The Student Room Group

GCSE Exams May-June 2014

How do you guys think the year was for exams overall?

Also, if you reference to a particular exam, it might be useful if you state the paper (calculator or non-calculator for maths or the UNIT) and the exam board so people can identify.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JayJay-C19
How do you guys think the year was for exams overall?

Also, if you reference to a particular exam, it might be useful if you state the paper (calculator or non-calculator for maths or the UNIT) and the exam board so people can identify.

Hoping for all A/A*s tho i will get a B in french... but guess what? :

Reply 2
Original post by Angelo12231
Hoping for all A/A*s tho i will get a B in french... but guess what? :

You're now awesome, okay
You're now awesome, okay

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4

Suddenly not so amazing.
Suddenly not so amazing.

haha... im sorry, it was my last one, how did you find lit and lang?, i did AQA.
Reply 6
They were fine, glad there over to be honest. AQA P2 was the hardest exam for me, however P1 and P3 were easy so im hoping the grade boundaries are in my favor.
Reply 7
Original post by FatmanO
They were fine, glad there over to be honest. AQA P2 was the hardest exam for me, however P1 and P3 were easy so im hoping the grade boundaries are in my favor.

YES P2 was vile.
Reply 8
haha... im sorry, it was my last one, how did you find lit and lang?, i did AQA.

I did Edexcel. I loved poetry, Language was fair and Literature: Prose was OK... x
YES P2 was vile.

I thought p2 was okay... I thought that b2 was harder

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by WriterOfWrongs
I thought p2 was okay... I thought that b2 was harder

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even my pal who gets straight A*'s in physics said P2 was hard. Everyone thought it was awful! B2 was excellent :') x
Even my pal who gets straight A*'s in physics said P2 was hard. Everyone thought it was awful! B2 was excellent :') x

funny how you're worrying when AQA has one of the lowest grade boundaries in exam history...
Reply 12
funny how you're worrying when AQA has one of the lowest grade boundaries in exam history...

That's irrelevant.

the whole first page on static electiricity had me sweating,.. so i started from the last question backwards
Reply 14
Original post by Famokhan
the whole first page on static electiricity had me sweating,.. so i started from the last question backwards

We all hated the one on momentum I thing it was, with the skateboard :s-smilie:
We all hated the one on momentum I thing it was, with the skateboard :s-smilie:

I had to stare at it for a while, then some physics videos came rushing to me and it suddenly clicked haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's irrelevant.

... how?
Reply 17
... how?

Because it's the difficulty of the questions. The grade boundaries only get lower by like one or two marks - it ends up not mattering.
Because it's the difficulty of the questions. The grade boundaries only get lower by like one or two marks - it ends up not mattering.

yeah but the grade boundaries are initially quite low right? I mean you could lose 15 marks and still bang an A*, or so i've been told :tongue:
Reply 19
yeah but the grade boundaries are initially quite low right? I mean you could lose 15 marks and still bang an A*, or so i've been told :tongue:

They're low but thats because the exams arent that easy... like last year, I felt they went really well, answered every question, knew everything and nope got like C/B grades. Ridiculous. It's 40-50 out of 60 for an A*

Quick Reply

Latest