The Student Room Group

Theory test tomorrow.. few questions?

Okay, so I have my theory test tomorrow and I was just wondering what it's like when you actually get there? I know you sign in but do you wait in a room until it's time?

Also, you have 60 minutes for the multiple choice questions? What happens if you finish before then? It'll probably only take me 15 minutes :hmmmm2:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well you go in give your licence and paper part they book you in you sign some pad.
I went just 5 - 10 mins early and just waited a few minutes and they called me in, if you finish the questions early it would be a good idea to go through the questions and recheck your answers , after that you do the hazard perception and then go outside and get your results.
Good luck x
Reply 2
Well my test centre was just a small and slightly depressing waiting room with 2 computer rooms to the left and right

Took it a while ago now but from what I vaguely remember, once you get in tell them what time you booked for, then hand in your license + counterpart, sign on the little touch screen device, then they'll get you to empty your pockets and put your stuff in a locker

They'll call you to go in one of the computer rooms. The person who checks your provisional before you enter will explain everything pretty much so there's nothing really complicated about the process. Just wait your turn, once you get in, do the test, take the practice questions if necessary, but I didn't

If you finish in 15 mins, just go over your answers then move on to the hazard perception. That takes a little while longer than the multiple choice questions because the clips are pretty slow and you go through each one twice. Like I said, nothing majorly complicated. Once I finished I headed straight out and got my results within the next minute
Reply 3
I have a theory test on Saturday.. haven't even started practicing for it -.-
Reply 5
Original post by Abdul-Karim
I have a theory test on Saturday.. haven't even started practicing for it -.-

Aha ooh you better get practising :tongue:
Passed mine earlier :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Congrats :smile: now to do the practical.
Reply 7
Original post by Joeey009
Congrats :smile: now to do the practical.

Aha thanks, I know that's the hard part :tongue:
Original post by corax

Posted from TSR Mobile

Passed it (..just)

44/50 - 55/75
Original post by corax

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! I finished quite early on the first part - took me about 15-20 minutes I think :tongue:
Reply 10
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Passed it (..just)

44/50 - 55/75

I think I passed with something similar :') I wish it told you what questions you answered wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
Well done! I finished quite early on the first part - took me about 15-20 minutes I think :tongue:

Same! I don't know why they give you an hour to do it... Surely it wouldn't take anyone that long? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by corax
Same! I don't know why they give you an hour to do it... Surely it wouldn't take anyone that long? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I don't think anyone does take the full hour. Nobody I know did. :tongue:
Original post by K-Nitro

That takes a little while longer than the multiple choice questions because the clips are pretty slow and you go through each one twice. Like I said, nothing majorly complicated. Once I finished I headed straight out and got my results within the next minute

Do you mean to say that the 14 hazard perception clips(excluding the practise one) are shown twice? Do we get to answer them both times? Sorry for the thread hijack, I've got my theory test on Thursday just wanted to clarify a few points.
Reply 14
Original post by humzahumour
Do you mean to say that the 14 hazard perception clips(excluding the practise one) are shown twice? Do we get to answer them both times? Sorry for the thread hijack, I've got my theory test on Thursday just wanted to clarify a few points.

They're shown once :smile:
Original post by corax
They're shown once :smile:

Thanks for clarifying but now I'm sad :frown:
I really hoped I would have the chance to look at the hazard perception videos twice. Not very comfortable with it.
I really hoped I would have the chance to look at the hazard perception videos twice. Not very comfortable with it.

My mistake, I must've confused the test questions with the practice questions on the DVD, sorry

Regardless, you shouldn't really have any problems as long as you've been using the practice DVD and even less so if you've been taking lessons, it's a lot more simple than people make out and there's a little more leniency in terms of what's required to pass. Good luck anyway. And congrats to the posters that passed recently
(edited 9 years ago)

I was horrible at hazard perception and found it really hard, I passed yesterday with 48/75 on hp, I even got 1/5 on one of the clips so even if you're not very good at it you can pass, just practice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by corax
Okay, so I have my theory test tomorrow and I was just wondering what it's like when you actually get there? I know you sign in but do you wait in a room until it's time?

Also, you have 60 minutes for the multiple choice questions? What happens if you finish before then? It'll probably only take me 15 minutes :hmmmm2:

When I did my theory test I signed in etc then went straight on through despite being early which was nice. I also finished the questions in good time so I was taken straight onto the hazard perception and once that was done I left :smile:
Original post by Charlottehall96
I was horrible at hazard perception and found it really hard, I passed yesterday with 48/75 on hp, I even got 1/5 on one of the clips so even if you're not very good at it you can pass, just practice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 0 on one because I 'clicked too much' so then I was sat doing the rest of them with a face like thunder not even concentrating properly because I just had it in my head that would have made me fail lol. Lucky I didn't

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest