The Student Room Group

UK soldiers put on alert after muslims plot another Lee Rigby style murder

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ggmu!
Tut Tut... Casting takfeer isn't for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had no intention of casting takfeer , it was accidental and a mistake. However , ultimately Allah will judge them and punish them for there sins.
Reply 41
Original post by TheAnusFiles
He was. Off-duty soldiers count as civilians

Not according to the Americans who drone 'militants' in their houses in Yemen / Waziristan.
Original post by Reform
Not according to the Americans who drone 'militants' in their houses in Yemen / Waziristan.

Not an american mate
Reply 43
Original post by Reform

Guessing it's fair game for me to kill some Muslims next time they stage an attack on Indians.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by TheAnusFiles
Not an american mate

Forgive my ignorance but is it not international law that says off duty soldiers count as civilians?

If if isn't, then my bad.

Original post by Ggmu!
Guessing it's fair game for me to kill some Muslims next time they stage an attack on Indians.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No where did I say what they did is justified.

My point is that it's hypocritical to say he was a civillian because he was off duty but to justify droning militants when they're also off duty.
Reply 45
Original post by Reform
Forgive my ignorance but is it not international law that says off duty soldiers count as civilians?

If if isn't, then my bad.

No where did I say what they did is justified.

My point is that it's hypocritical to say he was a civillian because he was off duty but to justify droning militants when they're also off duty.

How do they know when they will be active?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by Ggmu!
How do they know when they will be active?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In their own houses?
Reply 47
Original post by Reform
In their own houses?

Either way how are they going to know when they're active?
I doubt theyre currently operating on the assumption they're active in their house.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
The people who get "droned" whilst at home, are more often than not high ranking members of an organistation who aren't going to be the guys who pick up the weapons, you'll never catch them in the act, so different measures are taken.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
If they don't follow islam , then there not Muslims. Islam as a religion is twisted by these people and use it as a excuse to commit crimes. But Islam itself is pure , humans aren't.

You've just stated anybody who sins which is not following Islam is a kaafir. Well done on making takfeer on 100% of the living ummah.
Original post by tengentoppa
Well that's a complete lie.

ISIS?
The Taliban?
Al-Qaeda?
The Saudi justice system?
The South Sudan justice system?
The murder of Lee Rigby?

And please, spare me the claims that they're not true Muslims.

One word mate and thats IRA, even christians have their fair share, only recently its Islam, but saying that these are a few individuals if this was all muslims you would have a much much bigger problem.
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
You've just stated anybody who sins which is not following Islam is a kaafir. Well done on making takfeer on 100% of the living ummah.

When i say " don't follow Islam" I'm referring to those who commit specific sins relating to terrorism. Either way , it's not my place to say.
Reply 52
Original post by Ggmu!
Either way how are they going to know when they're active?
I doubt theyre currently operating on the assumption they're active in their house.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The same can be said of any soldier. Who knows when they're active and when they'll be redeployed again?

Original post by joeyball
The people who get "droned" whilst at home, are more often than not high ranking members of an organistation who aren't going to be the guys who pick up the weapons, you'll never catch them in the act, so different measures are taken.

So it's fair game if high ranking members of an Army get assassinated?
Reply 53
Original post by Reform
The same can be said of any soldier. Who knows when they're active and when they'll be redeployed again?

It can, a real army works with some type of schedule for the huge amount of people they have to deal with.

Militants aren't like army soldiers. They aren't deployed in large camps far abroad and engage in the same type of combat.

Lots of them are just planting bombs and blowing themselves up.

Not to mention it seems questionable that these militants live at home knowing drones are trying to kill them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
So it's fair game if high ranking members of an Army get assassinated?

Not at all, they aren't the ones committing crimes, look you can argue about this all day but in my opinion if you don't like the things that people do to keep you safe then feel free to live over in countries ruled by these people!
Original post by tengentoppa
In no way does the article say that whatsoever, you sound like you're just looking for an excuse to be outraged.

The man is an ex-convict who converted to Islam behind bars.

Radical Islam is quite prevalent in prisons, and the fact that the man is a former criminal indicates he might commit a crime again.

Owing to the fact that Muslims consider fellow Muslims the world over as their "brothers", there is an almost universal hatred of the UK armed forces because of their actions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

So we have an ex-convict who converted to Islam and therefore has precedent and also the motive to attack a member of the armed forces investigating said armed forces. Of course it's a cause for concern.

The fact that he is a Muslim is very relevant, and turning a blind eye to that out of fear of being labelled as Islamophobic helps no-one.

Why not radical Judaism? Why not radical Sikhism? Why not radical Hinduism?

Oh because they don't exist, only radical Islam...... what does that say?
Original post by billydisco
Why not radical Judaism? Why not radical Sikhism? Why not radical Hinduism?

Oh because they don't exist, only radical Islam...... what does that say?

That Islam is still very much an ultra-conservative religion with a strong radical arm which should be treated with suspicion by western countries?

Though you could make a case that radical Judaism exists in the form of Zionism, and the Jewish supremacist view championed by Israel.

Although of course, Zionism is on a smaller scale than radical Islam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending