The Student Room Group

lost my Alevel certificates helllpppp!!

hi

I sat my AS exams in 2011 but i have lost my certificates, I have reapplied for then but they could take upto 28days, and I got to meet my uni condition offer by the 31st?

helllpppppppp!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LucyPerkin1993
hi

I sat my AS exams in 2011 but i have lost my certificates, I have reapplied for then but they could take upto 28days, and I got to meet my uni condition offer by the 31st?

helllpppppppp!!!!!!

The 31st of August is more than 28 days away.
Reply 2
Try not to panic too much, i'm sure you can reason if you ask for the certificates to have them about 5 days earlier before your interview? Or just go down to the sixth form and kindly explain your situation I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem:smile:
Original post by carnationlilyrose
The 31st of August is more than 28 days away.

[h="4"]Your place will be confirmed at this university or college if you meet the conditions of this offer.[/h][h="5"]Conditions of offer[/h] This offer is subject to you obtaining This offer is subject to you providing evidence of your qualifications to the University Admissions Unit, MX Building, Camp Street, Wolverhampton, WV1 1AD no later than 31/07/2014. The following certificate/s are required: A Levels Sociology & Media Studies AS Levels Philosophy & English Literature grade.
Maybe she does, but Ucas offer conditions have to be met by 31st of August, not July. I'd be very surprised if she has a 31st July deadline, because it's not the norm.
Your place will be confirmed at this university or college if you meet the conditions of this offer.

Conditions of offer

This offer is subject to you obtaining This offer is subject to you providing evidence of your qualifications to the University Admissions Unit, MX Building, Camp Street, Wolverhampton, WV1 1AD no later than 31/07/2014. The following certificate/s are required: A Levels Sociology & Media Studies AS Levels Philosophy & English Literature grade.

That's really unusual. It's worth giving them a call to see if they have made a mistake with the date.
Original post by Gunni098
Try not to panic too much, i'm sure you can reason if you ask for the certificates to have them about 5 days earlier before your interview? Or just go down to the sixth form and kindly explain your situation I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem:smile:

hi

my college didn't have a copy of my certificates, so Ive had to contact AQA board who said it could take upto 28 days, Do you think if I called uni admissions office they could reason with me?
That's really unusual. It's worth giving them a call to see if they have made a mistake with the date.

Hi

what ucas number? is it expensive call?
hi

helllpppppppp!!!!!!

Well there is not really a lot that we can do to help - if you have not got the certificates then you cannot meet the offer

You need to call the admissions team and explain that you are waiting for replacement certificates - then hope that they will wait
Hi

what ucas number? is it expensive call?

The university which has given you this deadline. You are going to have to speak to them anyway if the certificates don't arrive in time, so you might as well keep them in the picture from the start. In any case, the certificates will most probably arrive in time. The 28 days is to cover themselves.

Ucas can be contacted using the numbers on their contacts page.

http://www.ucas.com/about-us/contact-us

I have absolutely no idea about the cost of the call.
Original post by TenOfThem
Well there is not really a lot that we can do to help - if you have not got the certificates then you cannot meet the offer

You need to call the admissions team and explain that you are waiting for replacement certificates - then hope that they will wait

hi

hopefully they will, I got my a level certificates but not my AS so I will have to see if I can compromised on that :smile:
hi

my college didn't have a copy of my certificates, so Ive had to contact AQA board who said it could take upto 28 days, Do you think if I called uni admissions office they could reason with me?

Hello,

Oh I see what you mean! I think you should call AQA up because you don't want to panic and start freaking out as the days become closer to the deadline! I don't see a reason why they wouldn't take a student into account when an interview is important so they most likey would send it before the deadline. However if they don't, you could tell the interviewer that you could post a copy of your certificates as soon as you get them, I don't see that being a problem either :smile:

The school does not have her certificates. She has lost them, which means that she collected them from school and that is the end of the school's involvement. She doesn't have an interview. She needs to supply proof of her grades for her place at university to be confirmed. The exam board are not deliberately holding the replacements back for fun. There is a standard time needed to process the certificates. Please, if you are going to offer your advice on this forum, take the time to read what has been posted and consider if your answer really helps.
The university which has given you this deadline. You are going to have to speak to them anyway if the certificates don't arrive in time, so you might as well keep them in the picture from the start. In any case, the certificates will most probably arrive in time. The 28 days is to cover themselves.

Ucas can be contacted using the numbers on their contacts page.

http://www.ucas.com/about-us/contact-us

I have absolutely no idea about the cost of the call.

hi

what I will do tomorrow is call my uni admission team, plus Ucas and try and see if AQA can send then to me quicker if I explain, something got to work right :s-smilie:
The school does not have her certificates. She has lost them, which means that she collected them from school and that is the end of the school's involvement. She doesn't have an interview. She needs to supply proof of her grades for her place at university to be confirmed. The exam board are not deliberately holding the replacements back for fun. There is a standard time needed to process the certificates. Please, if you are going to offer your advice on this forum, take the time to read what has been posted and consider if your answer really helps.

.. I do read what has been said? I might have been confused. Sorry just trying to help?
hi

what I will do tomorrow is call my uni admission team, plus Ucas and try and see if AQA can send then to me quicker if I explain, something got to work right :s-smilie:

This is the best/only course of action. Bear in mind that there are still 14 days to go to the deadline, so there is every chance that they might arrive in time. How long ago did you put in the request?
.. I do read what has been said? I might have been confused. Sorry just trying to help?

I know you are, but sometimes it's not enough to want to help. You have to have some knowledge as well, or you can mislead people.

hi

dont worry at all :smile: Im just grateful for your thoughts and trying to help anything better than nothing :biggrin:
This is the best/only course of action. Bear in mind that there are still 14 days to go to the deadline, so there is every chance that they might arrive in time. How long ago did you put in the request?

Hi

The 11th so if I'm right the full 28 days will be the 7th of august
Hi

The 11th so if I'm right the full 28 days will be the 7th of august

I suspect that they will arrive in time, but I think it's a good idea to alert the university in advance. Don't spring it on them unexpectedly; keep them in the picture. Looking at the terms of the offer, it says they want proof of your qualifications, and I'm wondering if your A2 certificates alone would be enough, since the AS is obviously contained within the A2, apart from your 4th AS which you dropped. (I'm making assumptions here that you did 4 and went down to 3.) I think it's worth calling them in the morning and explaining the situation, saying you have your A2 certificates but not AS, and seeing if they are ok with that. You never know. I can't recall my sons being asked for anything other than their A2 certificates, but it does vary a bit. There have been a couple of other threads about lost certificates on here in the past couple of weeks. If you have a search, you might find some indication of how long it took other posters to get theirs, or you could ask them if the information isn't there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending