The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gideon123
the reason why there is not peace is because hamas dont want peace!!!!!!!!!!!! they want to kill jews and wipe israel off the map. Any western democracy would act the same way to terrorists rocket fire. the groung invasion is 100% justified and i hope that the idf wipe out hamas

is it easy being ugly?
Original post by Jammy Duel
And you still haven't answered my question. Do you think Argentina have a valid claim to the Falklands?

you seem to want answers and yet wont give any answers yourself....if palestinians can live in peace in israel then why is there such anger at israelis in the west bank?
and yet there are palestinians living all over israel and yet not a single jew in gaza...talk about tolerance

Well, the Israeli government removed all of them in 2006 and who would want to argue with the Israeli government. They'll just come and knock your house down if you try resisting...
Original post by tsr1269
We have clarified that it is not a "defence" as Israeli propaganda has erroneously suggested.

It is in fact, an aggressive attack against people who are blockaded in a strip of land 5x smaller than London...

a strip of land that is lauching rockets at them. if scotland started rocketing england, we would retaliate too
and yet there are palestinians living all over israel and yet not a single jew in gaza...talk about tolerance

That might be due to the fact that situation in Gaza is extremely bad, e.g. deprivation at its peak. Deprivation of food, water and many more.
you seem to want answers and yet wont give any answers yourself....if palestinians can live in peace in israel then why is there such anger at israelis in the west bank?

As I said, go have a look at the politics. The PLO are all for a two-state solution. The question is relevant.
Original post by tsr1269
Well, the Israeli government removed all of them in 2006 and who would want to argue with the Israeli government. They'll just come and knock your house down if you try resisting...

there is some truth in what you say, nevertheless it only reaffirms how the arabs want all the land despite having many arab states with far greater land and yet they have no desire for peace or a two state solution...proof lies in the israeli governments evacuation of jews from the gaza strip and there still being no peace...the arabs are still not happy
Original post by Meenglishnogood
a strip of land that is lauching rockets at them. if scotland started rocketing england, we would retaliate too

Except England is not blockading Scotland, murdering Scotsmen at will, denying imports and other essentials into Scotland, rounding up former prisoners, restricting their movements etc etc.

Breaking: Reports on the ground indicate a "toxic, foul smelling gas" is being dropped on in Gaza. It seems Israel has started using poisonous gasses??????

there is some truth in what you say, nevertheless it only reaffirms how the arabs want all the land despite having many arab states with far greater land and yet they have no desire for peace or a two state solution...proof lies in the israeli governments evacuation of jews from the gaza strip and there still being no peace...the arabs are still not happy

Yet, Israel has categorically denied that there will ever be a Palestinian State:

From the Likud Charter:

"The Government of Israel flatly rejects the establishment of a Palestinian Arab state west of the Jordan river. The Palestinians can run their lives freely in the framework of self-rule, but not as an independent and sovereign state. "

"The Jewish communities in Judea, Samaria and Gaza are the realization of Zionist values. Settlement of the land is a clear expression of the unassailable right of the Jewish people to the Land of Israel and constitutes an important asset in the defense of the vital interests of the State of Israel. The Likud will continue to strengthen and develop these communities and will prevent their uprooting."

"Jerusalem is the eternal, united capital of the State of Israel and only of Israel. The government will flatly reject Palestinian proposals to divide Jerusalem."
As I said, go have a look at the politics. The PLO are all for a two-state solution. The question is relevant.

dont try and avoid what i asked by talking about the PLO when extermists will never be happy with a two state solution, they will not be happy until every jew is dead and israel is wiped off the map, so dont give me this PLO cr*p. Answer the origional god damn question that i asked

Once again, look at the actual politics. They moved out as part of the Oslo Accords (albeit 13 years late). It wasn't an evacuation, it was forcibly removing them because they had no right to be there.
Reply 491

I think you posted in my thread too.

Youre pro Israel?

I'm assuming you're Jewish youreslf? :smile:
dont try and avoid what i asked by talking about the PLO when extermists will never be happy with a two state solution, they will not be happy until every jew is dead and israel is wiped off the map, so dont give me this PLO cr*p. Answer the origional god damn question that i asked

And that original question was?
Your logic is soo bad, does that mean that the Northern Ireland Assembly is completely irrelevant when talking about Northern Ireland because the IRA exists?

What if the residents of England had claimed that land with dodgy reasoning and made several attempts to absorb Scotland into itself?
Is a disgrace.usa,england,china,Russia
every single country is turning their back on this mass murder.
Since 1948 millions of Palestinians have been killed probably, with each year the death toll getting worse and worse.
why is everybody staying silent? with British media hiding the real damage caused,and only partly showing the true picture?
because everybody is enjoying muslims being killed.innocent civilians being.
just like the time when there was problems in iraq.

The only thing I can hope for is for Muslim counties to get together.

Please,teenagers of britian, if you have a little bit of humanity in you lets all protest against this.
enough of USA supplying Israel guns and money and all western counties and superpowers staying silent against Israels cruelty.
Original post by tsr1269

There's hope that we can "de-brainwash" you from Israeli propaganda yet...

jsut so you understand i dont listen to any propaganda, be it israeli or islamic
in fact i dont really pay that much artention to the confilct, apart form the news reports when they come up. i have always wondered why muslims int he uk are so obsessed with this conflict when it really has nothing to do with them. there is for example a conflict gogin on much closer, in europe ( ukraine) whcih i dont beleive you have ever commented on, there are more significant number of casualites than in gaza, such as CAR conflcit, bigger one - off attrocities, like the boko haram and al-shabab attacks, and indeed beiiger cases of kidnapping ( the nigerian school girls).

and yet this thread seems to get a disproportionate amount of attention.
again -g ood exmaple of the power of propaganda

Perhaps its a reaction of the injustice that happened with the Palestinians by dividing their land into two pieces for those who migrated (not trying to be rude, but this is a fact). Plus, you may want to consider the situation under those Palestinians are living in Israel. For example, the 2004 U.S. State Department Country Reports on Human Rights Practices shows that:

- "Israeli-Arab organizations have challenged as discriminatory the 1996 "Master Plan for the Northern Areas of Israel," which listed as priority goals increasing the Galilee's Jewish population and blocking the territorial contiguity of Arab towns."

-"Israeli Arabs were not required to perform mandatory military service and, in practice, only a small percentage of Israeli Arabs served in the military. Those who did not serve in the army had less access than other citizens to social and economic benefits for which military service was a prerequisite or an advantage, such as housing, new-household subsidies, and employment, especially government or security-related industrial employment."

-"According to a 2003 University of Haifa study, a tendency existed to impose heavier prison terms to Arab citizens than to Jewish citizens. Human rights advocates claimed that Arab citizens were more likely to be convicted of murder and to have been denied bail."

These are just a few circumstances under which Palestinians in Israel are living and this far from peace and equality.
What if the residents of England had claimed that land with dodgy reasoning and made several attempts to absorb Scotland into itself?

england have already done that many centuries ago.

however on this basis palestine is simply a state that the british decided upon creating, as they decided upon a country called iraq, saudi arabia, syria and indeed, israel
Original post by katbob
I think you posted in my thread too.

Youre pro Israel?

I'm assuming you're Jewish youreslf? :smile:

yes im jewish and yes im pro israel :smile: are you jewish?
Mass protest being held in London and across the UK on Saturday 19th July:

http://stopwar.org.uk/events/national-gaza-demonstration-saturday-19-july-stop-the-killing-stop-the-bombing#.U8VVxrHZcYL

I encourage you all to partake in it, whichever side you seem to agree with more, the current onslaught is not helping and awareness needs to be raised on the effect it is currently having upon civilians on both sides whether mentally and/or physically.

Latest

Trending

Trending