? as most of the accreditations are US based on their website.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by shad0wboss
Hey,

I am currently going for webster (Geneva-Switzerland campus) as they have accepted me. I have done IB so the program there will take me 3 years (instead of 4) to complete. I however am thinking of transferring to unis like Utrecht, Maastricht, or any other dutch uni, from next year. I have little to no knowledge about the accreditation system. Do you think they'll accept the modules taught by a private university like Webster? as most of the accreditations are US based on their website.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

I don't think so. My friend is transferring from Canada to Leiden (Netherlands), and she has to start all over again. The program is very specific in most Dutch units, so you have to start from the beginning. Just apply to the NL to begin with?
Reply 2
Original post by miavdbt
I don't think so. My friend is transferring from Canada to Leiden (Netherlands), and she has to start all over again. The program is very specific in most Dutch units, so you have to start from the beginning. Just apply to the NL to begin with?

Well it's too late, first off. My real question however was whether they take the university, from where you've previously studied, into perspective? Or do they just compare the modules studied.
Reply 3
Original post by shad0wboss
Well it's too late, first off. My real question however was whether they take the university, from where you've previously studied, into perspective? Or do they just compare the modules studied.
As far as I know, they compare the modules studied. This cannot be done without taking your university into account because not all universities have the same standards. I am not familiar with Webster, so I have no idea whether its degrees are roughly of the same standard as Dutch degrees. They are more inclined to accept completed degrees than just some modules.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending