The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr Smurf
You're forgetting Silvestre.

I knew there was one more :tongue:
Reply 1041
Original post by Basiji
if united get vidal, i'm gonna be so pissed off.

Juventus said he wasn't for sale
Reply 1042
Original post by AR_95

Read the whole thing... Also said nowadays players can decide their own futures. He may not be 'up for sale' but neither was Ronaldo when we sold him or Suarez when Liverpool sold him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwerty_mad
Why? He's not an Arsenal player.

Posted from TSR Mobile

cause he's too good for United, we should be in for him.
Original post by AR_95

article translated to 'he is for sale but only at the right price'.
Reply 1045
Original post by Ggmu!
Read the whole thing... Also said nowadays players can decide their own futures. He may not be 'up for sale' but neither was Ronaldo when we sold him or Suarez when Liverpool sold him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough.

​plug?
Reply 1046
Original post by AR_95
Fair enough.

​plug?

In the evening bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Basiji

We should but realistically I don't see us spending ~£40m on another player on top his wage demands.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1048
Original post by Basiji

But he's good enough for Arsenal? LOL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1049
Original post by Ggmu!
In the evening bro

Posted from TSR Mobile

bored af atm
Original post by qwerty_mad
We should but realistically I don't see us spending ~£40m on another player on top his wage demands.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yet spending 20 something mil on Khedira with 150k a week is.

35m is what juve is asking for, and that is a bargain for a player like him. and i'm pretty sure he'd be happy with 120k-150k a week.

but yea i don't see it happening either.
Reply 1051
35m for Vidal is a steal... We could easily offer that much and I'm sure Vidal would pick us over UTD as he's already stated interest in playing in the CL
Original post by AR_95

Actually Conte didn't want to sell him, the club did so Conte left and the boss announced Vidal is for sale after Conte left.

edit: and who could blame him? won the league three times in a row, what more is there, well CL. but pirlo not getting younger and selling a key player (if not their best next to pirlo) how is gonna do well in the CL?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ggmu!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Na I disagree that players can decide their own futures. Look at Madrid. They force people out and take whoever they want to without much fail. Same for Barca. Even Chelsea and City generally get their man if they're in for somebody without any bidding wars from the big 2/3.
Reply 1054
Original post by jam278
Na I disagree that players can decide their own futures. Look at Madrid. They force people out and take whoever they want to without much fail. Same for Barca. Even Chelsea and City generally get their man if they're in for somebody without any bidding wars from the big 2/3.

Vidal has outgrown Juventus imo, different to Barca and Real. I see Chelsea and City being bigger than Juventus currently. Although I see your point but it tends to go one way with forcing players out. It seems to me like big transfers (bale, Ronaldo, Suarez etc) are ones where the player wanted to go to the club or certainly wouldn't turn it down (which is wanting to go there imo).

If a player does not want to sign a contract for a club, how is he going to be forced?

Maybe I'm missing something.

Edit: btw don't necessarily agree that players can decide their futures just quoting the club.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
Vidal has outgrown Juventus imo, different to Barca and Real. I see Chelsea and City being bigger than Juventus currently. Although I see your point but it tends to go one way with forcing players out. It seems to me like big transfers (bale, Ronaldo, Suarez etc) are ones where the player wanted to go to the club or certainly wouldn't turn it down (which is wanting to go there imo).

If a player does not want to sign a contract for a club, how is he going to be forced?

Maybe I'm missing something.

Edit: btw don't necessarily agree that players can decide their futures just quoting the club.

Posted from TSR Mobile

HIghly, highly disagree that Vidal has outgrown Juve.

Their midfield contains Pirlo and Pogba, as well as Marchisio. He's the second best player in their midfield and is replaceable, their CB's are as good as anybody's. They've got two high quality strikers in Tevez and Llorente. Asamoah is a good player, nothing spectacular but he's got energy in abundance and can whip in a decent ball, Lichsteiner the same.

It's a pretty good team, albeit slightly unspectacular and lacking in depth outside the first 11 in midfield. Probably in the top 8 of europe currently. Going to Arsenal or United would be a downgrade for a player of his ability. Although you could say he improves the team to an extent that it won't be(Arsenal in particular). I'd go as far to say that Vidal is the third most important player in the team, behind Pirlo and Tevez.

Only reason that he's potentially leaving is because Juve want to balance the books. Also is he actually leaving or is this just the general nonsense that people put on to sell papers(as Conte left Juve)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1056
Original post by AR_95

Fair play but Newcastle are probably the most attacked side out of those so it is relative. Hopefully he can perform for us

Edit: really doesn't do Zabaleta justice imo
Reply 1058
Original post by alittlehelp
Fair play but Newcastle are probably the most attacked side out of those so it is relative. Hopefully he can perform for us

Edit: really doesn't do Zabaleta justice imo

Ofcourse not. I was more focused on comparing Sagna to Debuchy though and I recall Sagna going down the wing quite a lot the past season
Would break the bank for Vidal, just splash £40m on their table. £150k pw for him. Do it Wenger.

Latest