The Student Room Group

Does real love exist? Or is it all mind tricks?

Or can the same feelings and sensations be created artificially in this day and age?

I mean, I am just considering this because unattractive people are 'deprived' of the same level of love and attention (which may lead to love eventually) compared to their attractive peers. How can they live 'satisfied' and feel love in this case?

Can the feeling of love be created? Isn't it just all neurochemicals and perception of reality rather than something which another person 'offers' you?

Please clear my ignorance or false perceptions, if any

Thank you TSR
Reply 1
It's bs. Most people suck. So if you "love" them, you probably suck.
It's all a mind trick.

"These are not the girls you're looking for."
Well love is obviously just a series of chemicals in your body - not romantic, but true. I'm not sure if we can currently create artificial love (I don't think we can), but it's theoretically possible. Finding real love is probably considerably easier.
Its certainly true that if you really, really like someone and they really, really like you, that can be a kind of self-sustaining virtuous circle. Love is either reciprocal or it is nothing.
Reply 5
Original post by PythianLegume
Well love is obviously just a series of chemicals in your body - not romantic, but true. I'm not sure if we can currently create artificial love (I don't think we can), but it's theoretically possible. Finding real love is probably considerably easier.

Can't someone uber dose on serotonin?
What is the neurochemical (combination) for love?
Original post by Anonymous
Can't someone uber dose on serotonin?
What is the neurochemical (combination) for love?

Well I think it's a bit more complex than a simple neurochemical high, given that love involves a long lasting emotional bond.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending