The Student Room Group

Dumped by a bangladeshi guy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Feelgood123
Even more reason.

how did her parents react to this.

i want to move on am already speaking with someone else. I hope my past will not ruin my future.

I was shocked to see that they were very backward, i was not expecting it at all. Being bought up by parents who judge people as human beings and not by their ethnicity.

i had an easy escape god has been kind to me.

Well her parents had advised her not to go for him because the parents had met up and they thought his parents weren't sure about the marriage (esp the mother) and didn't quite agree with it. But he was very adamant that he'd help her get through it, that they'd be fine and that he loved her lots and only wanted to marry her. He must have been quite firm at the beginning though for the marriage to even happen. My friend's parents are really open in terms of marrying outside of the race/culture (her brother's married to a black girl) so they weren't a problem it was his parents. After they were married the mother, sisters and sister-in-laws basically made her life a misery, they'd criticise everything she did and he wouldn't do anything. He was too scared to side with her in front of his family but when they were alone he would apologise and say everything will be fine. She coped with it for a few months but then she couldn't take it so they got divorced..
I feel so bad for her aswell, she's such a nice girl and super gorgeous!
They would tell her to cook Bengali dishes without showing her how, so she'd have to search for recipes and spend hours in the kitchen only for them to say bad things about what she'd made and not eat it :/
Original post by Kabulkid
im afghan, my mum tells me that she won't accept anyone that isn't afghan, i don't like it but i honour it because shes my mum and she means the world to me.

Kabipul kid i respect that. Your mum communicates to you. She has told you, so you know ans will not lead someone else on.

we were together for so long, and in all this he dropped hints, but she never said no you cant go with that kind.

i use to give him pakistani food to take home and eat all the time. He tried to tell her many times to find out how she would react, but she didnt want to discuss things.

when she met me she asked him, why didnt you tell me, he responded everytime i tried you didnt want to discuss it.
Kabipul kid i respect that. Your mum communicates to you. She has told you, so you know ans will not lead someone else on.

we were together for so long, and in all this he dropped hints, but she never said no you cant go with that kind.

i use to give him pakistani food to take home and eat all the time. He tried to tell her many times to find out how she would react, but she didnt want to discuss things.

when she met me she asked him, why didnt you tell me, he responded everytime i tried you didnt want to discuss it.

are you still in contact with him?
Original post by matthewduncan
You should find yourself a pakistani boy to marry tbh
When it comes to marriage Interracial marriages rarely last.

I have and its going well.

Hopefully it will end in marriage soon.

as i already bought my wedding outfit for my ex so really need to use it before it stops fitting me.
Original post by Biryani007
Well her parents had advised her not to go for him because the parents had met up and they thought his parents weren't sure about the marriage (esp the mother) and didn't quite agree with it. But he was very adamant that he'd help her get through it, that they'd be fine and that he loved her lots and only wanted to marry her. He must have been quite firm at the beginning though for the marriage to even happen. My friend's parents are really open in terms of marrying outside of the race/culture (her brother's married to a black girl) so they weren't a problem it was his parents. After they were married the mother, sisters and sister-in-laws basically made her life a misery, they'd criticise everything she did and he wouldn't do anything. He was too scared to side with her in front of his family but when they were alone he would apologise and say everything will be fine. She coped with it for a few months but then she couldn't take it so they got divorced..
I feel so bad for her aswell, she's such a nice girl and super gorgeous!
They would tell her to cook Bengali dishes without showing her how, so she'd have to search for recipes and spend hours in the kitchen only for them to say bad things about what she'd made and not eat it :/

thanks for sharing this, its great to hear what the end result would have been. I wouldnt have been so nice, if they had treated me like that.

they got a lucky escape with me out the way.
Original post by Kabulkid
are you still in contact with him?

He called me, but i didnt say much.

i want to move on. I dont want him anymore.
thanks for sharing this, its great to hear what the end result would have been. I wouldnt have been so nice, if they had treated me like that.

Hows it gone sonce the divorce? Does he still want her or they mutually agreed. It really angers me.

I would love hear more can you pm me?
He called me, but i didnt say much.

i want to move on. I dont want him anymore.

I guess we all have to move on at one point, maybe from now on just go for guys from the same country as you? I know it's not something ideal but it saves a lot of hassle.
Ok so any update. We met up today as i wanted a couple of things back.

he was crying his eyes out and begging.

I said i'll think about it just to shut him up.

no going back though.
Reply 130

no going back though.

tell him to man up and **** off, he will keep begging you, the best thing to do is cut all contact

no going back though.

yeah just leave it imo.
Ok long story short, im pakistani girl that wanted to marry a bengali guy.

I was due to get married to a bengali guy, who was very confident that his parents would approve of the marriage, however it turns out they don't.
The whole time 6 years, we've been seeing each other, he was very distant from his family, and his parents treated him quite bad, anyways i stood by him through thick and thin.

I was hoping he would stand up for me, but it seems like he has changed, and would rather his parents fix his marriage rather than the hassle in the long term.

I don't understand why when pakistani guys get married to bengali girls things are fine, plus both parties stick up for each other- correct me if im wrong, but i have seen a few cases.

What i'm trying to say is, are bengali guys that weak they can't stand up for themselves.

P.s we bought a house, so even without his parent approval we could have done our own thing.

I feel he will come begging after he realises, but it will be tool late by then.

Has this happened to anyone else? Its been a month and still not heard from him. Cannot believe someone can dump you just like that. Anyway lesson learnt the hard way.

feeling sad for u, but i dnt understand y he did tht. he shd atleast think wht will be your condition aftr suffring ths. but time heals everything... dnt let ur self down and learn frm it
Dw. There are plenty more fish in the sea:tongue:

I hope u find someone who cares about u.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 134
Original post by Fas
why would you want to be with a bangladeshi guy? they stink of curry so much i swear they have curry penises. like no word of a lie. your baby will just be chicken curry. you will release chicken curry from thas vagina. you have been warned.

WTF? :lolwut:
Reply 135
Original post by Roger1
WTF? :lolwut:

:yikes:
Reply 136

no going back though.

Don't fall for the tears.
Reply 137
Seriously you have had a lucky escape, if he can’t stand up for u know how would he be like after marriage. I’m Pakistani and speaking from my own experience, I found Bengali families are not very forthcoming towards Pakistanis. At the end they stick there own tight nit community no matter how open minded they claim they are. Find yourself a Pakistani guy will be much easier. Inshallah
Reply 138
Hey,

Sounds like he’s a total loser, wasting six years of your life and then had no confidence in taking responsibility. Think you had a lucky escape, I understand where you are coming from with Pakistani families being more excepting towards other cultures, I find that very common too speaking from experience. It’s prob best if you find yourself a Pakistani guy at least he won’t be a wimp. Lol all the best.
Original post by Lady22
Hey,

Sounds like he’s a total loser, wasting six years of your life and then had no confidence in taking responsibility. Think you had a lucky escape, I understand where you are coming from with Pakistani families being more excepting towards other cultures, I find that very common too speaking from experience. It’s prob best if you find yourself a Pakistani guy at least he won’t be a wimp. Lol all the best.

its 4 years old you nonce

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending