The Student Room Group

Guys: Would you ever approach a pretty girl who wears a hijab?

Scroll to see replies

wut

no
Original post by cem101
wow, clearly as a muslim you've never read the quran, pleas eco so before talking. the quran doesn't say anything about how you should 'uglyfy' but it says a woman should cover up anything which could appeal to men. this is why you cover up.

As a muslim Hijab wearing girl , your posts some what surprise me.

You seem to think that women wear the Hijab/dress modestly to not 'provoke' or 'attract' men and frankly that is part of the truth . But then that takes the hijab wearing woman out of perspective . She isn't an object that wants to just veil herself , but a woman who wishes not to flaunt everything; the keyword being woman. Personally , I feel like I can convey myself to people the way I wish to be perceived by my speech and actions rather than my body and hair .

Also , you seem to be insinuating that women who wear the hijab are oppressed or outdated but frankly the hijab couldn't be more relevant to today's society . Women's bodies are used to sell every product in the market , their virginity has little or no value, and most woman's physical appearance is given way more value than her intellect or personality. So when a woman comes along and chooses to cover herself up , its not to create a barrier between herself and the world , but to be the one who chooses which part of her she wants to be judged for .

Personally , I'd rather find a partner with my hijab in tact , as they will fall in love with me , and not be blinded by lust over my body . Then , when you truly know that person and you know they're committed to you (marriage) you reveal yourself .

Basically : lust after love , not love after lust .
Original post by Whatisanerdeven?
As a muslim Hijab wearing girl , your posts some what surprise me.

You seem to think that women wear the Hijab/dress modestly to not 'provoke' or 'attract' men and frankly that is part of the truth . But then that takes the hijab wearing woman out of perspective . She isn't an object that wants to just veil herself , but a woman who wishes not to flaunt everything; the keyword being woman. Personally , I feel like I can convey myself to people the way I wish to be perceived by my speech and actions rather than my body and hair .

Also , you seem to be insinuating that women who wear the hijab are oppressed or outdated but frankly the hijab couldn't be more relevant to today's society . Women's bodies are used to sell every product in the market , their virginity has little or no value, and most woman's physical appearance is given way more value than her intellect or personality. So when a woman comes along and chooses to cover herself up , its not to create a barrier between herself and the world , but to be the one who chooses which part of her she wants to be judged for .

Personally , I'd rather find a partner with my hijab in tact , as they will fall in love with me , and not be blinded by lust over my body . Then , when you truly know that person and you know they're committed to you (marriage) you reveal yourself .

Basically : lust after love , not love after lust .

most of your points are fair, but it still doesn't hide the fact that the original purpose of the hijab and women closing up in general is because men want them to so that they don't lust, its not women who out of the blue said hey lets cover up so that we get judged on other things.
Reply 563
Ive been watching most of this thread, and its pretty amusing!
This colbiat guy is either a troll whos got plenty of time on his hands or just a weirdo:eek:
Original post by cobalion955
im not a ****ing troll

lol you evidently are. why are you swearing in the holy month of ramadhan?
Original post by Kabulkid
lool, you are one of the best trolls i've seen, seriously 9.5/10. you played the long game, making it sound relatively realistic then you just went ham lol, i can say that i've enjoyed reading your posts and you have truly inspired me to step up my trolling game.

/thread

So I was right, you are a troll! :lol:
Original post by Biryani007
So I was right, you are a troll! :lol:

I think to an extent we are all trolls on the internet. Why are you hating on me lol? all of your posts (towards me) have been relatively insulting.. why can't we be friends? we might get married one day you never know. :colone::colone:
I think to an extent we are all trolls on the internet. Why are you hating on me lol? all of your posts (towards me) have been relatively insulting.. why can't we be friends? we might get married one day you never know. :colone::colone:

just forget about it. delete me now mods!
just forget about it. delete me now mods!

umad?

tbh if you aren't a troll, i hope this girl says no to you cos you're a creep.
umad?

tbh if you aren't a troll, i hope this girl says no to you cos you're a creep.

**** u shel say yes!!!
**** u shel say yes!!!

Lol okay man. You're probably really ugly in real life also. Life must suck for you :tongue:
****ing deleted fuxk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol okay man. You're probably really ugly in real life also. Life must suck for you :tongue:

Im ****ing laughing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im ****ing laughing

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol seriously though, trolling game on this thread is strong. keep this up lol, i actually admire you.
Original post by cem101
most of your points are fair, but it still doesn't hide the fact that the original purpose of the hijab and women closing up in general is because men want them to so that they don't lust, its not women who out of the blue said hey lets cover up so that we get judged on other things.

That's precisly what I'm saying. The point of it IS to stop men lusting after them enough so they can actually appreciate the other aspects of the person. Islam is a realistic religion. Men will be driven by a woman's beauty (initially) and woman are easily wooed . Just because it's encouraged by the religion doesn't mean that a Muslim woman choosing me hijab means she's submitting to a man. She's submitting to what she feels is the right thing to do.

Is there any point of a woman saying , right I'm going to flaunt my body but men aren't allowed to look because they should control themselves?

It's like screaming "hey everyone look at my boobs" and expecting nobody to turn around and look.

However, after saying all that I do understand your point of veiw but I'm telling you , if you properly knew a few hijab wearing women your opinions would change.

Ok, I'm done .
Original post by Whatisanerdeven?
That's precisly what I'm saying. The point of it IS to stop men lusting after them enough so they can actually appreciate the other aspects of the person. Islam is a realistic religion. Men will be driven by a woman's beauty (initially) and woman are easily wooed . Just because it's encouraged by the religion doesn't mean that a Muslim woman choosing me hijab means she's submitting to a man. She's submitting to what she feels is the right thing to do.

Is there any point of a woman saying , right I'm going to flaunt my body but men aren't allowed to look because they should control themselves?

It's like screaming "hey everyone look at my boobs" and expecting nobody to turn around and look.

However, after saying all that I do understand your point of veiw but I'm telling you , if you properly knew a few hijab wearing women your opinions would change.

Ok, I'm done .

****fuk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao oh goodness, you don't want to marry me. You haven't even seen me aha, trust me I'm like a 2/10 :cry2:
Erm, does the OP mean to be asked out on a date? Because if so, then i'm sorry but i think this thread is really stupid. Doesn't being approached go against the purpose of a hijab? If you wear one, why would you want to be approached? (unless you're forced to wear one, which is a different story)
Original post by Biryani007
Lmao oh goodness, you don't want to marry me. You haven't even seen me aha, trust me I'm like a 2/10 :cry2:

u said u were a 5 before now a 2? cmon girl get your **** together! you got a pic? I wunna be the judge of how good looking you are to me lol. different guys have different preferences.
Reply 579
No marriage before sex!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending