The Student Room Group

do you care what others think of you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Secretnerd123
Its never a good idea to be very open about everything. Some things are just better kept to yourself :smile:

No ****ing laughing

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did he do?

I was at the mosque, at the back away from where they were praying and replying to an email, and he just approaches me snatches my phone out my hand and tells me the mosque is for praying and then said if I wanted to play on my phone I should leave and pointed to the door.
So I took my phone off him, and told him to go **** himself.

I don't see what I was doing wrong, I was practically outside the mosque, I was right at the back, what I was doing wasn't affecting anyone so I didn't see what his problem was. There was no need for him to be so rude to me so I replied in the manner that I thought was appropriate.
Its never a good idea to be very open about everything. Some things are just better kept to yourself :smile:

Why?

I don't care what people know about me. If everybody knows that same thing they can make a better decision about me with no worries I might not be the person i seem.
Original post by DiddyDec
Why?

I don't care what people know about me. If everybody knows that same thing they can make a better decision about me with no worries I might not be the person i seem.

Abit of mystery is always good and plus nobody can trust you with their own secrets if you open up to people about everything in your life.
Nope, as long as I'm happy with myself then I'm not fussed what other people think. :tongue:
I do try and be a nice person but you just have to accept whatever you do there will always be someone that doesn't like you or something about you for whatever reason. :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, way too much.
Original post by TSA
I was at the mosque, at the back away from where they were praying and replying to an email, and he just approaches me snatches my phone out my hand and tells me the mosque is for praying and then said if I wanted to play on my phone I should leave and pointed to the door.
So I took my phone off him, and told him to go **** himself.

I don't see what I was doing wrong, I was practically outside the mosque, I was right at the back, what I was doing wasn't affecting anyone so I didn't see what his problem was. There was no need for him to be so rude to me so I replied in the manner that I thought was appropriate.

Yeah some older people are just strict about using phones in mosques. You shouldn't have reacted like that and swore at him imo. You weren't really outside were you? Anyway, what he did was also abit far fetched. It's not haram to use phones in mosques (unless you're praying and believe it or not but i've heard stories of people picking up the phone mid salah wth :facepalm2: )
Abit of mystery is always good and plus nobody can trust you with their own secrets if you open up to people about everything in your life.

Actually you would be surprised. People are more likely to open if they have seen that you have had similar problems and have overcome them. They will come to you for advice because you have already resolved that issue in your own life.

I have a plethora a topics I can help people with.
I gave up caring a long time ago

I'm very outgoing though, so getting people to like me doesn't tend to be an issue haha
Na not really. But a little
Actually you would be surprised. People are more likely to open if they have seen that you have had similar problems and have overcome them. They will come to you for advice because you have already resolved that issue in your own life.

I have a plethora a topics I can help people with.

So if you were in a relationship, you'd tell the whole world about your problems and such?
Original post by xOHarriet
I gave up caring a long time ago

I'm very outgoing though, so getting people to like me doesn't tend to be an issue haha

Same lol. I've been told im a likeable person :tongue:
So if you were in a relationship, you'd tell the whole world about your problems and such?

That is a different matter. My past experiences are open for the world to see. However I don't do relationships, because I have commitment issues.

But hypothetically, I probably would. As long as the other party in the relationship consented. You see a relationship takes both parties to consent because otherwise it would be unfair on the other person if they did not want that information to be shared. Much as when someone opens up to me. I will not share their information unless they have given me express permission.
That is a different matter. My past experiences are open for the world to see. However I don't do relationships, because I have commitment issues.

But hypothetically, I probably would. As long as the other party in the relationship consented. You see a relationship takes both parties to consent because otherwise it would be unfair on the other person if they did not want that information to be shared. Much as when someone opens up to me. I will not share their information unless they have given me express permission.

Well thats good then
Yeah some older people are just strict about using phones in mosques. You shouldn't have reacted like that and swore at him imo. You weren't really outside were you? Anyway, what he did was also abit far fetched. It's not haram to use phones in mosques (unless you're praying and believe it or not but i've heard stories of people picking up the phone mid salah wth :facepalm2: )

It wouldn't have made a difference. I was standing like a inch away from where you put your shoes. So I was pretty much at the entrance anyway. I reacted in the same way he reacted to me, with a completely uncalled for reaction.

In my experience the majority of old people I've met seem to think the world owes them some respect for no other reason than because they've been alive for a while.
no i dont care wat other people think of me
Reply 36
Yeah I actually do... But I always try to be myself!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by themanwithaplanb
no i dont care wat other people think of me

Then why post pics of yourself every week and seek validation from strangers?
I think everyone cares to a certain extent. It's just about whether you care too much. I think I do care a bit too much about what people think, but like you I'm starting to learn to stop caring as much and to stop overanalysing everything. I'm too analytical for my own good lol
Reply 39
Then why post pics of yourself every week and seek validation from strangers?

OMG yassss exactly what I was thinking!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest