The Student Room Group

What makeup do you wear?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vineyard13
I think its really good :smile: not clumpy at all - the only mascara I don't mind spending a bit of money on. If not, I like Max Factor false lash effect.

I've got a little one of the Benefit mascara and I really like it too :smile: would be nicer if it was cheaper though..
Kohl eyeliner and that's about it lol. I think it's Rimmel or something
(edited 9 years ago)
Would anybody spend around £17.50/£18.00 on a lipgloss?
Original post by fortunesfool
It doesn't unfortunately. Real techniques do a face brush set, it comes with four amazing brushes, one of them being a contour brush which is really good!

If you want something cheaper, eBay and even place like Wilkos do Real Technique dupes.

e.g

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Single-Makeup-Brush-Powder-Blush-Foundation-Contour-Cosmetic-Tool-Purple-5-Type-/201052276764?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Make_up_Cosmetics_Make_up_Brushes_PP&var=&hash=item2ecfa6481c

the letter 'D' one is the ideal contour shape or just use an angled brush. You can even get any old big fluffy powder or kabuki brush and just use your fingers to squeeze it so it fits in the hollows of your cheeks.

Wow the brushes in the ebay link are like a pound each. Bad quality?
Original post by Secretnerd123
Wow the brushes in the ebay link are like a pound each. Bad quality?

some of them are surprisingly good quality! have a look at 'ebay brush reviews' as a lot of people rave about them.

just found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7WHB_nsNNI
The products, names, brands and shiz:smile:

Foundation- Estée Lauder, Collection concealer and Smashbox powder
Loreal blusher.
Yves Saint Laurent baby doll mascara
Loreal eyeliner
Kate lipstick or just Carmex.

brushes wise- Real techniques!
(edited 9 years ago)
Would anybody spend around £17.50/£18.00 on a lipgloss?

I spent 21 on a Chanel one, it's not worth it :lol:
Original post by Sophsha
Foundation- Estée Lauder, Collection concealer and Smashbox powder
Loreal blusher.
Yves Saint Laurent baby doll mascara
Loreal eyeliner
Kate lipstick or just Carmex.

brushes wise- Real techniques!

Is the YSL mascara good?
Original post by Sophsha
I spent 21 on a Chanel one, it's not worth it :lol:

really?:colondollar:
some of them are surprisingly good quality! have a look at 'ebay brush reviews' as a lot of people rave about them.

just found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7WHB_nsNNI

Thanks girl!! :biggrin:

Btw i want to start contouring soon but worried it will make a dramatic difference to my face and i'll look like a different person with makeup. Am i just being paranoid? :tongue:

Btw i want to start contouring soon but worried it will make a dramatic difference to my face and i'll look like a different person with makeup. Am i just being paranoid? :tongue:

Paranoid, unless you don't blend properly it could look quite odd!
Is the YSL mascara good?

Yeah! I like it so far but naturally any mascara works well with me, just use an eye curler. The waterproof millions mascara by Loreal is amazing!

No problem! And if you just do it lightly, it will look completely natural! Just don't overestimate your contour shade. The sleek contour kit is so pigmented that I've got the shade 'light' even though I have quite dark skin. Just do it ever so lightly, and build it up to the intensity you want :biggrin:
Original post by Sophsha
Paranoid, unless you don't blend properly it could look quite odd!

Do u contour?
No problem! And if you just do it lightly, it will look completely natural! Just don't overestimate your contour shade. The sleek contour kit is so pigmented that I've got the shade 'light' even though I have quite dark skin. Just do it ever so lightly, and build it up to the intensity you want :biggrin:

Ohh cool! Btw can you use concealer as a highlighter or do you have to use both?
Is the Ben Nye banana powder worth the hype?:redface:

I bought it like a year ago and have barely used 20% of it. It lasts ages and is really fine. It's perfect for my skin tone too. I think it's worth the money. It was like 22 quid for the bigger tub. It'll last me definitely over another year or two.

It's loose though so a bit messy.
Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, Nars Concealer, Hourglass ambient lighting powder
Body Shop honey bronze, Nars Dolce Vita blusher
Revlon brow fantasy, maybeline tattoo bronze cream eyeshadow

and then I wear whichever lipstick I feel like but it's usually a fuschia pink mixed with a balm so it's very subtle. Don't generally bother with mascara/eyeliner unless it's night-time, I quite like how it looks without.

Sounds like a lot but most people are surprised when I tell them I'm wearing makeup.
No7 Foundation (sometimes), L'oreal Telescopic Mascara (It is seriously goddamn amazing, much better than the likes of YSL), Sephora Smartliner eyeliner and NYX eyebrow marker. I've tried contouring recently but the fail level is too much to bear.
Do u contour?

On nights out! :biggrin:
Original post by TheCynicalChild
No7 Foundation (sometimes), L'oreal Telescopic Mascara (It is seriously goddamn amazing, much better than the likes of YSL), Sephora Smartliner eyeliner and NYX eyebrow marker. I've tried contouring recently but the fail level is too much to bear.

Oh yes telescopic mascara is amazing too :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest