The Student Room Group

What is the name of that student card that gives you discounts?

:confused:

I can't remember the name, the official one.
NUS (extra?) card, perhaps?
Original post by Manitude
NUS (extra?) card, perhaps?

this
NUS card, though a lot of shops give you discount just with your normal student id, but a few places insist on the nus extra card, and to shop online you need the nus card too
How do you get an NUS card, and what kind of extras can it get you?
Original post by blackpuma137
How do you get an NUS card, and what kind of extras can it get you?

http://www.nus.org.uk/en/nus-extra/ - here's the website. It costs £12, but it allows for discounts on tons of places.

Where I went to uni, nobody would accept a regular student ID. It HAD to be the NUS Extra card. I found it weird, but ah well.
Oh cool, so I can use it for Student ID in clubs and things like that? I don't have any driver's license, and a passport is not a cool accessory to clubbing, ahah
Reply 7
Oh cool, so I can use it for Student ID in clubs and things like that? I don't have any driver's license, and a passport is not a cool accessory to clubbing, ahah

No they won't accept it. Most clubs don't even accept ID cards with the PASS hologram. The only 2 pieces of ID which are always accepted are you driving licence and passport. I'd advise you to get a provisional licence, it's £50 and you won't have to risk not getting into clubs.
You're joking?? :eek: Can you get a provisional license if you're not a citizen of the UK though? I'm only a EU national
Reply 9
You're joking?? :eek: Can you get a provisional license if you're not a citizen of the UK though? I'm only a EU national

Have a look at this

https://www.gov.uk/exchange-foreign-driving-licence

Ah, this could've been a great option but I don't have a driver's license at all. Don't fancy learning in Beijing, either...

Thank you for the info though! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
I'm mostly just bummed/shocked because I don't have a driver's license at all. Don't fancy learning in Beijing, either...

Thank you for the info though! :biggrin:

Just use your passport. You'd be surprised how many people use their passports as ID for getting into clubs.
Original post by Kre
Just use your passport. You'd be surprised how many people use their passports as ID for getting into clubs.

My parents have raised me with an insane fear of losing it, though I guess if there's no other option/other people actually use it I will just go ahead and use it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending