The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

"The house of the Antez family in Sha'af looks undamaged from the outside. But the men milling around it have the dazed faces of grief that tell a different story.
Inside, the hole punched by the tank shell that hit the house, after clearing the retaining wall, is visible about 3m (10ft) off the ground.
It seems a small thing a hole the size of a toaster. But the shell travelled through four walls, scattering pieces of shrapnel that have been gathered and placed to one side.
There were 60 people from three families sheltering inside, some under the stairs, some in a corridor leading to a half-finished room.
Following the shell's path through the house, three pools of blood punctuate where three people died two of them children.
Salem Antez, 29, approached with a purple plastic bag and opened it, its contents terrible.
"This is my son," he said and nothing else, tears tracking down his face. Mohammad, another family member explained, was two. The other dead were Abed Ali, 24, and Mohammad Ibrahim, 13. Salem bent back to his task his bag becoming a little heavier. "They hit us at 8.45pm," an uncle said. "We had just finished our Iftar meal and were gathered here for safety."

Peter Beaumont
Original post by tsr1269

Given that I have given evidence that the time length is around 57 sec, I can't really see how that is enough time to evacuate.

So going by your 'logic' which appears to be that of a goat - the neighbours decided to get their camera out and film a random home for no reason whatsoever?

Please, you're obviously now on a troll because not even a wide-eyed Gazan would come out with the guff you're posting.
Original post by Chindits
So going by your 'logic' which appears to be that of a goat - the neighbours decided to get their camera out and film a random home for no reason whatsoever?

Please, you're obviously now on a troll because not even a wide-eyed Gazan would come out with the guff you're posting.

That is what the video purports to show. Given the fact that you have been asked twice and on both occasions failed to substantiate your claims, that video shall servee as proof that Israel gives only 57 seconds for Palestinian civilians to evacuate following a dud missile or whatever strike.

The fact that you are scrabbling around desperately trying to link two news stories together which have no relevance to the discussion does tend to make one think that you have lost your marbles...
Original post by tsr1269
That is what the video purports to show. Given the fact that you have been asked twice and on both occasions failed to substantiate your claims, that video shall servee as proof that Israel gives only 57 seconds for Palestinian civilians to evacuate following a dud missile or whatever strike.

The fact that you are scrabbling around desperately trying to link two news stories together which have no relevance to the discussion does tend to make one think that you have lost your marbles...

Ok troll.

In the middle of a conflict, the neighbours decided to randomly film their neighbours home from a fixed camera position.

It had nothing to do with a warning from the IDF that the house was about to be hit.

Ok troll :smile:
Original post by the bear
i am sure they are not all nasty people, but they are not doing themselves any favors by keeping Hamas in business.

[scrollr]:israel::israel::israel::israel::israel::israel::israel::israel::israel::israel::israel::israel::israel::israel::israel::israel::israel:[/scrollr]

If they were all nasty people, they wouldn't have been killed so badly everyday from so many years. Plus, how many things do you expect those innocent Palestinians to cope with at the same time? Constant bombing from the Israeli side is killing their loved ones, their cities have been ruined and destroyed, they are deprived of the basic human needs, e.g. water, food, medical services. In such circumstances, all those innocent and helpless people can do is that they can all wish for peace, they couldn't care less for getting rid of Hamas, to them if Hamas leave, no one would be there to protect them (although they are still getting killed), but it'll be much easier for Israeli forces to takeover their small land. Where will they go then?

The main thing is that if they could do anything, the first thing they would do is to ensure the safety of their people from Israel. I'm not with Hamas, but I do acknowledge the fact that Palestinians are in a very helpless state.
(edited 9 years ago)
Ok troll.

In the middle of a conflict, the neighbours decided to randomly film their neighbours home from a fixed camera position.

It had nothing to do with a warning from the IDF that the house was about to be hit.

Given that you haven't provided any evidence for the phone call warning from the IDF in that video that I posted, it is determined that Israel only gives Palestinian civillians 57 seconds warning before levelling the homes of the Palestinian peoples.
Original post by Maliha Ahmed
Constant bombing from the Israeli side is killing their loved ones, their cities have been ruined and destroyed, they are deprived of the basic human needs, e.g. water, food, medical services.

Obesity is up 16% in Gaza.

No Gazan dies of water or food shortages.

However, a couple of thousand 'palestinians' have died of starvation recently.

In Syria.

Blockaded in the Yarmouk camp by Assad forces and Hezbollah

see disturbing pic

Spoiler

Yet silence from you lot, eh? no JOOS to blame - so we hear nothing.

The crocodile tears for the 'palestinians' is quite often just a way of bashing Israel - not out of love for the 'palestinains' otherwise we would have seen an outcry over this.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by RoyalBlue7
I see. The IDF apologies profusely for killing those innocent children unintentionally. They are way better than the Hamas militants, who certainly lack discipline and a central command. Perhaps killing more of their leaders would help them control their "army" better. I sometimes believe that the Israeli airstrikes are creating more enemies and terrorists but then I remember that a lot of innocent but potential-jihadist civilians are killed too. I only hope a more hard line Zionist regime comes to power in Jerusalem so that they'll do more to eradicate the savagery.

How would you deal with Hamas if you were in the position of the Israeli government?

In Syria.

The crocodile tears for the 'palestinians' is quite often just a way of bashing Israel - not out of love for the 'palestinains' otherwise we would have seen an outcry over this.

Could you be a decent fellow and put that picture in a spoiler. It is particularly horrifying...
Done.

Quoting it wasn't the best idea.

In Syria.

http://www.wrmea.org/images/Sept_Oct_2006/omer_03.jpg

Sate of poverty in Palestine, deprivation of water.

What would you say about this?

Not only this, but Palestinians living in Israel are treated as second class citizens, e.g. 2004 U.S. State Department Country Reports on Human Rights Practices found out:

-"According to a 2003 University of Haifa study, a tendency existed to impose heavier prison terms to Arab citizens than to Jewish citizens. Human rights advocates claimed that Arab citizens were more likely to be convicted of murder and to have been denied bail."

-"Israeli Arabs were not required to perform mandatory military service and, in practice, only a small percentage of Israeli Arabs served in the military. Those who did not serve in the army had less access than other citizens to social and economic benefits for which military service was a prerequisite or an advantage, such as housing, new-household subsidies, and employment, especially government or security-related industrial employment."

Its a shame that you would call the true tears of humans seeing their children dead as "crocodile tears". This is a clear proof of the fact that humanity has failed. Although, humans still exist but humanity is nowhere to be found. The whole world knows of the injustice done to Palestine which still going on, but still chose to stay quite on this matter. This is the current poor state of humanity in the 21st century.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Maliha Ahmed
http://www.wrmea.org/images/Sept_Oct_2006/omer_03.jpg

Sate of poverty in Palestine, deprivation of water.

What would you say about this?

Show me a Gazan who's died from lack of water?

Don't bother, you can't.

Images of Gaza some don't see, or want to see

A waterpark -This was destroyed by Hamas

Now THIS is living tough - India's slums

Inconvenient pictures for you, no doubt.

-"According to a 2003 University of Haifa study, a tendency existed to impose heavier prison terms to Arab citizens than to Jewish citizens. Human rights advocates claimed that Arab citizens were more likely to be convicted of murder and to have been denied bail."

Tell me which countries don't have such problems?

The UK's Police force was found to be "institutionally racist"

America's black prison population?

Arabs Israelis are becoming more and more assimilated. Israel is still a young country and this takes time.

There are Arabs who are supreme court judges in Israel. Arabs who head whole Hospital departments.

The ex-prime minister of Israel was found guilty of accepting a bribe and was sentenced by an Arab judge.
(edited 9 years ago)
Let's not forget that, among the food and water shortages, the hospitals are poorly equipped due to the blockade, Israel as good as control everything that legally moves in and out of the Gaza strip and can make thing better, or more likely worse, at very short notice. And the point of the post, the economy in Gaza is near non-existent, over half of the GDP comes via humanitarian aid because the living and economic situation is so dire.
And this is an Israeli publication reporting on how dire it is and is likely to become.
Original post by Jammy Duel
Let's not forget that, among the food and water shortages, the hospitals are poorly equipped due to the blockade,

Any idea why they don't run out of rockets, but seem to run out of other supplies "due to the blockade"

How do they manage to NOT run out of Iranian, Syrian and home made rockets - yet apparently DO manage to run out of medical supplies?

Any ideas?
x

Can you verify that they are all of Gaza?
Not committing the Fallacy for relative privation might help your cause, or just reducing the number of fallacious arguments in general.
Ok troll.

I propose you try to learn the traits of neutrality and rational thinking rather than blind nationalism and patriotism.
Original post by Jammy Duel
I propose you try to learn the traits of neutrality and rational thinking rather than blind nationalism and patriotism.

I suggest you run along and come back with the answer as to why the 'palestinians' run out of supplies due to the 'blockade' - but never seem to run out of weapons/rockets.

Let me know when you're able to answer this.

Within 14 hours of this latest flare-up - the BBC was already peddling the propaganda of hospital supplies running short, yet day in and day out, hundreds of rockets are fired with seemingly no end to their resources.

:rolleyes:
I think most Israeli's are from Europe. People don't know this but the Nazi's actually helped transport many Jews to Palestine look up the Nazi and Zionist pact. The Nazi's regularly took trips to Palestine in the 30's and apparently Palestine was flooded with German made products.Question the holocaust understand that it's a tool to stop people opposing what they're doing today.
x

Also Gaza:

But, reductio ad absurdum time, here are images of New York City:

Spoiler

London:

Clearly New York is a dreadful place [<-sarcasm]
False flag? this isn't the first. Remember the Israeli who desecrated the graves of his Jewish ancestors and and framed it on the Arabs? I forgot what he wrote now something like Arabs will exterminate the Jews.

Latest

Trending

Trending