The Student Room Group

More than a quarter of births last year were to foreign mothers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thesabbath
My point was that expressing a preference for one item from a group does not automatically mean you hate all others, which is what the suggestion "racist" implies.

None of these so-called problems actually matter unless you view "racism" as the root of all evils, whereas in reality it is primarily an ideology promoted by communists/internationalists and well-paid bosses of NGOs and of course non-whites for whom promoting anti-white ideology in white countries is in their own ethnic self-interest.

I don't think racism is "the root of all evils", but I do think that the problems it causes (i.e racial discrimination) matter, and I'd cite the holocaust as the best example of this. The logic behind racism completely discards ideas of meritocracy and fairness, and when allowed to properly manifest into politics, causes violence and subjugation.
I had a baby last year, and I was born outside of the UK.

ZOMG I'm a "MIGRANT MOTHER"

*swoons*

I enjoy foreign travel, but it is undoubtedly more relaxing being amongst one's own kind. There are many reasons why I am attached to the English nation in particular but on general terms: You know they'll have a good grasp of the language and idioms, and a sense even subconsciously of a shared history, do not have to rephrase or simplify your conversation (living in London I think my vocabulary drops by the day due to the amount of words I can't use with English as a second language speakers), don't have to mince your words lest you "cause offence", and if you do then you can laugh about it since they're usually going to be a po-faced left winger rather than worrying about being taken to court for "racial discrimination" or somesuch trumped up charge.

English will most probably be the 1st language of the children of those migrant women.
...meanwhile, in Birmingham, more than 80% of births last year were to foreign (i.e. non-white) mothers.
Original post by Mr.Intelligent
When did we start speaking about salaries? You can't just admit you're wrong can you?

It's not like they're going to come and take over the country. I never said I didn't have any reservations about them coming. I do, but you all are race and blood purity fanatics and it is that I have a problem with. You don't want them solely because of their race. I hardly, if at all, saw anyone speaking about East Europeans. Why is there no fuss about them making babies? Is it because they're white?

See above.

Why does where I come from matter? You do not need to know where I came from to understand my position in this discussion. You are not going to psychoanalyse me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if Eastern Europeans are spreading radical islam then **** them too. And because my guess is that you are yet another middle class naif
Original post by TheAnusFiles
Well if Eastern Europeans are spreading radical islam then **** them too. And because my guess is that you are yet another middle class naif

White people can be Muslim as well. It's only because they are Arabs right?

Yeah, I can predict what you will say before you say it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr.Intelligent
White people can be Muslim as well. It's only because they are Arabs right?

Yeah, I can predict what you will say before you say it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. You have jumped to conclusions again. Of course white people can be Muslims, aside from converts, Bosnians, Albanians, Croats and Bulgarians are Muslims.

Arabs are usually classed as white too.... does Assad look like a black man?

the only way you can argue is assume I'm some sort of EDL type, which as I stated is not really a sign of a good debater.

I really don't understand your obsession with race here, have I mentioned it at all in the thread before?

Oh and besides to add insult to injury most of the immigrants to Britain from Muslim areas are NOT Arabs. Indians are not arabs, nor are Bangladeshis and Pakistanis
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 107
No. You have jumped to conclusions again. You are not so smart. Of course white people can be Muslims, aside from converts, Bosnians, Albanians, Croats and Bulgarians are Muslims.

Arabs are usually classed as white too.... does Assad look like a black man?

the only way you can argue is assume I'm some sort of EDL type, which as I stated is not really a sign of a good debater. Straw manning is usually the sign of an idiot.

I really don't understand your obsession with race here, have I mentioned it at all in the thread before?

Oh and besides to add insult to injury most of the immigrants to Britain from Muslim areas are NOT Arabs. Indians are not arabs, nor are Bangladeshis and Pakistanis

Um sorry but where did you retrieve that "fact" that Arabs are usually classed as white? Assad is one of how much of the Arab population? And what about Mohamed bin Hammam who is from Quatar? You wouldn't even class him as white.
Saying that Arabs are usually classed as white is like saying latinos/as are usually classed as white and asking the rhetorical question of whether Lionel Messi looks black.
If you are referring to Arabs from the middle east like Syria, Lebanon, Israel then yes that statement may apply but you cannot apply that to many from north African nations like Egypt, morocco, Tunisia whom by the way are also classed as Arabs. And i have met plenty of Arabs from countries like Saudi Arabia who just don't look white.
I'd very much like to know which reputable source you took that interesting fact from
Original post by PinkMobilePhone

*swoons*

I too was born in another country and may have children in the future.

I MIGHT EVEN HAVE THEM ABROAD AND BRING THEM BACK HERE.
Original post by roseyd
Um sorry but where did you retrieve that "fact" that Arabs are usually classed as white? Assad is one of how much of the Arab population? And what about Mohamed bin Hammam who is from Quatar? You wouldn't even class him as white.
Saying that Arabs are usually classed as white is like saying latinos/as are usually classed as white and asking the rhetorical question of whether Lionel Messi looks black.
If you are referring to Arabs from the middle east like Syria, Lebanon, Israel then yes that statement may apply but you cannot apply that to many from north African nations like Egypt, morocco, Tunisia whom by the way are also classed as Arabs. And i have met plenty of Arabs from countries like Saudi Arabia who just don't look white.
I'd very much like to know which reputable source you took that interesting fact from

Gulf arabs are a mix, they are not pure arab. same with north africans. The arab people originate from assyria
Reply 110
Gulf arabs are a mix, they are not pure arab. same with north africans. The arab people originate from assyria

And your point is? That's the ethnic history of arab people NOT the current ethnic identity. As I mentioned before, it would have been interesting to see where you retrieved that fact because no reputable source would back that up. And you can compose a whole dissertation on the ethnic history of arab people but it will still be irrelevant to the point you are trying to make...Much like most of the points you've tried to make so far: senseless "mumbojumbo"
Original post by roseyd
And your point is? That's the ethnic history of arab people NOT the current ethnic identity. As I mentioned before, it would have been interesting to see where you retrieved that fact because no reputable source would back that up. And you can compose a whole dissertation on the ethnic history of arab people but it will still be irrelevant to the point you are trying to make...Much like most of the points you've tried to make so far: senseless "mumbojumbo"

The U.S. Census Bureau must adhere to the 1997 Office of Management and Budget (OMB) standards on race and ethnicity which guide the Census Bureau in classifying written responses to the race question:
White A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa
No. I've made plenty of good points. The problem is the sort of middle class types who swan around the South East with their trendy friends usually need lots of explaining for them to get it
Reply 112
The U.S. Census Bureau must adhere to the 1997 Office of Management and Budget (OMB) standards on race and ethnicity which guide the Census Bureau in classifying written responses to the race question:
White A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa
No. I've made plenty of good points. The problem is the sort of middle class types who swan around the South East with their trendy friends usually need lots of explaining for them to get it

LOL and who is middle class from the South East? You? I can understand how anus applies to the likes of you. Ask any expert of race and they will tell you that it is not as black and white as that. Calm down anus geezer
Original post by roseyd
LOL and who is middle class from the South East? You? I can understand how anus applies to the likes of you. Ask any expert of race and they will tell you that it is not as black and white as that. Calm down anus geezer

Oh haha! What a witty comment!

Well I lifted that from http://www.census.gov/topics/population/race/about.html. It's the official US website.

'White' itself is only a social construct. I don't see how Arabs are any less white than anyone else when in reality it is a made up term.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone

*swoons*

And I'm a migrant "baby", born here (in 1996) to an Italian father and an American mother, and it's all good! :biggrin:
surely then that means three quarters of babies were born to non "foreign mothers"
In the 1950s and 60s there were small amounts of immigration and people made social rules to be nice to the immigrants and anyone who was not was labelled a racist.

Now, immigration has occurred on a completely different scale. White British are the minority in London, Luton, Leicester and Slough. First it was "well there are only small numbers" in the 50s, then it was "don't worry they will assimilate", then when it was clear that they would not assimilate it became multiculturalism. Then when the picture started changing and white British started becoming minorities in cities and it became clear what multiculturalism was it became "celebrate diversity".

So at what point are we supposed to celebrate diversity till? Till we are 60%, till we are 40%, 20%? 5%?

I think the word you are seeking here is Multiracial rather than Multicultralism since people of different races are not homogeneous in nature i.e all think the same do the same things have same interests.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending