The Student Room Group

UK soldiers put on alert after muslims plot another Lee Rigby style murder

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryWhiteMan
Rivers of blood I cannot wait. The more violence the better as we can retaliate.

You're deranged.

By all means fight violence and tyranny with crushing force. But why wish for more of it? Use only as much as is necessary to end it.
Islam the faith that just keeps 'giving':rolleyes:
Original post by tengentoppa
But there's nothing wrong with the OP either. The person allegedly plotting the murder is a Muslim, and the motivation for killing a soldier is his religion.

I see no problem with calling the man Muslim.

Islam doesn't motivate anyone to kill.
Original post by TSR Mustafa

Well that's a complete lie.

ISIS?
The Taliban?
Al-Qaeda?
The Saudi justice system?
The South Sudan justice system?
The murder of Lee Rigby?

And please, spare me the claims that they're not true Muslims.
Original post by TenOfThem
Because he does not appear to have committed a crime

Converting to Islam
Talking to soldiers
Taking photos in a public place

What could they arrest him for?

Police have arrested loads of people over recent years for things like photographing policemen, or pictures of public buildings. Mostly under the Terrorism Acts. The cases haven't stuck, but people doing things like that have been taken in for questioning.

ISIS?
The Taliban?
Al-Qaeda?
The murder of Lee Rigby?

It's all down to what you define as a Holy War and where you draw the limits of who is a legitimate combatant in the Holy War once you've defined it.

The 'Christian' (eg, Western) powers often have the same problem, mislabelling things 'crusades' or 'just wars'. The US frequently claimed that the ghastly Vietnam War, where they murdered millions of civilians, was a Christian Crusade against Godless Communists under the mad Domino Theory.

I think we need to get some perspective here. Wars are justified in all kinds of ways, as are acts of terror. Muslims are furious about a whole bunch of things, some of which are their own fault and some the result of colonialism and/or corrupt dictatorships supported by the West. That anger comes out in various unpredictable ways. It may be under the banner of Islam, but the reality is that people always like to find something to claim that their war is the moral one.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
It's all down to what you define as a Holy War and where you draw the limits of who is a legitimate combatant in the Holy War once you've defined it.

The 'Christian' (eg, Western) powers often have the same problem, mislabelling things 'crusades' or 'just wars'. The US frequently claimed that the ghastly Vietnam War, where they murdered millions of civilians, was a Christian Crusade against Godless Communists under the mad Domino Theory.

I think we need to get some perspective here. Wars are justified in all kinds of ways, as are acts of terror. Muslims are furious about a whole bunch of things, some of which are their own fault and some the result of colonialism and/or corrupt dictatorships supported by the West. That anger comes out in various unpredictable ways. It may be under the banner of Islam, but the reality is that people always like to find something to claim that their war is the moral one.

Of course it's far more complicated than just a case of Muslims killing people on account of their religion. There are also historical, economic and politcal factors at play.

But to claim that Islam has never motivated anyone to kill is certainly inaccurate.
Original post by guided-one
Islam is against the killing of innocent civilians, the likes of Lee Rigby.
Posted from TSR Mobile

But Lee Rigby wasn't a civilian

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FishLover
Unless the article is missing some key details I don't see how his behaviour is suspicious. Maybe he's interested in joining the army. Maybe he found what the soldiers were doing interesting. People take pictures of everything and anything nowadays so this is really no reason to label someone a potential murderer.

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
This!

Don't be so bloody naive.

The massive pile of dead bodies shows you to be wrong

ISIS?
The Taliban?
Al-Qaeda?
The murder of Lee Rigby?

If they don't follow islam , then there not Muslims. Islam as a religion is twisted by these people and use it as a excuse to commit crimes. But Islam itself is pure , humans aren't.
Original post by MrSupernova
But Lee Rigby wasn't a civilian

Posted from TSR Mobile

He was. Off-duty soldiers count as civilians
If they don't follow islam , then there not Muslims. Islam as a religion is twisted by these people and use it as a excuse to commit crimes. But Islam itself is pure , humans aren't.

It has good parts but is most definitely man-made and very 7th century influenced
Original post by TheAnusFiles
He was. Off-duty soldiers count as civilians

That's not the way the people who killed him saw it though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrSupernova
That's not the way the people who killed him saw it though

Posted from TSR Mobile

And I'm sure the EDL see all Muslims as potential terrorists too. Means **** all
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Police have arrested loads of people over recent years for things like photographing policemen, or pictures of public buildings. Mostly under the Terrorism Acts. The cases haven't stuck, but people doing things like that have been taken in for questioning.

Your point being?
Reply 36

I thought Muslims had to be 'qualified' to make decisions on who is and isn't a Muslim, and I thought if people who aren't qualified to make this decision to call Muslims kaffir and do so, then they are sinning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
I thought Muslims had to be 'qualified' to make decisions on who is and isn't a Muslim, and I thought if people who aren't qualified to make this decision to call Muslims kaffir and do so, then they are sinning.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol , i knew someone would pick up on this. Firstly even if I'm not qualified , the Quran clearly shows that everything terrorists do is against Islam.
Reply 38
Lol , i knew someone would pick up on this. Firstly even if I'm not qualified , the Quran clearly shows that everything terrorists do is against Islam.

Tut Tut... Casting takfeer isn't for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Between them they have the IQ of a small root vegetable. If this were the US, they could probably have pleaded mental retardation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending