The Student Room Group

Is this girl stronger than you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Marky Mark
I'm sorry but a six-pack and bulging biceps on a girl are not attractive.

In your opinion. Anyway, her attractiveness or otherwise is not the point of this thread.

No I'm not stronger than her, but I'd love to be even half as strong as her.
Original post by Marky Mark
I'm sorry but a six-pack and bulging biceps on a girl are not attractive.

Are you kidding me she looks athletic and has a great body. She's hardly got bulging biceps and a 6 pack on a girl imo is sexy.
She's faster and more agile, but I doubt she is stronger than me (unless you control for body weight), not that I make a habit of comparing myself with women.

Wouldn't mind trying the "obstacle" at 02:10 though
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by greeneyedgirl
In your opinion. Anyway, her attractiveness or otherwise is not the point of this thread.

Exactly what I was about to say!

:five:
Original post by yo radical one
She's faster and more agile, but I doubt she is stronger than me (unless you control for body weight), not that I make a habit of comparing myself with women.

Wouldn't mind trying the "obstacle" at 02:10 though

Tbh that amount of grip strength for the pullups is ridiculous and the monkey bars etc.

What can you lift?Press/Squat etc?
Original post by greeneyedgirl

No I'm not stronger than her, but I'd love to be even half as strong as her.

You're right I'm usually overwhelmed by females who go for strength training/bodybuilding that I had to comment.

I'm not half as strong as her either.

Original post by Last Day Lepers
Are you kidding me she looks athletic and has a great body. She's hardly got bulging biceps and a 6 pack on a girl imo is sexy.

Sexy is not the word I'd use but I've been told that her appearance is not up for discussion. :smile:
This thread has got me addicted to American Ninja Warrior :lol: just watched the USA V Japan one.
Would absolutely love to do something like this. Wonder if Total Wipeout is still on :beard: She has one cool job though, imagine getting to run/design these courses full time :teeth:
Original post by Motorbiker
Tbh that amount of grip strength for the pullups is ridiculous and the monkey bars etc.

Exactly what I was thinking watching her weave through those vertical bars with ease. Insane amount of grip strength!
Original post by DeceitfulDove
This thread has got me addicted to American Ninja Warrior :lol: just watched the USA V Japan one.
Would absolutely love to do something like this. Wonder if Total Wipeout is still on :beard: She has one cool job though, imagine getting to run/design these courses full time :teeth:

Total wipeout UK got axed :frown:

Will have to get myself signed up to another muddy run in the meantime :wink:

Currently 50kg and 70kg (for 10 reps) for bench and squats respectively
Currently 50kg and 70kg (for 10 reps) for bench and squats respectively

Tbh judging by how she destroyed those obstacles she'd do much better than that.

There's are girlls here on TSR that outlift you substantially and they're not on this girls level.
Tbh judging by how she destroyed those obstacles she'd do much better than that.

There's are girlls here on TSR that outlift you substantially and they're not on this girls level.

Bear in mind how light she is, I'm not so sure
Bear in mind how light she is, I'm not so sure

I've seen sub 60kg british weightlifters squat 160kg, and 120*10. If they can do that then this person can probably do at least 100*10 easily , which is more than you.

Keep training and you'll get there. We're all gonna make it .
I've seen sub 60kg british weightlifters squat 160kg, and 120*10. If they can do that then this person can probably do at least 100*10 easily , which is more than you.

Keep training and you'll get there. We're all gonna make it .

:pierre:

I'm not increasing my squat, my legs are already big enough

Lose bodyfat then. If your legs are big at 70kg*10 it'ss because they're too fat.

I can squat double that for the same reps and mine are not that big. I mean i do make baggy jeans into skinny jeans but i know if i did a cut i'd be fine.
Lose bodyfat then. If your legs are big at 70kg*10 it'ss because they're too fat.

I can squat double that for the same reps and mine are not that big. I mean i do make baggy jeans into skinny jeans but i know if i did a cut i'd be fine.

What size are they?

And height for reference

what motorbiker said

you do not have big legs if you're only squatting 70kg
Original post by illusionz
what motorbiker said

you do not have big legs if you're only squatting 70kg

"Big legs" for me and you will be very different for "big legs" for a lot of other people. If he doesn't want bigger legs, that's his own biz. :smile:
For example, I feel pretty fat sometimes, even though I'm really skinny. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't say that for sure really. Whilst shes in fantastic shape and did some pretty impressive things in the vid for a girl, all she really demonstrated was exceptional grip strength:weight ratio and good pulling strength. Girls have much weaker upper body pressing strength (even factoring in for weight) than guys...such that a 1x BW bench for a girl is probably around the same difficulty as 1.5BW for a guy. So given that she probably only weighs something like 50kg anyway, that would be asking for 10xBW (or ~10x 1.5BW for a guy!). How many guys can do that? Not many, even if they regularly train for it, and practically none who don't specifically train horizontal pressing frequently.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if she can squat more than 70kg*10, but that is MUCH easier for a girl to accomplish than 50kg*10 on the bench. Bench is also probably not a strong focus of her training if shes into all these obstacle courses either because quite frankly its not very useful for completing them most of the time!

Also being light and small helps massively with these things- remember how easy it was to swing around on monkey bars as a young kid? I could do that with ease when I was like 8-10 years old and now even though im literally 4-5 times as strong I find it much harder!
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
"Big legs" for me and you will be very different for "big legs" for a lot of other people. If he doesn't want bigger legs, that's his own biz. :smile:
For example, I feel pretty fat sometimes, even though I'm really skinny. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If he doesn't want big legs that's fine. but saying his legs are big because he has a 70kg squat is crap.

He either needs to cut a lot of fat from his legs or just body dysmorphia.

Quick Reply

Latest