The Student Room Group

Why do straight guys treat gay guys mean?

So why do straight guys bully gay guys? I know some don't, but majority of interactions between straight and gay guys has been negative. Also, why do gay guys tend to make friends with straight females? Do you think straight guys begin to view these gay guys as women also? Especially in a school/college setting with teens where these cliques are more prominent?

Str8 guys can u help out pls? Or gay ones, or str8 girls too (+ gay ones lel)
THANKS Y'ALL!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not something I've noticed from my experience. Although I've had some gay guys be really b**chy towards me for no reason. I'm nice to gay guys, they know hot girls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Jebedee
Not something I've noticed from my experience. Although I've had some gay guys be really b**chy towards me for no reason. I'm nice to gay guys, they know hot girls.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's v. true :laugh: So do you think guy guys get categorized in the straight female section by straight boys?
Original post by Anonymous
So why do straight guys bully gay guys? I know some don't, but majority of interactions between straight and gay guys has been negative. Also, why do gay guys tend to make friends with straight females? Do you think straight guys begin to view these gay guys as women also? Especially in a school/college setting with teens where these cliques are more prominent?

THANKS Y'ALL!

I'm straight and I'm nice
Reply 4
Original post by TheAnusFiles
I'm straight and I'm nice

Some str8 guys are nice I guess..............................................

A few.

Very few.

But lyk, don't you think gays get the same deal pretty much as their female friends but without the hot guys?
Mainly because they think it looks "cool" to do so.
Reply 6
Original post by Super199
Mainly because they think it looks "cool" to do so.

I guess...
Some str8 guys are nice I guess..............................................

A few.

Very few.

But lyk, don't you think gays get the same deal pretty much as their female friends but without the hot guys?

I am nice I promise. I don't have a problem with people being gay at all
Beats me tbh. All through secondary school people thought I was gay... And some people still do. Meh
As a straight guy, I don't treat gay guys mean.
Original post by TheAnusFiles
I am nice I promise. I don't have a problem with people being gay at all

I believe u :colonhash::colonhash:

Original post by de_monies
Beats me tbh. All through secondary school people thought I was gay... And some people still do. Meh

Are/were you? And why do you think they thought that?
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
As a straight guy, I don't treat gay guys mean.

Are you sure tho? xD But no, I know there are some nice hetero guys...
Well, I'm a straight guy and one of my best friends is gay. We both go to college. He was tortured all the way through school. Bullies are just d******s, to be honest. Who cares why they do what they do?
Cos they think they're cool :frown:
Anyway... all nice gay boys, send me a message. We can console each other

THANKS Y'ALL!

Gay guys make good friends with females due to two things (generally of course there are exceptions)
1) All girls want a cliche "gay best friend"
2) Gay guys often have a more similar... Attitude I think is the best word? (Not being homophobic here this is just pure honesty)

Why do guys bully gay guys
1) 99% don't.
2) 1% that do, either do it to be funny, because they are ignorant either not agreeing with it due to religion or just general ignorance

3) Something that I only considered a few days ago after seeing a 'famous' gay person's Facebook (by famous I mean he has a lot of likes on Facebook, no celebrity or anything) and was posting horrifically harsh comments (telling people to 'go kill yourself' etc) which I believe some people would see and think "ah, must be a gay thing" as generally isn't something said, as you can imagine. Of course this is not true, but yeah

Spoiler

Original post by Keyser-Soze
Well, I'm a straight guy and one of my best friends is gay. We both go to college. He was tortured all the way through school. Bullies are just d******s, to be honest. Who cares why they do what they do?

WOT WUD U DO IF HE WAS SECRETLY IN LUV WIV U?? ;OOO and yeah exactly, I don't get it?

Original post by Joyful_soul
Cos they think they're cool :frown:
Anyway... all nice gay boys, send me a message. We can console each other

But why? Like what's cool? The fact that they are targeting someone weaker than them, but it being acceptable since they're not actually a girl.
Why do people post threads poor grammar?
I believe u :colonhash::colonhash:

Are/were you? And why do you think they thought that?

Nope :smile: Accent? Also, might sound a bit like Im boasting, but Im friendly with pretty much every one?

Also, I guess I can quite easily make friends who are girls?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
I've never experienced a straight male be mean to me. I have a few straight friends mock me or use banter about being gay but I just laugh along with it.
It fathoms me why anyone would want to be mean anyway! :confused:
Original post by AdamCee
Gay guys make good friends with females due to two things (generally of course there are exceptions)
1) All girls want a cliche "gay best friend"
2) Gay guys often have a more similar... Attitude I think is the best word? (Not being homophobic here this is just pure honesty)

Why do guys bully gay guys
1) 99% don't.
2) 1% that do, either do it to be funny, because they are ignorant either not agreeing with it due to religion or just general ignorance

3) Something that I only considered a few days ago after seeing a 'famous' gay person's Facebook (by famous I mean he has a lot of likes on Facebook, no celebrity or anything) and was posting horrifically harsh comments (telling people to 'go kill yourself' etc) which I believe some people would see and think "ah, must be a gay thing" as generally isn't something said, as you can imagine. Of course this is not true, but yeah

Spoiler

You didn't offend me at all, I'm really glad you were frank :biggrin: and tbh I agree with 99% of what you said.

Apart from 99% don't bully gays; even if it's not like outward obvious bullying, they just kinda treat them differently. Maybe not bullying I guess, that's not really the right word...

But them bitchy gays on FB tho -_________________________________________________-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending