The Student Room Group

Right Alevels?

Hey all!

Ive chosen to study at a college just over an hour away to do alevels in Psychology, Geography, English Literature and Mathematics.

I'm looking at Psychology at university.

Now is this course combination a good idea? The distance isn't too much?

Thanks,
Alex x:confused:
Course combination I assume so. I don't study psychology but from being exposed to friends who do, it seems to just be essay based and remembrance.

Is the college a sixth form?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CallMeJay
Course combination I assume so. I don't study psychology but from being exposed to friends who do, it seems to just be essay based and remembrance.

Is the college a sixth form?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No its an actual college. I have an offer at my 6th form for History, Photography, Philosophy&Ethics and Statistics. What will maths be like with a C grade?
Original post by MidnightSleeper
No its an actual college. I have an offer at my 6th form for History, Photography, Philosophy&Ethics and Statistics. What will maths be like with a C grade?

I see. Those subjects at your 6th form are obviously no help if you want to study psychology at university. However, bare in mind it takes effort to go to a college that is more than an hour away for 2 years, isn't it possible to find a closer one that do the subjects you wish to study?

I expect you will find it extremely tough if you have a C grade. Maths isn't an easy A level. It requires a lot of hard work, especially if you don't have an A\A* at GCSE. However, depending on the student, you may survive, you may not. I would suggest you choose a different subject, just to be safe

- Teachers expect at least an A from me at AS, I got a B at GCSE.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CallMeJay
I see. Those subjects at your 6th form are obviously no help if you want to study psychology at university. However, bare in mind it takes effort to go to a college that is more than an hour away for 2 years, isn't it possible to find a closer one that do the subjects you wish to study?

I expect you will find it extremely tough if you have a C grade. Maths isn't an easy A level. It requires a lot of hard work, especially if you don't have an A\A* at GCSE. However, depending on the student, you may survive, you may not. I would suggest you choose a different subject, just to be safe

- Teachers expect at least an A from me at AS, I got a B at GCSE.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This year I was going to do higher maths and was predicted A* overall as I kept getting A/A*s in the practise papers. However they forgot to enter me for the exams. I really want maths!!
This year I was going to do higher maths and was predicted A* overall as I kept getting A/A*s in the practise papers. However they forgot to enter me for the exams. I really want maths!!

Well if you're feeling confident and getting As and A*s you should give it a go. You also seem quite passionate about it so I'm sure you'll do fine. Also take note, if you don't like it at the start you could always change subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey all!

Ive chosen to study at a college just over an hour away to do alevels in Psychology, Geography, English Literature and Mathematics.

I'm looking at Psychology at university.

Now is this course combination a good idea? The distance isn't too much?

Thanks,
Alex x:confused:

Biology would be useful, I've heard it helps for studying psychology at uni as there's a lot of biology involved. Not sure if it's a requirement or not but check the course online to be sure

Quick Reply

Latest