The Student Room Group

Why are TSR users so anti-female?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by plusC
I personally don't whine about it all that much, some guys *cough* drake10 *cough* jamieTT are practically obsessed with feminism, I do get fired up when I see sexist double standards and people not following logic when making judgements about the opposite sex, something tumblr feminists seem to do all the time.

I don't think ''Feminism effects none of our daily lives'' is entirely accurate, sometimes it will lead to unfair convictions or people pretending to be victimised when they are in fact not (re:radical feminists)

Hah. Stay well away from Tumblr. You shouldn't even give the feminists on there a second thought. A lot of the women on there do have some serious issues what with the 'gender neutral' and 'thin privilege' bs. You don't actually take them for serious do you?

Feminism leads to unfair convictions? :lolwut: Firstly, that certainly isn't part of my daily life, and secondly I really don't think that's a reasonable statement. How does feminism lead to wrong convictions?

It just seems like you guys are clutching at straws by holding onto a very small proportion of feminists who are 'radical'. It doesn't seem all that sound to me. How many radical feminists do you know?
Original post by manchesterunited15
shots fired

Luckily women are **** with guns
Original post by Secretnerd123
Tsr is either made up of white knights or woman haters. No inbetween :lol:

There is always an in between. Although I'm not sure many of the male members of TSR have actually lived in the real world.
Original post by TheAnusFiles
Nah I wasn't really standing up for 'her' I was taking the opportunity to rip into a complete tit on here

Can you please speak in proper english?
Can you please speak in proper english?

'She' I think it was a guy trolling anyway would say something and the comeback would be something along the lines of

'yeh but i fuked ur mum last n8'

And it was sincere. I could not leave that unchecked
Luckily women are **** with guns

or any sort of mechanical or electrical equipment

Har har har :colonhash:

INB4 a vibrating dildo
Original post by Xotol
Articles and papers are littered with feminism crap. Just a few days ago there was one on the guardian about how men are the weaker sex and that provoked some anti-feminism here. It goes back for quite a while actually - last year I remember a period where there was as much talk about feminism as Islam in D&CA, and there were some truly ridiculous claims being made, like how that last of us game was sexist (just an example that stuck to my head) lolwut.

There are a couple of notable TSR members who are quite, well, unwavering with their very pro-feminism views. I won't name names, but they have definitely played a part in provoking some of the responses.

Some of are obviously trolls, but I don't disagree with some anti-feminist sentiments. By definition, clearly every sane and sensible person agrees with feminism. But this is not what it has become. It is now a label that has been hijacked by the extreme, who are the ones airing their views on the media.

Note this is not the same as anti-female.

One article out of how many published on a daily basis though? I haven't read the article and I can obviously see how it may irritate you if it does explicitly call males the weaker sex, but I still think of that sort of rubbish as a very rare occurrence. But the reactions to it are so strong, I think it's out of proportion.
Har har har :colonhash:

Or sarcasm

Spoiler

Or sarcasm

Spoiler

white knight alert
Original post by tg0896
People on the internet are either the nicest people ever, or the most horrible people ever. The thing is, the people who are horrible will most likely not say these things in real life!

I'm anti feminist in real life tbh.

Original post by TolerantBeing
Yeah but the anti-feminism on TSR is actually a hell of a lot louder than the feminism....The anti-feminist threads massively outweigh the feminist ones, I really fail to see the point. Feminism effects none of our daily lives, if you all think it's a non issue then why whine about it all the time?

Don't get it.

feminism affects us directly. Thats why theres so much anti-feminism now a days. If it didn't affect any of us no one would care about it.
Most of the feminist hate stems from sexual frustration and rejection by the female population.
white knight alert

strong definition of white knight coming from the guy who got called out just a minute ago
white knight alert

You should know wouldn't you :wink:

Or sarcasm

Spoiler

One of my very many talents :tongue:
strong definition of white knight coming from the guy who got called out just a minute ago

White knighting is where you say stuff like 'women are superior to men etc', not where you happen to take the side of a 'girl' because the other people are complete virgins
Original post by ChickenMadness
I'm anti feminist in real life tbh.

feminism affects us directly. Thats why theres so much anti-feminism now a days. If it didn't affect any of us no one would care about it.

Explain to me then, please enlighten me. Threatening to remove the tits from your page 3? Oh the suffering :wink:
White knighting is where you say stuff like 'women are superior to men etc', not where you happen to take the side of a 'girl' because the other people are complete virgins

And I didn't say anything like that lol
Original post by TolerantBeing
Explain to me then, please enlighten me. Threatening to remove the tits from your page 3? Oh the suffering :wink:

No, its begin scared to walk the streets alone incases you are accused of rape
TSR has an unbearably high number of users who are either fedora wearers and/or frustrated virgins and/or libertarians. Such individuals are not known for being progressives or intellectuals.

Quick Reply

Latest