The Student Room Group

MH17 flight down in Ukraine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Clip
You know how there is an Israel/Palestine megathread? There should be one called "I'm so stupid that I believe....x" and all these posts get put there to be preserved for all time. Future generations can look back and have a good old laugh.

In deference to TSR's lack of willingness to call stupidity what it is, I think it would have be named something like "I'm such a paranoid delusional that I believe...". Or just simply "The Tin Foil Hat Thread".
Original post by Lumens
Be really careful with your judgements. It seems to me that you want to blame Russia for anything no matter what.

Black boxes were supposed to be handed to Moscow not because Putin really wants to see them, but because the main office of Interstate Aviation Committee is situated there. Ukraine is one of this organization participants.

Anyway Sergey Lavrov (Russian Minister of Foreign Affairs) has recently told that they don't want black boxes to stay in Russia and ready to hand them to international experts.

They were on Ukrainian territory and should have been handed to the Ukrainian aviation authorities. The Russian seizure of them is suspicious to say the least.
Reply 382
Original post by Drewski
In deference to TSR's lack of willingness to call stupidity what it is, I think it would have be named something like "I'm such a paranoid delusional that I believe...". Or just simply "The Tin Foil Hat Thread".

I'm wondering if it might not just need it's own entire forum, server and website.
Original post by Drewski
"something along the lines of"... devastatingly accurate reporting there.

You are saying something has happened or is happening that has not yet been discussed. And no, I don't believe the UN will get involved, it's got no reason to. There are many far better qualified organisations - like the ones that actually regularly investigate plane crashes - that are far better suited to something like this and fully capable of operating independently - which is all the UN wants.

The various members of the UNSC are simply saying they want an independent investigation to happen. They are not saying they are running one, they are not saying they will run one.

Why do you feel the need to insult people because you don't agree with what they are saying? Alright may be I was confused but I'm just expressing my opinion from what I've heard on the news which I can't say accurately word for word as I may be wrong. I never said I was a 'reporter'.

I believe the UN will get involved because it is supported by many countries: Philip Hammond 'this must be resolved by an international investigation...we believe the United Nations particularly the United Nations Civil Aviation Authority Organisation is the right body to lead that investigation' http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10975231/Malaysia-Airlines-crash-UK-Foreign-Secretary-Philip-Hammond-comments-on-flight-MH17.html
and also because the crash involves citizens of many countries, it can only be fair to have a global inquiry. Who would they give it to then? The Australians, Ukrainians, Americans, the Dutch, English nay, even Russians? Who?
This is why in my opinion the UN should take over.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by posthumus
I knew after the BRICS summit the US would need some kind of false flag to ramp up conventional military intervention. Since the sanctions pretty much weren't working (they were sanctioning themselves in the long run).

And in your deluded theory, did the US deliberately pick another Malaysian flight stuffed full of the nationals of US allies? Or would any civil flight have done?

The thing with all the conspiracy theories is that the obvious - that separatists and Russians did it - is also the most sinister.
Original post by Clip
I'm wondering if it might not just need it's own entire forum, server and website.

The Suspicious Room.
Original post by Clip
I can't be bothered with the last 20 pages. Has anyone blamed Israel and the CIA yet?

Amazingly, nobody has yet blamed Israel. :rolleyes: The US has had a look in though.

RT is conspiracy central, they are busy interviewing every kook on the planet with a half-baked theory right now.
Original post by AlexKay99
Why do you feel the need to insult people because you don't agree with what they are saying? Alright may be I was confused but I'm just expressing my opinion from what I've heard on the news which I can't say accurately word for word as I may be wrong. I never said I was a 'reporter'.

I believe the UN will get involved because it is supported by many countries: Philip Hammond 'this must be resolved by an international investigation...we believe the United Nations particularly the United Nations Civil Aviation Authority Organisation is the right body to lead that investigation' http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10975231/Malaysia-Airlines-crash-UK-Foreign-Secretary-Philip-Hammond-comments-on-flight-MH17.html
and also because the crash involves citizens of many countries, it can only be fair to have a global inquiry. Who would they give it to then? The Australians, Ukrainians, Americans, the Dutch, English nay, even Russians? Who?
This is why in my opinion the UN should take over.

Because you were reporting your opinions as fact when they were patently incorrect.

Saying now that people are suggesting it should be done by a UN body is massively different to how you stated in posts 365 and 370 that it was already being done by the UN.

Who was on the aircraft is, largely, immaterial. The people involved in the investigation should be: the Ukrainians (it crashed on their land), the Dutch (it originated from their soil), the Malaysians (the aircraft belonged to them and was operated by them) and the Americans (they built the aircraft). That's it. Beyond that it becomes a bureaucratic pinata and no answers will come out.
Reply 388
Original post by Fullofsurprises
They were on Ukrainian territory and should have been handed to the Ukrainian aviation authorities. The Russian seizure of them is suspicious to say the least.

Did you even read my post? Interstate Aviation Committee situated in Moscow is one of Ukrainian aviation authorities. Russia didn't seize boxes: separatists handed them to Russia (who else they could've handed them to?). Russia refused to work with boxes and wants to pass them to international experts. What's wrong with it?
Reply 389
And in your deluded theory, did the US deliberately pick another Malaysian flight stuffed full of the nationals of US allies? Or would any civil flight have done?

The thing with all the conspiracy theories is that the obvious - that separatists and Russians did it - is also the most sinister.

The basis of all conspiracy theories being to replace a problematic scenario with a wholly unlikely one.
Original post by Drewski
Because you were reporting your opinions as fact when they were patently incorrect.

Saying now that people are suggesting it should be done by a UN body is massively different to how you stated in posts 365 and 370 that it was already being done by the UN.

Who was on the aircraft is, largely, immaterial. The people involved in the investigation should be: the Ukrainians (it crashed on their land), the Dutch (it originated from their soil), the Malaysians (the aircraft belonged to them and was operated by them) and the Americans (they built the aircraft). That's it. Beyond that it becomes a bureaucratic pinata and no answers will come out.

I looked really hard at your last paragraph but I couldn't find the words 'Russia' or 'FSB' anywhere. Perhaps someone in Moscow should be told.
Original post by Drewski

"Because you were reporting your opinions as fact when they were patently incorrect." That's a great reason to start insulting someone rather than telling them they are being incorrect.

"Saying now that people are suggesting it should be done by a UN body is massively different to how you stated in posts 365 and 370 that it was already being done by the UN."
Yes and I agree with you that I was incorrect because I was confused by what Sky News had reported the other day, it seemed to me as though the UN already took over.

I still believe an international investigation would be more fair like the foreign secretary stated because there are too many countries involved, not just the ones you stated and in a way, the UN includes all of those countries in the inquiry anyway since the Netherlands and all those you stated are already members of it and can give support.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Clip
I can't be bothered with the last 20 pages. Has anyone blamed Israel and the CIA yet?

And we've had a lot like:

Putin stands against the jew world order. They want to get rid of Putin and put in a billionaire Jewish oligarch who will likely oppress and kill them.
Original post by AlexKay99
"Because you were reporting your opinions as fact when they were patently incorrect." That's a great reason to start insulting someone rather than telling them they are being incorrect.

I was telling you that you were wrong. You were ignoring it.
Original post by Lumens
Did you even read my post? Interstate Aviation Committee situated in Moscow is one of Ukrainian aviation authorities. Russia didn't seize boxes: separatists handed them to Russia (who else they could've handed them to?). Russia refused to work with boxes and wants to pass them to international experts. What's wrong with it?

Time will tell, but I suspect that Putin's going to announce that the authorities outside Russia cannot be trusted to give an impartial analysis and that his people will analyse them and produce the report. We'll see anyway.
Original post by Drewski
I was telling you that you were wrong. You were ignoring it.

Yes I did until you provided evidence and I researched it. Still no reason to insult though.
Time will tell, but I suspect that Putin's going to announce that the authorities outside Russia cannot be trusted to give an impartial analysis and that his people will analyse them and produce the report. We'll see anyway.

He'll be hard pressed to make that accusation carry any water and for whatever faults of the current Russian administration, the Russians are logical people. The bodies that would be involved in an investigation like this from various areas of international aviation have many more resources open to them - and Putin will know that.

I get that you're naturally suspicious of him and, frankly, don't like him, but something like that is extremely unlikely.
Reply 397

Yeah, that's what I was talking about - let's see what Russians are going to do next, because till this moment they did nothing wrong with black boxes. And I don't understand why you're so biased toward Russia.
Original post by Jammy Duel
But Iran Air Flight 655 wasn't shot down by Ukraine, it was the Americans, so you clearly didn't look at the referred to incident and therefore completely missed the point.

I didn't look at it and just assumed it was the one Ukraine shot down in 2001. I still think you're missing the point, the point was that it's entirely meaningless.
Original post by DaveSmith99
I didn't look at it and just assumed it was the one Ukraine shot down in 2001. I still think you're missing the point, the point was that it's entirely meaningless.

That would be Siberian 1812. And it's not meaningless, it just shows that your argument is a load of crap.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending