The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tehFrance
Are you sure you're wealthy? I ask as you appear to have been sent to an absolutely **** school for your English studies, no doubt some backwater dump in Africa?

If you're in London, you'll be considered poor. I personally had a house bought for me, a couple of cars and a motorbike as well as MacBook and iPhone. I also had a Centurion AMEX (secondary cardholder). A BMW is a poor persons car, might I suggest a Bugatti instead?

If you want to be considered rich in London, you need property starting at £5 million, a chauffeured car or two and plenty of capital left over for holidays/investments/partying etc.

Good luck at uni, you'll need it :h:

haha talk about a student of first year mate.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by pinejuice
as long as you dont boast about what you have you should be fine :smile:

I hope so but doesn't look like it would be the case even if stay quiet all the time as there will always be students hating me in disguise. I just feel like this.
Original post by redferry
Don't worry, there's plenty of stinking rich upper class English students in the University system for you to make friends with!

I would be friend with anybody who wants to be friend with me, not just upper class.
Does it matter if he is rich or not?
If you're a good person, that is all that matters.

:wavey:
Reply 104
Original post by krazy prince
I would be friend with anybody who wants to be friend with me, not just upper class.

Why would anyone want to be a friend of a :troll:?

Seriously, get a hobby than this. Perhaps actually make some money instead of pretending you're someone you're not.
Don't feed the troll.

I found at Uni I struggled to find much in common with the rich kids. People tend to hang out with people they have more in common with, so you probably will end up with a similar group of friends to you in terms of wealth.
Original post by I Procrastinate
Does it matter if he is rich or not?
If you're a good person, that is all that matters.

:wavey:

But I think I'll have to be extra good to be said as good even.
Original post by Quady
Why would anyone want to be a friend of a :troll:?

Seriously, get a hobby than this. Perhaps actually make some money instead of pretending you're someone you're not.

Haha I find people like you alot funny.
Damn son, do your parents own an oil company
I found at Uni I struggled to find much in common with the rich kids. People tend to hang out with people they have more in common with, so you probably will end up with a similar group of friends to you in terms of wealth.

It feels like they are forced to stay in the same class.
It feels like they are forced to stay in the same class.

Yes the UK is a very classist society where wealth inequality is soaring and increases year on year. You'll find that reflected in the culture when you get here I'm afraid.

Where are you from?
Reply 112
Haha I find people like you alot funny.

If a troll is skilled they can be funny.

You were mildly humourous...
Reply 113
Yes the UK is a very classist society where wealth inequality is soaring and increases year on year. You'll find that reflected in the culture when you get here I'm afraid.

Where are you from?

They are clearly from the UK...

You should know better RedFerry.
Original post by chukster97
Damn son, do your parents own an oil company

No the Mango, Zara jackets you wear are from my dad's company.

Where are you from?

Yeah I already sense it before arriving even. I am from Pakistan.
I have answered all the questions you asked in the thread before. Just for the class part, meet me someday then ( now I am being snobbish).

You are clearly a newly rich person. Hence, I don't want to see you :biggrin:

PS. I don't have time to read your rubbish :tongue:
Original post by Quady
They are clearly from the UK...

You should know better RedFerry.

Shhhh I'm playing along :wink:
Yeah I already sense it before arriving even. I am from Pakistan.

To be honest living in London you will be small fry compared to the ****er bankers etc here so you'll probably make a butt-tonne of friends.

Do people not hate you for being rich in Pakistan? Or do only rich people get to go to uni?
Reply 119
Shhhh I'm playing along :wink:

Pfft, they don't seem entertaining enough for that. *yawn*

Latest

Trending

Trending