The Student Room Group

do you care what others think of you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Secretnerd123
Then why post pics of yourself every week and seek validation from strangers?

i dont know. i guess i know the truth. but i dont want to admit it. i hope somehow the truth will change, but everytime i do a thread like that i get the answer the i didnt want to get.
Original post by themanwithaplanb
i dont know. i guess i know the truth. but i dont want to admit it. i hope somehow the truth will change, but everytime i do a thread like that i get the answer the i didnt want to get.

Is that guy actually you? Be honest
.i don't care . like it's nice to know you are generally liked . but apart from that i do whatever ii want
Is that guy actually you? Be honest

yes.
yes.

You're not bad looking at all. Just have more confidence in yourself
Yeah, old people can be a nightmare sometimes but grit your teeth and just try to have mercy on them :smile:

Original post by TSA
It wouldn't have made a difference. I was standing like a inch away from where you put your shoes. So I was pretty much at the entrance anyway. I reacted in the same way he reacted to me, with a completely uncalled for reaction.

In my experience the majority of old people I've met seem to think the world owes them some respect for no other reason than because they've been alive for a while.
You're not bad looking at all. Just have more confidence in yourself

just tell me the truth. not bad looking means nothing
just tell me the truth. not bad looking means nothing

You're good looking but your lack of confidence brings you down so 6/10.
You're good looking but your lack of confidence brings you down so 6/10.

who says i lack confidence

C'mon now.
C'mon now.

hmmm. is that u in ur avatar
Yes, greatly, but to a lesser extent than I used to. I hope this trajectory of caring less and less about what other people think of me will continue as I get older :smile:

Come on dude, it's obvious you are insecure about your looks. Half of the people were giving you 0/10 because they thought that you were trolling. At the end of the day, I think you're pretty average, like most people. You want to be really attractive, so do I, and so do probably most people our age. Wish I could offer you a simple way to get over it but I haven't quite gotten over it myself QQ
Original post by InternetGangster
Come on dude, it's obvious you are insecure about your looks. Half of the people were giving you 0/10 because they thought that you were trolling. At the end of the day, I think you're pretty average, like most people. You want to be really attractive, so do I, and so do probably most people our age. Wish I could offer you a simple way to get over it but I haven't quite gotten over it myself QQ

really? i thought they were just the only ones ballsy enough to say the truth. and thanks, average is fine i guess, but yeah we all want to be above average. how are you feeling about it man? im sure you are a handsome man, and chicks dig internet gangstas anyway lol
Reply 54
in theory, no. realistically, probably
Reply 55
To quote Michael Scott,

"Do I need to be liked? Absolutely not. I like to be liked. I enjoy being liked. I have to be liked. But it's not like this compulsive need to be liked, like my need to be praised."
Show me the money and I will care what you think else couldn't give a damn.
I used to care, so much so that I didn't ever say anything that I thought people wouldn't approve of. Slowly I got more confident and apparently gave off a pretty arrogant persona. Now I just don't care but I don't think I give off an arrogant persona any more. I think I changed for the better
Reply 58
Original post by Vixen47
In short: No.

What others think of me isn't what they really think of me -- it's what they think they think of me. In some cases (i.e. those where family and friends are concerned) I control what a person thinks of me. No one knows about my past experiences and what kind of an effect they've had on me. They don't know my present thoughts and the kind of hell they put me through. I love it when a person has a preconceived opinion on me because it means they're that much further from the truth.

I think like this too..
And honestly i always.wonder what people think of me when i meet them.. not because im trying to give them a false picture of who i am or anything.. just to see how they really feel and think about me.. most people find me.stuck up and.a bitch and thats completely fine.. :tongue:
I mean seriously who gives a rat ass about what others think.. ur awesome and u should know that...
Reply 59
really? i thought they were just the only ones ballsy enough to say the truth. and thanks, average is fine i guess, but yeah we all want to be above average. how are you feeling about it man? im sure you are a handsome man, and chicks dig internet gangstas anyway lol

I dont know why people are conscious about the way they look or whatever.. God made you special in someones eyes and they will.find you when the time is.right why even care what the other half % have.to say...
Smile bright you must be good.. even though i havent seen you, i believe everyone is pretty..

Quick Reply

Latest