The Student Room Group

GCSE Results Day - what do I do?

Hello, just a quick question. When I receive my results on the day, do I have to immediately go and sign up to the college I want to go to.. or can I wait a few days and then sign up?

I've heard from a few people that they signed up on the same day, but I don't really understand why you wouldn't be able to wait just a little while.

Thank you. c:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eunkoso
Hello, just a quick question. When I receive my results on the day, do I have to immediately go and sign up to the college I want to go to.. or can I wait a few days and then sign up?

I've heard from a few people that they signed up on the same day, but I don't really understand why you wouldn't be able to wait just a little while.

Thank you. c:

I'm not sure, but I know for sixth form at my school they knew who was thinking about staying and once you got your results you confirm your place and then you could either pick your options on results day or wait until September.
Reply 2
Original post by amelimoo
I'm not sure, but I know for sixth form at my school they knew who was thinking about staying and once you got your results you confirm your place and then you could either pick your options on results day or wait until September.

Oh, okay, thanks for the reply. c:
I'm really unsure about the college though, I might just have to ask my teachers on results day. I've looked in loads of places online and they've not said anything about the time between getting my results and signing up. :/
Contact the college and find out!
Although I'm pretty sure that if you've applied to the college they will contact you and let you know what to do. I thought once you got your results it should be more of a confirming your place rather than signing up and you should've already signed up just as a precaution?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by eunkoso
Oh, okay, thanks for the reply. c:
I'm really unsure about the college though, I might just have to ask my teachers on results day. I've looked in loads of places online and they've not said anything about the time between getting my results and signing up. :/

I would contact them on results day to confirm that you've got the entry requirements and you want to go there and then ask them about it.
Original post by eunkoso

Thank you. c:

Depends on the sixth form/college so look on their website or call/email them. One sixth form I applied to will have an 'enrolment interview' I need to go to between 29th August - 5th September with my GCSE results where as another wants me to go to the sixth form on the same day. :smile:

Edit: As others have said though, the sixth form/college will contact you about what to do by email, phone or mail.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by eunkoso

Thank you. c:

The college will usually send you an enrollment letter detailing the date (and sometimes time) they want you there for :smile:
Original post by eunkoso

Thank you. c:
The colleges/sixth forms around my area do the signing up on results day :yep: Not sure if they allow you at a later date though :dontknow: How about you contact the college/sixth form you'd like to go to? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by kayleighisonfire
The college will usually send you an enrollment letter detailing the date (and sometimes time) they want you there for :smile:

Will they? Oh, good, thank you very much. c:
Reply 9
Original post by Black Rose
The colleges/sixth forms around my area do the signing up on results day :yep: Not sure if they allow you at a later date though :dontknow: How about you contact the college/sixth form you'd like to go to? :smile:

Surely not everyone can sign up on the day though? It's confusing...

Maybe I'm just being paranoid. :biggrin:
Original post by eunkoso

Thank you. c:

That depends on the college or lower sixth you are attending. You'll have to contact them or find out from them.
Reply 11
Original post by JayJay-C19
That depends on the college or lower sixth you are attending. You'll have to contact them or find out from them.

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks. :smile:
Original post by eunkoso

I agree with you, not sure how they do it, but it happens :tongue:
Original post by eunkoso

Larger sixth formers have an enrolment week where one weekday of that week you'll be given an appointment as they can't sign everyone up in the same day.

Smaller ones will have everyone at one day/results day.
Original post by eunkoso
Will they? Oh, good, thank you very much. c:

Mine did and the ones near me do and I can't really imagine it being a Yorkshire thing. :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by yellowcopter
Larger sixth formers have an enrolment week where one weekday of that week you'll be given an appointment as they can't sign everyone up in the same day.

Smaller ones will have everyone at one day/results day.

that makes a lot of sense. c:
Original post by eunkoso
that makes a lot of sense. c:

Actually got my one in the mail the same day I posted that. :tongue: My one is 29th Aug, and they have a whole week for everyone since I'm going to a larger sixth.
Reply 17
Original post by yellowcopter
Actually got my one in the mail the same day I posted that. :tongue: My one is 29th Aug, and they have a whole week for everyone since I'm going to a larger sixth.

haha :biggrin: do you think it would be the same for large colleges? I hope it will. c:
Original post by eunkoso
haha :biggrin: do you think it would be the same for large colleges? I hope it will. c:

Yes, it's much more likely to be the case for colleges as colleges are huge and offer tons of courses. :smile:
Original post by eunkoso

Thank you. c:

Colleges have enrollment days. You sign up to the colleges on those days. They're normally a short while after results (ours was in September).

Quick Reply

Latest