The Student Room Group

GCSE Exams May-June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JayJay-C19
They're low but thats because the exams arent that easy... like last year, I felt they went really well, answered every question, knew everything and nope got like C/B grades. Ridiculous. It's 40-50 out of 60 for an A*

tbh id rather have a hard exam with low grade boundaries than vice versa
Reply 21
Original post by Angelo12231
tbh id rather have a hard exam with low grade boundaries than vice versa

I'd rather the opposite because then the marks are easier to attain, l.o.l.
Reply 22
Even my pal who gets straight A*'s in physics said P2 was hard. Everyone thought it was awful! B2 was excellent :') x

I didn't have an issue with any of the Bs the Ps we're difficult but I found C1 harder than C2 and C3!
I'd rather the opposite because then the marks are easier to attain, l.o.l.

LOL okay, but its easier to make a mistake on easy papers... You start to fly through the questions and end up making a lot of stupid mistakes :P so hard exams require more concentration so nothing can really get past you... I'd feel better that i didn't know a question because it was hard than to realise i lost marks for something i knew, purely because of mistakes :biggrin:
Reply 24
Original post by Angelo12231
LOL okay, but its easier to make a mistake on easy papers... You start to fly through the questions and end up making a lot of stupid mistakes :P so hard exams require more concentration so nothing can really get past you... I'd feel better that i didn't know a question because it was hard than to realise i lost marks for something i knew, purely because of mistakes :biggrin:

Easy way to correct that: Use your head and read things over like 100 times at the end. Simples.
Original post by Nellanie
I didn't have an issue with any of the Bs the Ps we're difficult but I found C1 harder than C2 and C3!

C2 was simple but I made stupid mistakes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by WriterOfWrongs
C2 was simple but I made stupid mistakes

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found C2 straightforward:smile: My pal did triple science and she thought, weirdly, all of the Unit 3 papers were easy as hell! Lucky.
I found C2 straightforward:smile: My pal did triple science and she thought, weirdly, all of the Unit 3 papers were easy as hell! Lucky.

There was a question about what happens at the other electrolyte and it was worth 4 marks but all that I could think of was like 2 positive h atoms go to the cathode. I literally could not think of another 3 marks worth

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by WriterOfWrongs
There was a question about what happens at the other electrolyte and it was worth 4 marks but all that I could think of was like 2 positive h atoms go to the cathode. I literally could not think of another 3 marks worth

Posted from TSR Mobile

YES I remember that question. I was the same. Oh well, only a mark or so lost!

You know B2? What about that ridiculous question about the plants and they were in like a special container or something? They had their food and environment and so on, controlled? I hated that question.
YES I remember that question. I was the same. Oh well, only a mark or so lost!

You know B2? What about that ridiculous question about the plants and they were in like a special container or something? They had their food and environment and so on, controlled? I hated that question.

That one made me laugh. But for me, it wasn't as bad as the C2 one because I know I didn't do my best on C2 whereas with P2, I gave it my all

Quick Reply

Latest