The Student Room Group

Is it bad to date someone out of your league?

Is it just inevitable its not gonna work?

Scroll to see replies

Not at all, some say opposites attract. You would certainly have a lot to talk about..
People will try and blow bubbles up your ass and tell you "anything is possible" but I honestly think the initial tricky bit is the initial agreement to it and punching above your weight so if you can do that: props!

-Leo
Why would it be bad? Praise your lucky stars :biggrin:
Reply 4
If you're insecure, it will/would fall apart
No, and potential partners hopefully have more attributes than their short lived appearance to offer.

Distortions are what is leading to the majority of the public actually becoming more ignorant and intellectually stunted. Of course not all visually stunning individuals are dumb blimps. It does appear though that a large majority are. This is confounded by their choice in partners normally another airhead.

These sort of people are genetically devolving the intellectual capacity of society as a whole. Not too mention they generally have more children too. These are both serious issues, which call for extreme measures.

Measure 1: A global ban on fake tan and sunbeds.

Imagine all the water and washing liquid that could be saved, not having to wash the orange imprint off bedding.

Measure 2: A global ban on makeup.

Clause: individuals whom have suffered genuine disfiguration/scarring etc can use it still, if they want to.

Measure 3: Sterilise the air heads, after they have 1 child.

Male and Female Air heads of course.

Measure 4: I'm bored now, so the joke ends here.

Honestly though nobody's out of anybodies league. Everybody has something to contribute. The only individuals not even in the league are the lazy, ignorant, vicious little ****s. Who bring nothing positive to a relationship, but a load of negative ****.
Original post by Maid Marian
Why would it be bad? Praise your lucky stars :biggrin:

because some day theyll realise perhaps?
its like paying much too little for a product..
could be dodgy p

Original post by Leftee
If you're insecure, it will/would fall apart

I am somewhat..but I cant let that stop dating altogether

Original post by Kabulkid
Not at all, some say opposites attract. You would certainly have a lot to talk about..

yeh youre right..different perspectives alright!
Speaking as an Oriental guy who is into white girls, the main problem would be trying to get with them. Never mind it not working out.
Original post by MrEFeynman
No, and potential partners hopefully have more attributes than their short lived appearance to offer.

Distortions are what is leading to the majority of the public actually becoming more ignorant and intellectually stunted. Of course not all visually stunning individuals are dumb blimps. It does appear though that a large majority are. This is confounded by their choice in partners normally another airhead.

These sort of people are genetically devolving the intellectual capacity of society as a whole. Not too mention they generally have more children too. These are both serious issues, which call for extreme measures.

Measure 1: A global ban on fake tan and sunbeds.

Imagine all the water and washing liquid that could be saved, not having to wash the orange imprint off bedding.

Measure 2: A global ban on makeup.

Clause: individuals whom have suffered genuine disfiguration/scarring etc can use it still, if they want to.

Measure 3: Sterilise the air heads, after they have 1 child.

Male and Female Air heads of course.

Measure 4: I'm bored now, so the joke ends here.

Honestly though nobody's out of anybodies league. Everybody has something to contribute. The only individuals not even in the league are the lazy, ignorant, vicious little ****s. Who bring nothing positive to a relationship, but a load of negative ****.
hahaha okay then p

and when I say out of my league I dont just mean looks

you can click really well with people but you still know they could do better and you could a lot worse
No, they want to be with you for you as someone said it would fall apart if you were insecure

There are loads of couples where one is out of the others league as it were and it works out fabulously
Original post by MidnightDream
No, they want to be with you for you as someone said it would fall apart if you were insecure

There are loads of couples where one is out of the others league as it were and it works out fabulously

I guess I could give yeh a chance after all p
Original post by trustmeimlying1
I guess I could give yeh a chance after all p

What do you mean? Are you out of my league or something :confused:
What do you mean? Are you out of my league or something :confused:

you tell me..haha

howya getting on kid?
you tell me..haha

howya getting on kid?

I can't tell you as I have no idea what you look like or anything about you :laugh:

Everything's lovely :grin:
This 'out of my league' is a human-constructed fantasy. If you like each other, then it's fine.
Well if you've got with them, then you've done the hard part. In the case of a male dating above his league though, a girl's friend would tend to interfere and tell the girl she could do better more than the reverse scenario.
I can't tell you as I have no idea what you look like or anything about you :laugh:

Everything's lovely :grin:

you can guesstimate my personality from what I say

dreamgurls getting some action:cool:

what else is happening in the hood:?
If someone is seen as less attractive than you by society, this can be appealing as there is less chance that the person would cheat on you.
you can guesstimate my personality from what I say

dreamgurls getting some action:cool:

what else is happening in the hood:?

There are other important things than just your personality and no I actually can't you're a tough one to figure out methinks

Anyhoo I'm always getting action :teehee:
(edited 9 years ago)
Whoever said that? I consider my girlfriend to be out of my league, but apparently, she's lucky to be with me. (or so she keeps telling me). Honestly, this "Out of my League" bulls*** is ridiculous. In a relationship, there'll always be something either you or your partner will be better at. Like mentioned above, it's just another human-constructed fantasy. There is no such thing as out of your league. There's only whether you love each other enough to be together or not.

Quick Reply