The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by krazy prince
I replied to all the posts dude. What do you expect should I sit in front of computer all day ? OH MY, what do you want yaar?

I am not your dude.

From the last 7/8 hours you are on this thread. :tongue:
Original post by universal_set
Hahahaha.... I am sure that during his first semester, he will spend most of his time in calculating Pakistani rupees to pounds exchange rate :biggrin:

Hahaha, most likely actually.
Oh! Stay at my place anytime if we happen to be friends somehow.

Nah, just pay for my rent.
Hello, I am an international student and am holding an offer from kings.
Before moving to UK this Sep, I wanted to know what pschy do UK students have for us and found it quite funny when I read the threads like what do rich international students think of us and they are spoiled etc.
Actually why I made this thread is so I can know why do u actually think we are spoiled or we are different from you when you yourself actually have a huge upper hand (fluent English) . I, before reading threads like this, thought that may be students would think down on me as I don't belong to their culture and dun know how the things go on there (though have visited UK many times as u would expect from a rich int student ;-) ) .
So to tell u about myself , yes I am one of those students who has latest macs, smartphones and my parents will buy me a flat and a BMW when I move there though in no way I think I will be bragging about it or think m better than u people and personally am a very down to earth person, this is the reason m leaving all this wealth n moving over there but still all these come with me where ever I'll move.
Thanks for reading this essay and please share Ur thoughts on why u think students with lots of moneyare not like u.

My first impression of you would be:
-oriental
-rich (because of being an international student)
-if you hang out with people, you will typically only mingle with other orientals rather than hang out with other kinds of people
Original post by hellodave5
Money doesn't mean anything... as long as you have enough for your needs (which shouldn't really be frivolous). I really don't get people who hoard money. I would personally prefer to give a significant proportion of my wealth to reputable charities, so I feel like my life will have actually made a difference in the world.

I don't really discriminate between rich and poor. Though if you blag or point out wealth purposefully, people won't like you.

I appreciate this thinking.
oh! you people go so harsh.

These are your words:

Oh! Stay at my place anytime if we happen to be friends somehow.

What else you gonna do with her at your own place? Will you tell her your rich Prince's fairy tales or will you be playing luddo all night? LOL
Original post by vickidc18
Ay it's fine being rich, you were lucky in the birth lottery but others are less fortunate. I was abandoned by my parents basically (put in care , homeless at one point) but I got myself out of that situation & making a good go of my life, I might be jealous that you have more riches than me, but I'm not jealous of your achievements.

Sounds like you are a really nice person. But why are most of the students so judgemental and thinks that wealth is a curse.
Original post by CallMeBatwoman
I wouldn't discriminate or anything if you were a nice person, and provided you don't brag about it. But to an extent I would feel resentful, a lot of students in the UK struggle to cover basic living costs without getting a part time job, having a car is a rarity too, so you having it all given to you might make some people a bit spiteful. But then again if you're fortunate enough to have parents willing to pay for all that then lucky you, just don't go on about it to people and make sure people know you're grateful, a lot of people would do anything to have as much financial security at uni as you're going to have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But a few students said in the thread its really common there students having cars and houses. And yeah I value the blessing I have, thanks to God for it.
Original post by tianqi
This is your own assumption, we do not choose ppl's background when making friends

I developed this opinion from the people's opinion about me.
Reply 189
The way i see it if we are friends and u buy me a bmw too i will happily do your degree for you ;( good luck in the uk.

I imagine it is likely more difficult as you are further away from your family than most students. Which is why your parents are paying out so much too make it comfortable for you?

it just so happens your comfortable life at Uni will be our dream for after we finish our degrees and get our jobs. :smile:

Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
LOL, your father is so rich but he can't afford to hire an accountant/someone who can do this type of trivial office tasks.

OK. It is absolutely fine that you are super rich. Good for you. But why are you expecting that every Briton should give you VIP treatment like the one you are receiving in Pakistan? Maybe, some Pakistanis are impressed because of your father's wealth but why do you think that Britishb people have same sick mentality.

BTW, many rich Pakistani students come here to study and nobody hates them but your attitude is exceptionally BS. You will never get a red carpet treatment. Only, gold digger type of people will fall for you.

If you are really down to earth then why have you exhibited your father's wealth on UK student forum? Don't you have brain to think that UK is a different society than Pakistan. Here the ratio of butt kissers is relatively very low as compare to Pakistan. I have no hate against international students because they bring money in UK and somehow it is good for our economy.

Although, I hate to say stuff like this but now you are getting on my nerves. I am a British Pakistani. My parents died when I was young. I worked very hard. I have my own "flat" & recently I have sold my "bmw z4" to support myself at uni plus I won't be using it too much. I bought these things with my own hard earned money but moreover to this I have one particular thing which you will never have in Pakistan, it is my freedom: freedom of speech.

I hope that I will never see you in KCL. Eff off.

Most businessmen tend to do all the calculation of finance and profit and have a grip on it. I didn't say he maintains the ledgers or payrolls, but the strategic decisions stay with the higher management.
Oh ok good for you. cheers!
After reading all the comments, I would suggest them not to buy me any of those haha.

Do you think they can buy you a Ferrari or Porsche instead? These sports cars are more appropriate for students as they portrait you as being fun in addition to wealthy, where as BMW's portrait you as being serious and wealthy.

From experience I have found that Ferrari's and Porsche's will make you more popular among the ladies if that is what you are into.

Goodluck.
I really hate that I am going to KCL because I don't want to study with people like you.

Instead of creating opportunities for poor people, you want them to depend on rich class so that rich can use them like puppets.

I am not as bad as you think I am.
But a few students said in the thread its really common there students having cars and houses. And yeah I value the blessing I have, thanks to God for it.

I agree that it is common for students to have cars. Many students also can rent private accomodation, but rarely do they purchase it. Perhaps TSR consists of a poorer demographic.
Most businessmen tend to do all the calculation of finance and profit and have a grip on it. I didn't say he maintains the ledgers or payrolls, but the strategic decisions stay with the higher management.
Oh ok good for you. cheers!

In one of your posts, you said that everyday he converts rupees to pounds and now you are denying.
More than 100 people of developed countries especially UK don't rape a single woman in an open area like Pakistanis have done to Mukhtara Mai. Stop watching Hollywood melodrama movies, and spend some time on reading local newspaper.

Oh this is a topic I can talk on for hours and prove you rapes exist more in the west than east. But I don't want to get into argument with you as you already said enough about my father and me and i know when I'll prove you wrong on this , my whole family would be at the risk. So I better stay quiet. have a nice future!
I am not as bad as you think I am.

Similarly, the British people are not as bad as you think.
I am not your dude.

From the last 7/8 hours you are on this thread. :tongue:

I slept for six hours so wasn't here for 7/8 hours, lol you talk whatever you want to.
I slept for six hours so wasn't here for 7/8 hours, lol you talk whatever you want to.

I am taking every benefit of freedom of speech :tongue:
Original post by Melon girl
Nah, just pay for my rent.

haha do you expect I would even talk to you from your comments?? I would rather help my friends instead of hypocrites who become my friends for rents etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending