The Student Room Group

Worst Year EVER for me so far!! No Job

The year started off okay I just finished a contract job and was offered a on going temp position there,I turned it down because i thought that the situation was not right (mainly to do with the management and how the employees are treated).One month later i got another temp position working as a project co-coordinator.I was given only 3 weeks to finish a set project,I knew three weeks was not going to be enough time and so did they.

So it is now the last day of the 3rd week and management requested for a report by mid day,during the report meeting I asked if I can get another week to complete it and they said 'alright'.I am getting ready to leave work and i see a email saying 'unfortunately we can't have you do another week.We will be having a current member of staff continuing where you left off'

In May I manged to get a interview for a Luxury Porter position I passed that then was invited to the assessment center,I thought I did great and so did the other people I was with.I got a email a few weeks later saying 'We regret to inform you that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. This role requires a specific set of skills and competencies and unfortunately your performance did not demonstrate these at this time.'
FFS

Now I have been out of work for almost 6 month,I have been applying for at least 100 jobs a week since then only to be getting rejections.I am not angry with how I got cut off last minute just annoyed how all of a sudden I am not getting any good responses from job application.Even when I do get 'you are currently being consisted' I wouldn't hear from them ever again.Sometimes I regret turning down that on going temp role,I should of just suck it up and put up with the management.Can't go out anywhere as i have no money to spend like that so i am locked away in my room continuously applying for jobs and its hurting my brain.Nothing can take away the fact that i am unemployed,I have tried doing some hobbies or mine even reading but i just cant relax like that.

Before all of this I could only ever get temp position that only last for a few weeks or months.

Sorry for the poor English presentation,I know i am all over the place with this but i just really don't know what to do any more.
Original post by Anonymous
The year started off okay I just finished a contract job and was offered a on going temp position there,I turned it down because i thought that the situation was not right (mainly to do with the management and how the employees are treated).One month later i got another temp position working as a project co-coordinator.I was given only 3 weeks to finish a set project,I knew three weeks was not going to be enough time and so did they.

So it is now the last day of the 3rd week and management requested for a report by mid day,during the report meeting I asked if I can get another week to complete it and they said 'alright'.I am getting ready to leave work and i see a email saying 'unfortunately we can't have you do another week.We will be having a current member of staff continuing where you left off'

In May I manged to get a interview for a Luxury Porter position I passed that then was invited to the assessment center,I thought I did great and so did the other people I was with.I got a email a few weeks later saying 'We regret to inform you that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. This role requires a specific set of skills and competencies and unfortunately your performance did not demonstrate these at this time.'
FFS

Now I have been out of work for almost 6 month,I have been applying for at least 100 jobs a week since then only to be getting rejections.I am not angry with how I got cut off last minute just annoyed how all of a sudden I am not getting any good responses from job application.Even when I do get 'you are currently being consisted' I wouldn't hear from them ever again.Sometimes I regret turning down that on going temp role,I should of just suck it up and put up with the management.Can't go out anywhere as i have no money to spend like that so i am locked away in my room continuously applying for jobs and its hurting my brain.Nothing can take away the fact that i am unemployed,I have tried doing some hobbies or mine even reading but i just cant relax like that.

Before all of this I could only ever get temp position that only last for a few weeks or months.

Sorry for the poor English presentation,I know i am all over the place with this but i just really don't know what to do any more.

what jobs were you applyng for ?

I have found that using a fake CV helps with the emotional rejection . I literally got the first one off google, and changed the name. Some employers even fell for it.
However this only works for basic kitchen/bar/shop jobs. not "real" jobs or careers obviously.
Reply 2
Original post by democracyforum
what jobs were you applyng for ?

I have found that using a fake CV helps with the emotional rejection . I literally got the first one off google, and changed the name. Some employers even fell for it.
However this only works for basic kitchen/bar/shop jobs. not "real" jobs or careers obviously.

Mainly office and admin roles.I may tried that just lie about everything at this rate.
Original post by Anonymous
Mainly office and admin roles.I may tried that just lie about everything at this rate.

I always felt rejected when I used a real CV that I wrote myself.
Reply 4
Original post by democracyforum
I always felt rejected when I used a real CV that I wrote myself.

Thanks for the help
Reply 5
BUMP
If you are sending out 100 applications for jobs you are genuinely qualified to do, you need to think about why you keep getting rejected. Maybe your CVs just aren't working?

Why don't you scale back the volume, pick seven jobs that interest you a little bit at least, do some research and aim to apply to one of those per day?

In the meantime, yes, take any job you are offered, it will look so much better on a CV. Everyone has to do boring jobs with crappy management from time to time.

Quick Reply

Latest