The Student Room Group

Letters after name on a business card.

I know some people see it as pretentious.

I have secured a position at a developing company, my title being Business Expansion & Development.

I studied Economics for Business.

What am i qualified to put after my name on a business card.

BA (Hons) Econ

or

Ba (Hons)

Which is more professional, any opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks to anyone that helps.
bump
Reply 2
Traditionally it would go: John Smith BA

It's not the norm to put subjects afterwards. IMO it looks a bit tacky
unless it's for a CV.
And frankly if all you have is a first degree it looks naff - or desperate.
Putting nothing would be the most professional option.
Put nothing. It's trying too hard, otherwise.
Original post by postgradquestion
I know some people see it as pretentious.

I have secured a position at a developing company, my title being Business Expansion & Development.

I studied Economics for Business.

What am i qualified to put after my name on a business card.

BA (Hons) Econ

or

Ba (Hons)

Which is more professional, any opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks to anyone that helps.

Too keen to put down a Bachelor's unless it's for a CV or it's something that your whole company does. It looks pretty silly really, given how many people have first degrees these days. The only time I use my whole list of post-nominals is if I'm writing a very formal letter, and I still feel like a bit of a plank. Don't do it, but if you want to anyway, you're entitled to use the letters of the degree, not the degree and subject. Economics is a bit of a funny one, as some universities like to incorporate the name of the degree in to the letters. If your degree is Bachelor of Arts in Economics (with Honours) then BA (Econ). If it's just Bachelor of Arts then use BA. Honours degrees are so common these days that I really wouldn't bother putting the Hons down, but if you do, then it's BA (Hons), and you can even put the university down as well, if you really want to beef it up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending