The Student Room Group
University logo
Abertay University

Parker Street Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Dasomeone
Oh nice! Still a fair bit of way from Dundee though? :smile:

Little bit yeah! But I'm staying with my dad just now which is 10 mins from dundee :P
University logo
Abertay University

Hi there! :smile: I'm not entirely sure what the IEAP program is? Is it the International Days beginning the 27th of August?

Haha, no it's the English programme beginning this monday for international students. I'm going for it, so my flight leaves tomorrow night! I'm going to be in dundee on just Saturday. I'm super excited. Just looking for people I'd know. How old are you?
Original post by megzo

Little bit yeah! But I'm staying with my dad just now which is 10 mins from dundee :P

Ahh, so not bad at all then :tongue:
Original post by shreyasidesai
Haha, no it's the English programme beginning this monday for international students. I'm going for it, so my flight leaves tomorrow night! I'm going to be in dundee on just Saturday. I'm super excited. Just looking for people I'd know. How old are you?

Oh! Awesome! I really hope you enjoy it. I didn't get invited as I graduated with a bilingual diploma from the International Baccalaureate :/
I'm sure you'll meet a lot of new people in no time, so I wouldn't worry too much about it :biggrin:

I'm 19, what about yourself?
Oh! Awesome! I really hope you enjoy it. I didn't get invited as I graduated with a bilingual diploma from the International Baccalaureate :/
I'm sure you'll meet a lot of new people in no time, so I wouldn't worry too much about it :biggrin:

I'm 19, what about yourself?

I graduated with a degree and a high IELTS score too, but I'm actually going there just so I can get to know the city a little better and the people, and just you know, the exciting prospects of college and stuff.
Oh, nice. I'm 18 (:
I graduated with a degree and a high IELTS score too, but I'm actually going there just so I can get to know the city a little better and the people, and just you know, the exciting prospects of college and stuff.
Oh, nice. I'm 18 (:

Oh yeah that is actually a really good idea!
I reckon I'll be flying over around a week before we start in September, so I have time to get used to the city as well :smile:

So what course are you going to study at Abertay?

Anybody else choose a mixed dorm?

I haven't received my Orientation pack yet, but once I do I will apply and choose mixed.
Oh yeah that is actually a really good idea!
I reckon I'll be flying over around a week before we start in September, so I have time to get used to the city as well :smile:

So what course are you going to study at Abertay?

I haven't received my Orientation pack yet, but once I do I will apply and choose mixed.

Haha, I was just really eager to get out. Well, I'm doing Forensic Psychobiology. And you?
Haha, I was just really eager to get out. Well, I'm doing Forensic Psychobiology. And you?

Ethical Hacking. Yeah I am really looking forward to it as well. Will be so good I think :smile:
Ethical Hacking. Yeah I am really looking forward to it as well. Will be so good I think :smile:

Yess, so, you arrive on what date? And ooh, ethical hacking sounds reallly good. Have you been to Dundee before? or visited the uni?
Yess, so, you arrive on what date? And ooh, ethical hacking sounds reallly good. Have you been to Dundee before? or visited the uni?

Not entirely sure, although I'm counting on the 25th of August. Yeah it sounds super interesting, as does Forensic Psychobiology! I actually know a few people that are considering doing it starting next year!

I went to Dundee for the March Applicants day and stayed a few days to meet up with a friend and just see the city :biggrin:

What about yourself? Been before?
Reply 50
Urm yeah! I accepted too, but I don't know my flat yet. Anybody else choose a mixed dorm?

Have you signed a contract with them? the flat number is on there. I have chosen mixed flat also, what course you doing?
Reply 51
Anyone staying in flat B10D?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Original post by M4tt_T4ylor
Hello, is there anyone who has applied for parker street and has accepted there place there?
I received mine not that long a go and have accepted

i got a place at parker street😊!
Hey guys,

I've just accepted my unconditional for Law, I'm planning on applying to Parker Street but haven't been told anything about when to apply for accommodation or received a welcome pack yet - how long did yours take?

also, can you choose to stay in mixed flats? I get on a lot better with girls rather than guys haha.

Getting excited now not long to go! Freshers week will be awesome!
Reply 54
Original post by Mr-Dangerous
Hey guys,

I've just accepted my unconditional for Law, I'm planning on applying to Parker Street but haven't been told anything about when to apply for accommodation or received a welcome pack yet - how long did yours take?

also, can you choose to stay in mixed flats? I get on a lot better with girls rather than guys haha.

Yeah you can stay in mixed flats. Im the same but opposite get on better with guys than girls. It was really quick once you apply to parker street
Original post by Mr-Dangerous
Hey guys,

Aye you get the option when you apply of ticking a wee box that says about mixed flats. When you are applying for Parker Street, you can add any extra comments on your application, so, as you say, because you get on better with girls, you could put that on your application form. You could apply for Parker Street just now if you wanted, would speed things up as opposed to waiting for the welcome pack etc.
Reply 56
Does anyone know how the room numbers work in each flat in parker street?
Reply 57
Does anyone know how the room numbers work in each flat in parker street?

Im not sure but I think its like the letter at the start is the block the number is flat number and then the other letter is your room?
Reply 58
Original post by corried6
Im not sure but I think its like the letter at the start is the block the number is flat number and then the other letter is your room?

its a bit confusing
Reply 59
its a bit confusing

I have not a clue thats the only way I could think. Whats your flat number? What course you doing?

Quick Reply

Latest