The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by krazy prince
Yeah I already sense it before arriving even. I am from Pakistan.

KGS or LGS?
Original post by EmmaHalley
I don't know anyone who feels like you've said to international rich students? However, even though my parents have bought me a house and a mini and another car I don't go around bragging about be a rich student like you do. ( I'm not bragging I'm emphasising that having what you have isn't rare in the uk. Most of my friends have had cars and flats / houses bought for them). Maybe that's why you get the feeling people aren't so welcoming? I don't know, I just know people hate people bragging about what they have. It's not a nice trait.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's uncommon. However, people who have these things tend to be concentrated in particular areas, so the fact that your friends all have the same privileges you do isn't indicative of it being (even close to) the norm.
Reply 122
You are rich in money.... In my country, we are rich in language ....LOL........We speak at least 3 languages...........Not to be rude, but the money is not yours..it is from your parents....so nothing is special about it:smile:
Original post by universal_set
You are clearly a newly rich person. Hence, I don't want to see you :biggrin:

PS. I don't have time to read your rubbish :tongue:

Appreciate that even. Cheers !
Hello, I am an international student and am holding an offer from kings.
Before moving to UK this Sep, I wanted to know what pschy do UK students have for us and found it quite funny when I read the threads like what do rich international students think of us and they are spoiled etc.
Actually why I made this thread is so I can know why do u actually think we are spoiled or we are different from you when you yourself actually have a huge upper hand (fluent English) . I, before reading threads like this, thought that may be students would think down on me as I don't belong to their culture and dun know how the things go on there (though have visited UK many times as u would expect from a rich int student ;-) ) .
So to tell u about myself , yes I am one of those students who has latest macs, smartphones and my parents will buy me a flat and a BMW when I move there though in no way I think I will be bragging about it or think m better than u people and personally am a very down to earth person, this is the reason m leaving all this wealth n moving over there but still all these come with me where ever I'll move.
Thanks for reading this essay and please share Ur thoughts on why u think students with lots of moneyare not like u.

I will also be in Kings. Be my neighbour and pay my rent.

Why have you stopped replying all of a sudden? Is it due to the rolling blackout in Pakistan? :biggrin:
Original post by redferry
To be honest living in London you will be small fry compared to the ****er bankers etc here so you'll probably make a butt-tonne of friends.

Do people not hate you for being rich in Pakistan? Or do only rich people get to go to uni?

In Pakistan , I go to a decent school so mostly people belong to the same background. But generally students here do not dislike a person from a well off background as much as they do in UK, what I see from the posts.
Original post by Melon girl
I will also be in Kings. Be my neighbour and pay my rent.

Hahahaha.... I am sure that during his first semester, he will spend most of his time in calculating Pakistani rupees to pounds exchange rate :biggrin:
Original post by Daniel9510
Your parents are buying you a flat.

Lots of us are paying £9000 a year out of a loan, then, in my case £7,500 in loans and grants and probably a job just to pay rent and bills and get by.

When I leave University, I won't have a house or a flat, I'll be massively in debt, but have the skills to, in probably 3-4 year have myself comfortable in life.

When you leave University, you have a flat, you don't have bills, and you have a degree.

Why do I think students with lots of money are not like me, because you aren't. You have everything given to you on a silver plate.

We don't have a huge upper hand because we speak English, you chose to come to England, that's the norm, I wouldn't consider myself disadvantaged if I went to Holland for Uni, because I'd learn Dutch before I went as soon as I started planning to go there.

Why do people think your spoilt, because, without trying to be offensive, you are. Having your parents buy you a Mac and a flat makes you spoilt.

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/spoilt

Definition two, you've never had to work for anything.

Sorry if its blunt, but you asked the question

Dude 99% of Westerner's are spoilt including yourself. Tell me what proportion of African children get the education and opportunities you have been given. What have you done ahead of them to deserve such educational opportunities? Wealth is a spectrum and everyone falls on the spectrum somewhere. I see no point in judging those who happen to have fallen further up on the spectrum than you, when you have fallen onto the higher part of the spectrum than many others.
(edited 9 years ago)
Appreciate that even. Cheers !

Did you go to KGS or LGS or somewhere else?
In Pakistan , I go to a decent school so mostly people belong to the same background. But generally students here do not dislike a person from a well off background as much as they do in UK, what I see from the posts.

Maybe because in Pakistan people from less well off backgrounds dont get to go to Uni? I imagine poor people in Pakistan dont feel that great when they see you driving round in your BMW while they sift throiugh rubbish to make a living...
Original post by Daniel9510
Your parents are buying you a flat.

Lots of us are paying £9000 a year out of a loan, then, in my case £7,500 in loans and grants and probably a job just to pay rent and bills and get by.

When I leave University, I won't have a house or a flat, I'll be massively in debt, but have the skills to, in probably 3-4 year have myself comfortable in life.

When you leave University, you have a flat, you don't have bills, and you have a degree.

Why do I think students with lots of money are not like me, because you aren't. You have everything given to you on a silver plate.

We don't have a huge upper hand because we speak English, you chose to come to England, that's the norm, I wouldn't consider myself disadvantaged if I went to Holland for Uni, because I'd learn Dutch before I went as soon as I started planning to go there.

Why do people think your spoilt, because, without trying to be offensive, you are. Having your parents buy you a Mac and a flat makes you spoilt.

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/spoilt

Definition two, you've never had to work for anything.

Sorry if its blunt, but you asked the question

Jealousy alert. I wouldn't think someone spoilt because they were wealthy, don'y be so ridiculous. Just because you don't have it doesn't mean you can be rude to others.
Original post by redferry
Maybe because in Pakistan people from less well off backgrounds dont get to go to Uni? I imagine poor people in Pakistan dont feel that great when they see you driving round in your BMW while they sift throiugh rubbish to make a living...

:getmecoat:

Plus in UK, a sensible uni going student doesn't make an exhibition of his father's wealth :biggrin:
Original post by Doctor_Einstein
Dude 99% of Westerner's are spoilt including yourself. Tell me what proportion of African children get the education and opportunities you have been given. What have you done ahead of them to deserve such educational opportunities? Wealth is a spectrum and everyone falls on the spectrum somewhere. I see no point in judging those who happen to have fallen further up on the spectrum than you, when you have fallen onto the higher part of the spectrum than many others.

This
KGS or LGS?

LGS ,lol, how come do you know of them ?
Original post by tianqi
You are rich in money.... In my country, we are rich in language ....LOL........We speak at least 3 languages...........Not to be rude, but the money is not yours..it is from your parents....so nothing is special about it:smile:

That's the thing why I am moving actually.
LGS ,lol, how come do you know of them ?

Which branch? DHA, right?
Original post by TurboCretin
It's uncommon. However, people who have these things tend to be concentrated in particular areas, so the fact that your friends all have the same privileges you do isn't indicative of it being (even close to) the norm.

Means I have to stay in the people of the same background only ? Other students don't tend to accept me anyways.
Why have you stopped replying all of a sudden? Is it due to the rolling blackout in Pakistan? :biggrin:

Haha blackouts aren't for us. We have personal electricity generators here.(I was forced to be a prig now).
P.s I was sleeping.

Latest

Trending

Trending