The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katbob
I think you posted in my thread too.

Youre pro Israel?

I'm assuming you're Jewish youreslf? :smile:

i am neither pro israeli nor jewsih (im actually pro a 2 state solution)

however i am anti islamist agendas
Original post by Jammy Duel
What if the residents of England had claimed that land with dodgy reasoning and made several attempts to absorb Scotland into itself?

you dont answer my questions because your logic is flawed and you have nothing with clout left to say. Your reasoning is foolish
Original post by Meenglishnogood
england have already done that many centuries ago.

Via the Acts of Union (1706 for Scotland, 1707 for England). It's a union, not an occupation, hence why it's the "UNITED Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" and not just "England"

however on this basis palestine is simply a state that the british decided upon creating, as they decided upon a country called iraq, saudi arabia, syria and indeed, israel

But that wasn't good enough for them, they wanted they wanted the Arab state too, and any other parts of Palestine they could get their hands on.
jsut so you understand i dont listen to any propaganda, be it israeli or islamic
in fact i dont really pay that much artention to the confilct, apart form the news reports when they come up. i have always wondered why muslims int he uk are so obsessed with this conflict when it really has nothing to do with them. there is for example a conflict gogin on much closer, in europe ( ukraine) whcih i dont beleive you have ever commented on, there are more significant number of casualites than in gaza, such as CAR conflcit, bigger one - off attrocities, like the boko haram and al-shabab attacks, and indeed beiiger cases of kidnapping ( the nigerian school girls).

and yet this thread seems to get a disproportionate amount of attention.
again -g ood exmaple of the power of propaganda

I believe Muslims are a lot closer to the Palestinians than the Ukrainians. Also, the aggression shown by the Israeli is one of arrogance and genuine subjugation and oppression of the Palestinian people for the last 80 odd years.

Oh, and look at this beautiful sunrise picture from Gaza:

Sorry, it actually turns out that it was an Israeli artillery shell...
Reply 504
Original post by gideon123
yes im jewish and yes im pro israel :smile: are you jewish?

So you believe that Palestine is the holy land?! That needs to belong back in the hands of the Jews so we can have our own state?! :smile:
you dont answer my questions because your logic is flawed and you have nothing with clout left to say. Your reasoning is foolish

So you want me to answer your question, but when I ask for the question you just dodge giving it?
And can you not handle a simple Reductio ad Absurdum?
And if you reject logic as foolish how can you possibly use your computer?
(edited 9 years ago)
Via the Acts of Union (1706 for Scotland, 1707 for England). It's a union, not an occupation, hence why it's the "UNITED Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" and not just "England"

But that wasn't good enough for them, they wanted they wanted the Arab state too, and any other parts of Palestine they could get their hands on.

thats again debatable, if we are gogin into an indepth debate as to where all the borders where ( ive no intention to btw) however modern israel is made up of the result of various attmpts by arab countries to invade israel and subsequently defeats. golan heights etc where all spoils of winning those wars. essentially the arabs wanted to bring it down to a matter of militarily strongest holds the aces - and it turned out israel was the strongest, by far.
Original post by katbob
So you believe that Palestine is the holy land?! That needs to belong back in the hands of the Jews so we can have our own state?! :smile:

What?...i believe that the sensible way forward would be for a jewish state and a palestinian state where they have mutual respect and acknowlegement for one another where peace could be upheld. However this is a far cry and peace is not happening because islamic extremists preach death to the jews and want to wipe israel off the map...so how can peace be obtained...they would just use the land to attack israel with more rockets...terrorists can never be reasoned with and i think israel should have no mercy on terrorists...they are the cause of palestinian civillian deaths
Israel is wrong, Palestine is right. End of.
Warning: Not for the faint hearted:

Spoiler

Original post by tsr1269
I believe Muslims are a lot closer to the Palestinians than the Ukrainians. Also, the aggression shown by the Israeli is one of arrogance and genuine subjugation and oppression of the Palestinian people for the last 80 odd years.

but why do you think that - palestine is in an entrielty differnt continent, whereas the urkanians are european like you? you are not ethnically palestinan either, i doubt you have any heritage form there ( if you do youd be the minority of people posting on this thread) if its a matter of religion, again id question the sanity - most muslims in the uk are of asian heritage, and therfore only muslims becuase at some point in histroy the muslims of middle east or perhaps mongols onvaded and defeated your ancestors in war. the jews didnt colonise you, so your dislike for them is illogical.

the obsession wit the palestine conflcit is complelty illogical- the numbers of casualties pale in comparision to something like conflicts of the past in say, east timor, or rwanda, sierra leone. the only explaination is that islamic propaganda has brainwashed you to think its the most important conflict on the planet.
thats again debatable, if we are gogin into an indepth debate as to where all the borders where ( ive no intention to btw) however modern israel is made up of the result of various attmpts by arab countries to invade israel and subsequently defeats. golan heights etc where all spoils of winning those wars. essentially the arabs wanted to bring it down to a matter of militarily strongest holds the aces - and it turned out israel was the strongest, by far.

Since I looked up the original boarders, here they are:

One could go on to argue offensive vs defensive war. They were clearly defensive wars, didn't stop them going on a massive offensive to get that land they always wanted. And to this day I still don't understand quite how the Arabs could **** up so badly :tongue:
So you want me to answer your question, but when I ask for the question you just dodge giving it?
And can you not handle a simple Reductio ad Absurdum?
And if you reject logic as foolish how can you possibly use your computer?

What is his/her question? Is it that if Palestinians can live peacefully in Israel, why can't Israelis in the West Bank? If so, I already kind of gave an answer because before coming to a conclusion that "Palestinians are living peacefully in Israel", one must look at the circumstances they're living under which I posted before as well.
Original post by nuzalzilu
Uthrab Uthrab Tal Habib. Verily the zionists must may for their transgressions and land thieving. And when you ask them (filthy zionists) to not cause mischief in the land, they will say we are peacemakers. Verily the zionists must be put to the sword. Just like Germany had to be denazified, Palestine must be dezionified, zionist blood must flow in the streets of Palestine for there to be liberation from the filth, no compromise no negotiation, slay all zionist filth, it is a cancer on humanity.

scum like you can never be reasoned with. you try to talk of the demise of the nazis and relate it to the demise of the zionists. this is antisematism at its finest
Original post by Maliha Ahmed
What is his/her question? Is it that if Palestinians can live peacefully in Israel, why can't Israelis in the West Bank? If so, I already kind of gave an answer because before coming to a conclusion that "Palestinians are living peacefully in Israel", one must look at the circumstances they're living under which I posted before as well.

I can't remember, hence why I was asking for it reiterating. Either way, they seem to have no understanding of the situation, nor do they want to believe in logic argument.
If you go back a few pages you could probably find a poorly worded question without a question mark or something.
scum like you can never be reasoned with. you try to talk of the demise of the nazis and relate it to the demise of the zionists. this is antisematism at its finest*plays ad hominem race card*

Please, just stop now.
but why do you think that - palestine is in an entrielty differnt continent, whereas the urkanians are european like you? you are not ethnically palestinan either, i doubt you have any heritage form there ( if you do youd be the minority of people posting on this thread) if its a matter of religion, again id question the sanity - most muslims in the uk are of asian heritage, and therfore only muslims becuase at some point in histroy the muslims of middle east or perhaps mongols onvaded and defeated your ancestors in war. the jews didnt colonise you, so your dislike for them is illogical.

Please do not ever presume to know me.

the obsession wit the palestine conflcit is complelty illogical- the numbers of casualties pale in comparision to something like conflicts of the past in say, east timor, or rwanda, sierra leone. the only explaination is that islamic propaganda has brainwashed you to think its the most important conflict on the planet.

Given the fact that it affects nearly 4 billion people directly, I'd say that it is not only important, but the "most important conflict on the Planet"...

Oh, in other news, the Israeli Consulate in Istanbul has gotten it's windows smashed up:

I expected a response like this from a Muslim nation but even I was suprised when it was Turkey.
Since I looked up the original boarders, here they are:

One could go on to argue offensive vs defensive war. They were clearly defensive wars, didn't stop them going on a massive offensive to get that land they always wanted. And to this day I still don't understand quite how the Arabs could **** up so badly :tongue:

no these are the borders of the original mandate for partition dicussed by UN, it was not implemented when UK terminated its mandate later. like i s aid im not going into whats a compicated point of history, jsut wanted to highlight the level of ignorance many people have on the background issues. the whole matter anyway becuase defunct when A israel declared itself a state and received support and then the other arab states then attempted to wipe it off the map.

im not talking about sitting round a table discussing borders, becuase at this point, islamists will not allow that to happen. till islamsits are defeat that stage can never happen
Please, just stop now.

stop what? perhaps its you that needs to stop your hating of jews

Jews didn't colonise us, however them killing innocent humans, including children and young women is wrong. It cannot be justified whatsoever.

Wrong! Not Islamic propaganda, we have not turned our backs and closed eyes to see the injustice happening with Palestinians. It is indeed a very important issue because its concerned with humanity, its the killing of innocent humans.

Latest

Trending

Trending