The Student Room Group

He won't talk to me anymore

There is this guy that I really really like. We go=et on so well and he has the perfect personality. He is not the most facially blessed however and so when I told people I liked him they warned me off saying that I could do a lot better and us being together would look weird. I didn't really care tho tbh. I know him very well and I know he's insecure about his looks and he's often said he doesn't think any girl would ever go out with him which is soo untrue.
Anyway since I knew he wasn't gunna ask me out and I really liked him, I decided to ask him out instead. We were supposed to go out the other day but he stopped replying to my texts. I have since found out that one of my so called friends had told him that me asking him out was a joke and that we were taking the piss out of him. I would never do that and I'm actually kinda upset that he believes that I would. I keep trying to contact him but he's ignoring me. I saw him at a friends gathering yday and he point blank ignored me. I really like him but I am not sure how to get him to talk to me so i can explain.

Any suggestions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You can do better.
Dont text him, he can easily ignore you. Go straight up to him in person and sort it out. Reassure him you didnt ask him as a joke and that you do really like him. Fight for him a little. Give it at least a week. If he still chooses not to talk to you then send him a final text, reassuring him once again and then leave him to it. Dont bother him again. you'll have done your bit and if he doesnt do his, well then you know where you stand.
Write him a letter? Ask his mum to act as a go between? Camp outside his house until he will at least listen to you.

But do understand that the reason he is cutting you off is that he is incredibly hurt, and unless you can explain yourself promptly this experience is probably going to detrimentally affect his self confidence for a very long time. Your so-called friend acted unforgivably in hurting somebody like this.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
There is this guy that I really really like. We go=et on so well and he has the perfect personality. He is not the most facially blessed however and so when I told people I liked him they warned me off saying that I could do a lot better and us being together would look weird. I didn't really care tho tbh. I know him very well and I know he's insecure about his looks and he's often said he doesn't think any girl would ever go out with him which is soo untrue.
Anyway since I knew he wasn't gunna ask me out and I really liked him, I decided to ask him out instead. We were supposed to go out the other day but he stopped replying to my texts. I have since found out that one of my so called friends had told him that me asking him out was a joke and that we were taking the piss out of him. I would never do that and I'm actually kinda upset that he believes that I would. I keep trying to contact him but he's ignoring me. I saw him at a friends gathering yday and he point blank ignored me. I really like him but I am not sure how to get him to talk to me so i can explain.

Any suggestions?

Texts, FB messages etc

Dunno, tonnes of way to communicate these days, even e-mail I guess
Reply 5
Original post by nohomo
You can do better.

i don't want to do better tho, I want him
Reply 6
Original post by Afghan Warrior
Dont text him, he can easily ignore you. Go straight up to him in person and sort it out. Reassure him you didnt ask him as a joke and that you do really like him. Fight for him a little. Give it at least a week. If he still chooses not to talk to you then send him a final text, reassuring him once again and then leave him to it. Dont bother him again. you'll have done your bit and if he doesnt do his, well then you know where you stand.

I tried going up and speaking to him yesterday but he ignored me everytime and moved to a different room. It's soo frustrating because i feel like he hates me now and there's nothing I can do about it
I tried going up and speaking to him yesterday but he ignored me everytime and moved to a different room. It's soo frustrating because i feel like he hates me now and there's nothing I can do about it

Go up to him again, and be firm. Grab him buy his arm or hand and have a sad but angry look on your face, you'll probably already have that face anyway. Tell him that they need to sort it out. Ask him if he doesnt want to talk to you. See what he says.
Reply 8
Original post by Crumpet1
Write him a letter? Ask his mum to act as a go between? Camp outside his house until he will at least listen to you.

But do understand that the reason he is cutting you off is that he is incredibly hurt, and unless you can explain yourself promptly this experience is probably going to detrimentally affect his self confidence for a very long time. Your so-called friend acted unforgivably in hurting somebody like this.

I really like the idea of a letter, thank you. I'll definitely do this. Tbf if I was in his situation I would probably do the same but I though he knew me well enough to know I could never do that. My friend acted like a complete douche and it's sad because I know he did it out of jealousy
He doesn't have to talk he just needs to listen. So say what you need to say, slam your 'friend', and tell him you DO want to go out with him. Even if he looks like he's ignoring you, he will still be listening despite himself.
Go up to him again, and be firm. Grab him buy his arm or hand and have a sad but angry look on your face, you'll probably already have that face anyway. Tell him that they need to sort it out. Ask him if he doesnt want to talk to you. See what he says.

The worst thing about me is i can't keep a straight face in these kind of situations. I end up laughing or smiling and people never take me seriously. I know if I do that while i'm talking to him he'll definitely think it was all a joke
The worst thing about me is i can't keep a straight face in these kind of situations. I end up laughing or smiling and people never take me seriously. I know if I do that while i'm talking to him he'll definitely think it was all a joke

Exactly, so stop smiling!! You really like him, you really want him dont you? So why cant you put on a straight face and prove to him that youre serious about it? Come on, at least try one last time. If its not succesful then you can say at least you tried and that it wasnt your fault. You wont feel any regrets, meaning you wont think 'if only i said this, if only i did this, if only i listened to AfghanWarrior :P'
Exactly, so stop smiling!! You really like him, you really want him dont you? So why cant you put on a straight face and prove to him that youre serious about it? Come on, at least try one last time. If its not succesful then you can say at least you tried and that it wasnt your fault. You wont feel any regrets, meaning you wont think 'if only i said this, if only i did this, if only i listened to AfghanWarrior :P'

I try!! I not that i want to smile it just happens and the more i try and stop the worse it gets. Next time I'll see him i'll try lool the n ican say i listened to AfghanWarrior. I've literally spammed his phone with texts so hopefully he replies even if it is just to tell me to leave him alone.
I try!! I not that i want to smile it just happens and the more i try and stop the worse it gets. Next time I'll see him i'll try lool the n ican say i listened to AfghanWarrior. I've literally spammed his phone with texts so hopefully he replies even if it is just to tell me to leave him alone.

I find texting to be the poorest method. Why? Because it's easy to ignore the person at the other end of the stick. Trust me, I've learned the hard way. Btw you dont want to text him too much because alternatively he could find you annoying and/or clingy. Just be careful that you dont make it worse for yourself. Youre down as it is, i dont want you feeling worse after!
I find texting to be the poorest method. Why? Because it's easy to ignore the person at the other end of the stick. Trust me, I've learned the hard way. Btw you dont want to text him too much because alternatively he could find you annoying and/or clingy. Just be careful that you dont make it worse for yourself. Youre down as it is, i dont want you feeling worse after!

I think we've passed that point tbh. i think i've sent him like 100 texts today most of the are just 1 word i'm just tryna get response. even if i piss him off a little i just want some acknowledgement :frown:
I think we've passed that point tbh. i think i've sent him like 100 texts today most of the are just 1 word i'm just tryna get response. even if i piss him off a little i just want some acknowledgement :frown:

Try calling him?
Original post by Crumpet1
He doesn't have to talk he just needs to listen. So say what you need to say, slam your 'friend', and tell him you DO want to go out with him. Even if he looks like he's ignoring you, he will still be listening despite himself.

I've tried so hopefully he is listening. I don't really wanna slam my friiend tho. as much as he did a really ****ty thing, i would feel bad talking about him in that way
Try calling him?

he rejects them, he doesn't even try and let it ring a little to make it seem like he's just not at his phone lol
he rejects them, he doesn't even try and let it ring a little to make it seem like he's just not at his phone lol

Well that's a little immature lol
Well that's a little immature lol

I can't even be mad at him because he probably feels worse than i do, which is really annoying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending